Gift cards attached to the room...

Sunflowerkisses

Earning My Ears
Hello! Newbie here in the beginning phases of first Disney trip... here is my question:

If I get a couple of Disney gift cards, can I attach it to my room card so that any charges can be taken off of that? Or do I have to walk around with?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I don't think you can directly attach gift cards to your room charges, but what we've done in the past is add our cc and then stop by every couple of days and pay off current charges with our gift cards.

I don't believe you can attach it to the room either, but as the previous poster suggested, just stopping by the front desk to pay off the balance with the gift cards will work fine.

I did this in Nov, i had disney visa rewards, plus i had multiple gift cards totaling around 300.00 (everyone gives me them for birthday and christmas) that at check in they added to my room leaving a credit balance on the room. but what i thought was weird was they charged my credit card for the room total and then just left the remaining credit for future purchases. Not that it mattered we used all that plus some it was food and wine , just thought you might want to let them know if you want it to go to the room charge or not.

thats weird. I put Gc's down on my room and they charged my Gift cards before my cc that I'm not evewn sure I had down on rm key at first.

We were just at WDW Dec. 16-25, 2011. We stayed at POR. As a fundraiser my daughter team does scrip cards and she get $$$ off her monthly bill for everyone she sells (buys).

First, we bought $3200 worth (her team sells them in $1000 cards) and paid for our trip - easy called and give them the card numbers

Second, we bought $800 worth of cards to pay for everything we sent during the 10 days we were there.

The day we checked in I gave them all $800 worth of cards and they credited them towards our room charges. You also have to give them a credit card # incase you go over your gift cards.

Every time we needed something we simply gave them our KTTW card and the amount was taken off our balance. In the end we spent about $900 so they only charged our cc $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter