Gift cards as DDP alternative

I saved our receipts from our trip last week. We had the QSDP. We actually paid more for the dining plan than if we had paid OOP. We just were not that hungry and we were getting desserts because they were included. I think had we paid OOP we would have came out much less. Then again I loved not looking at prices. I am thinking next time I will just get a gift card. (Already thinking next time... Lol!!). I def would not do the TS service plan. It's just too much food IMO...

we pay all of our Disney trips with gift cards... cruises and trips to the parks.

we charge everything on our KTTW cards and the night before we check out we pay the balance with gift cards. ( we were just there last week.)

With TIW and gift cards... it works out great!! we spend less than what we would have with the dining plan... and eat a bunch less too. I love desserts, but not all the ones with the quick service lunches.

Can you get TIW if you aren't an AP or DVC member?

To those who use gift cards to pay off their KTTW card balance... where do you keep the cards? In the safe? I'm SO scared of leaving a large amount of money/gift cards in it.. I'm afraid they will get stolen! Maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't help worrying.

Last trip we had DDP so we just had a relatively small amount of cash for spending money and tips. So this is going to be a new experience for me.

To those who use gift cards to pay off their KTTW card balance... where do you keep the cards? In the safe? I'm SO scared of leaving a large amount of money/gift cards in it.. I'm afraid they will get stolen! Maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't help worrying.

We always leave ours in the safe and have never had a problem.

We find the DDP too much work. We just want to and go.

We buy gift cards, use our visa points and save cash to pay for the extras. After years if going, we are pretty close on our budget.

We always do this. You can buy denominations up to 500 on the Disney site. I would recommend getting the Disney gift card app as well. I took a photo of the front of the card to keep them all separate on the site. It worked out perfectly!

Is that an app for the iPhone or Android?:confused3

For the way we eat when we are down there the dining plan really doesn't work for us either. We always pay OOP with Disney gift cards. We buy them at Giant Eagle so we get the fuel perks. I absolutely recommend this strategy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter