Gift card reimbursement?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
If I lost a gift card, but have the receipt, can we get reimbursed?

If you have all the numbers and another gift card, you could transfer the balance from the lost card with the new card at disneygiftcard.com

If I lost a gift card, but have the receipt, can we get reimbursed?

Doubtful, as a receipt only proves you bought a gift card. It doesn't prove you didn't spend it. Maybe there's a way they can track the gc from the receipt and cancel it and possibly re-issue you another one, but I doubt it. Never hurts to ask.

The last time I purchased a gift card at Disney for the F&W festival, I was told to keep the receipt. That way if I lost it, they could replace what was left on it. If someone else finds it and uses it, oh well, then you're out of luck. But now I always keep the receipt in my wallet.

When I buy GC at my grocery store, the receipt does not print all the numbers. I'm not sure they would be able to replace it. I do, however, enter them all in online and combine them, leaving one with zero balance, so if I lose one I can transfer the balance like hakepb mentioned.

I don't see any possibility of anywhere allowing that.

Just because you have a receipt doesn't mean anything. You would need all the numbers off the card and be able to transfer it online to another gift card.

If you lost the card and don't know the numbers then you'd be out the amount on the gift card.

If they could issue another gift card with a receipt I could just walk into Target, buy a $100 gift card. Come back the next day with the receipt and claim I "lost" it and get another $100 gift card for free. This would be abused by tons of people. Not saying at all that you didn't actually in fact lose a gift card, but just being issued another gift card as a replacement won't work

You should get an activation receipt which may be helpful in replacing your lost gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter