Gift Card questions

ZoeBell

Mouseketeer
I called today and added the GC to my account. She reminded me to bring the cards in case they needed to add money back on. I don't think that will happen. But just in case I have a question. If I have the Disney GC app on my phone and the GC are loaded on there do I still need the actual card for money to be added back? Or can the card be reloaded via the GC numbers on the app? I'd rather not have to bring the cards with me since I'm trying to pack as light as possible.

Thank you!

25 days and counting:banana:

Isn't the refund to the gift card done electronically, in that you might not even know that they refunded anything, so don't throw the cards away?

Nancy

neg58 said:
Isn't the refund to the gift card done electronically, in that you might not even know that they refunded anything, so don't throw the cards away?

Nancy

Exactly. I found this out after my last cruise. I could have looked up the balances online, but I just took them on a later WDW trip and considered whatever showed up when the card was swiped to be a bonus ;). It wasn't much, so it didn't really matter. I knew from my final statement that the right amount was charged back to the cards, I just didn't know which cards received which amount.

I called today and added the GC to my account. She reminded me to bring the cards in case they needed to add money back on. I don't think that will happen. But just in case I have a question. If I have the Disney GC app on my phone and the GC are loaded on there do I still need the actual card for money to be added back? Or can the card be reloaded via the GC numbers on the app? I'd rather not have to bring the cards with me since I'm trying to pack as light as possible.

Yeah, interesting question. I've never heard of anyone reporting that they needed the actual card to have money refunded back onto it, only that they needed the actual card in order to access/respend the refunded money. Maybe they've had complaints from customers who don't track their cards and can't figure out which card has the refund? :confused3. Anyway, it really shouldn't be much of an issue since there are instructions right on the back of the card how to check the balance either online or by telephone (if you have a magnifying glass that is).

I guess it makes sense to bring 1 or 2 (empty) cards with you, just in case they want an actual card for whatever reason. As PP noted, the app won't help get the refund to happen, since you don't have the entire number visible on there. It only helps YOU track the cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter