Gift Baskets???

Girls Only

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I am a major procrastinator, but can some one please give me the name of the company that will deliver gift baskets on the ship? We leave on Feb 16th and I forgot to order something for my daughters birthday (the 17th). Thank you very much.

:smooth: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

You're not too bad!

I'm leaving on the 15th and just ordered from Shirley yesterday. She's wonderful. Have a great trip!

Without a doubt...Shirley. I called only a couple of days before my Dad's cruise and Shirley and her "crew" were more than happy to accommodate me. My father and his wife LOVED the basket (wine, camara and sunscreen-Shirley even suggested putting in a wine opener so they wouldn't have to wait for roomservice-I never would have thought about that). You will not be disapointed!!

www.theperfectgift.cc

hope this helps!!

Thank you all. I just finished placing an order with The Perfect Gift. They are great. My girls will be so surprised.

On the ship in 3 days!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Could some of you who have ordered baskets tell me what you put in, especially if you got baskets for a 9-11 year old girl.

I have twins who will be celebrating their 10th birthday on the cruise in September, and I would love to surprise them with baskets.

I had thought about a waterproof disposable camera, can of their favoriate pop, a Disney item of some sort. What other ideas would you have.
Thanks,
DJ

This first time I ordered the sand bucket and accesories. The bucket was filled with juice boxes and snacks. The second time I ordered the tote bag with some juice boxes, snacks, and a water camera. The tote bag was very nice and came in handy on excursions. I purposey didn't pack one.

Shirley's crew can give you some ideas when you call. I called about a 6 weeks before we sailed then called back the week before to make sure everyhting was fine. They are great to work with and will do what they can to add anything special.

Shirley & Co. can come up with some great ideas when you describe the person's interests (and even when you don't!). For our 10th anniversary last year, I had her do a basket for my hubby. He is a Bears fan, and she came up with the cutest Bears theme! I have photos of it on my website, although they don't do it justice. I've also had baskets done for crew members, and she came up with the neatest themes when I had no idea what to do (for example, a little treasure chest with seashells). Just put your trust in Perfect Gift and you won't be dissapointed!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'm glad I came across this post. We went on a cruise in June 2002, and I ordered a basket for my DW and DD. My DD received a ballet book and on the cover was a sticker of Minnie Mouse. Well, she did not want the sticker on the book and asked me to remove it. I found out why they placed the sticker on the book --- because a hunk of the book was torn off. When we returned I called and they said they would replace the book. I have called a number of times and they continue to tell me that it has been ordered. I think after 8 months the book would be in by now. I will have to call tomorrow to find out where the book is. Don't get me wrong, we were very happy with the baskets, but we did not receive the same service as others have received.:(

I want to say that I was NOT aware of this problem, but I can guarantee that I will find out about this TODAY - Please call the shop at 800-950-4559 as soon as you receive this note - please know that we NEVER EVER send out any used or torn up products - do not know what happened, but you will get a new book as quickly as you write me or call me and tell me what kind of book it was - I am very upset that I was not aware of this and will make it good especially that you have not been contacted . I am so very sorry for when it comes to ANY children especially, I make it my darnest never to disappoint a child well anyone.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Always
Shirley

I just want to inform everyone that I just got off the phone with Shirley and we had a wonderful conversation. She informed me that my DD will receive a replacement soon. I should state that this is partially my fault. When I called the first time I should have talked with Shirley directly instead of talking with the person I ordered the basket from. As stated in my earlier post, I was pleased with the baskets I ordered and will use Shirley when we book another cruise. My problem should have no impact on anyone ordering a basket from her. She does a professional job and puts all her love in each basket.

Glad it all worked out! BTW Shirley, how far in advance to you like to have orders? I know you can do a rush job, and that is sweet of you, but if I know when you would like it, I can save you the rush!

We aren't sailing until September, so I know I have LOTS of time, but if you tell me how far in advance you would like an order I will mark my calendar on the day I should call you.

DJ
(yes, I live by my calendar and plan things down to the day......I couldn't live without my calendar ;) -- I am already looking out to 2004 and 2005 vacations!)

I don't normally complain about things but wanted to say that I didn't receive the friendly helpful service that other posters have mentioned when I called to order gift baskets for my two little boys.

I don't know the name of the person who took my order, I just asked if it was Shirley since I'd heard such nice things about her on these boards. The woman just said that she wasn't Shirley.

Basically the woman who took my order snapped at me several times and when I asked for suggestions or ideas of things other people had ordered for little boys she just barked "you just need to tell me what you want". Pretty much she made me feel like my order was an inconvenience and an aggravation.

Oh well, I'm sure my boys will like the items I ordered and that's what it is important. I just was disappointed in the way I was treated and thought I should pass it on to others who might be using the service.

Hi,

I just made my order with Shirley yesterday. She treated me like we were old friends. I have told everyone how wonderful she was. I have know doubt that our baskets will be GRAND!!!
Thanks so much Shirley,
thatmom

I ordered a basket for DD birthday for our March 1st cruise. I spoke to Joanne. She was very helpfull!! I just told her what DD interests are and how much approx. I'd like to spend. She was great. She's even getting me some Bibsters for DS 19 months.(Not available in Canada) I have called the store a few times to add to my order and spoken to Shirley. She's wonderful. They are both great. Can't wait to see the order.

Wendy

PS They can add chocolate covered strawberries!! YUM YUM.

Hi DJ - one idea for the twins would be a pair of binoculars for each to look at other ships in the distance and/or dolphins. A light-up pen would also be good for something "different" to get autographs from Mickey and the gang. Individual sunscreen is always useful. The Perfect Gift included "Safe Sea" sun block for my then DS9. Not only does it prevent sunburn, but the solution also wards off jellyfish and sea lice.

Wishing you a most wonderful cruise.

Any Basket content ideas for a 10 month old and a 15 month old? I'm sure Shirley could give me ideas, but I'd rather call with at least something in mind! I came up with a bucket and shovel for each of them, but can't get past that. :)

Kathy

My dear Kathy,
NOT that I wouldn't want to sell a basket to you for your little girls, but in all honesty, now this is my feelings ok, I just feel that spending that extra monies for children too young to really understand or appreciate that just maybe sweetie, you should spend it on yourself and hubby - the time will come when these babies will grow up and will be able to understand and appreciate your kindness - spend that extra monies on a treat for you and your hubby - Now that is something to think about ok.
Always
Shirley

I hate to complain either...but hearing the great things on this board about Shirley's company and her personalized service I decided to get a basket for my dh as a surprise (it was a couple's only Anniversary cruise for us last October). Anyway, I ordered a bunch of fun, romantic items but what I really wanted to include was a cute little saying that my dh and I use to show how much we care: SHMILY. It stands for "See How Much I Love You." We play a game where we will hide that word around the house for the other person to find it and then it will be the next person's turn. Maybe that sounds silly but it helps to keep the romance alive in a easy, fun way. Anyway, I spoke with someone at Shirley's company (not Shirley) and placed the order with the instructions to put SHMILY on the card. When I spoke with another worker a few days later(again, not Shirley), I verified the contents of the basket, including the special instructions on the card. That lady did not have that information included on the order form but then wrote it down. Needless to say, I searched everywhere in the basket for the SHMILY message and it wasn't there! I was hoping for a very special moment when he saw what I had done for him. Telling him my good intentions did not have the same affect.
Ann:(

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi DJ - one idea for the twins would be a pair of binoculars for each to look at other ships in the distance and/or dolphins. A light-up pen would also be good for something "different" to get autographs from Mickey and the gang. Individual sunscreen is always useful. The Perfect Gift included "Safe Sea" sun block for my then DS9. Not only does it prevent sunburn, but the solution also wards off jellyfish and sea lice.
I LIKE this idea A lot! I'll have to remember this for our Cruise....

Shirley, Please check your Email:)

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter