Gift Baskets sent from home?

Jaquie

Zip-a-dee-do-da
Hi,
I just received the DCL Gifts brochure. I would like to put together my own baskets. Is it possible to Mail them down and the CM can put them in the room before our arrival? Or do we have to purchase one of the baskets in the DCL brochure?
Thanks

I'd be interested in this too. We are going on the West Coast cruise and since I can't get Shirley to commit to doing a temporary shop in LA :sad2: , I could do this!

I have searched the web for a gift basket company, but I guess Shirley spoiled me (and many others) :cloud9: as I cannot find a good company I feel secure with!!!

jfis1020-
I do believe I read on another thread this past week, that Shirley has been in the process of looking for, and may have found a company in CA to do baskets for the west coast cruises. If you can't find the thread and are interested in what she has found out you could just call her store at 800-950-4559. HTH!
Susie princess:

Jaquie said:
Hi,
I just received the DCL Gifts brochure. I would like to put together my own baskets. Is it possible to Mail them down and the CM can put them in the room before our arrival? Or do we have to purchase one of the baskets in the DCL brochure?
Thanks

I have never heard of anyone doing this through DCL. They are promoting their own baskets...If you want a custom basket, call Shirley at The Perfect Gift and send your stuff to her.

So Shirley lets you send your stuff to her? I looked at her baskets but they are mostly candy/soda stuff and I'm not a big fan of that for my kids. Would love to have one a bit healthier. I didn't realize she would let you send her things.

Sue
:flower:

Yes Shirley will let you send stuff down to her to be put in your basket. Give her a call she will be happy to give you her address. And she said mail it at least 2 weeks before your cruise date.

at least I am sure hoping so - it is a mom and pop shop called Hillsideflorist.com - now they do NOT have any disney products, but I told them I would work with them so they could make the baskets of your choices -
I told them (Faye and Hank) that I allowed packages to be sent to me and add into their baskets at no extra charges - I also told them I did NOT charge anything extra for the deliveries - now they have told me they will work with anyone that calls them and tells them I sent you - nope there isn't anything in it for me - just wanted to find someone that you would be comfortable with - they can get beer and wines of your choices etc.
Those interested can go to their web site, give them a call on their 800 number and please please let me know how it went - if I need to keep looking, just let me know ok
Always
Shirley

Gosh Shirley.......I wish the world was full of wonderful people like you! Thanks for going out of your way, once again! You give so much of yourself for others......... I will definitely give them a shot!!

Jenny

Hi all,
Well I don't know how to say this but I just found out that DCL will be charging ALL vendors in California a $15.00 delivery fee for every item that is taken accross to them --here they are charging me $12.50 and the staff member that delivers them only receives $1.00 from the amount charged.
I could not find anyone I was comfortable with out there - I asked my girlfriend Shelly (she does baskets in Miami for cruise lines) for help, and she told me the vendor she did use out in California just wasnt that great and not up to our standard, and to top it off, the charges for delivery just wouldn't make it worthwhile for another $5.00 would be added to the $15.00.
This is why I just can't recommend anyone - I wish I could and feel comfortable about it, but I also respect my name and company too much to take the chance of you not being happy with your purchases. I offered 2 companies help so they could help the customers, but I was met with rebuff as to charges in fact I was told I was an idiot for charging the little amount I was for what I offered and the shopping I did for customers Go figure -------
Anyhow I wish I could come up with an idea to help those that want gift baskets out there, but so far I have been a dud.
Good luck and listen if I can help in any way - you know the number :teeth:
Always
Shirley
the basket case

If you can't find anyone, then why don't you mail your package out thru Fedex Ground, to the port address to your name & cabin number.

Disney will give you the address & all of the information. Just call them & ask.

You will have a tracking number & insurance on it, which comes with Fedex Ground service. It is not expensive at all.

It is quite easy & painless, & would be fun to open the box, with the beautiful gift box inside.

Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Patricia

Hello to all! First, I wanted to mention that in my reading, I thought Shirley (who is an angel here on earth) was trying hard to limit "sent" items down to 3 a basket. I think people have tried to cut corners so much to where she ends up putting all their stuff in the basket and therefore cannot really make any profit. With such a wonderful thing going on with Shirley, I sure wouldn't want her to go out of business.... especially before I get to try out her services. With that being said, I need to know what is the earliest I can reserve baskets. I do have a couple things I need to send. Also, is there a delivery fee for 3 separate rooms (all next to each other) if they are all ordered on the same bill? I want to surprise everyone!!! Last but not least, I am trying to find out how and where to attach that countdown icon!!!! I love them but can't figure out how to do them. Thanks alot everyone. Happy sailing! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter