• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideon’s Bakehouse - East End vs Disney Springs

Brewersprts

Mouseketeer
First, is the theming at the East End Gideon’s as cool as Disney Springs? Any negatives to visiting that one?

Does anyone know how the lines are at the East End market location?

How are the lines at the Disney Springs location during a weekday?

I was there this past Wednesday at 5:30 pm and the wait was 2 hours and 35 minutes to get the text to bring you to the line. Disney Springs as a whole was quite empty that night too!

The couple of times I've been to the East End Market location, the wait has been no more than a couple of minutes.
That said, theming-wise, there's almost nothing; that's because it's just a small counter within the market of several other food vendors.
The East End Market location is also less expensive. $5 for a cookie versus $6 at Disney Springs.

My wife with some of her family members were at Disney Springs, mid afternoon on Thursday of last week. the wait for Gideon's was about an hour and half.

They stopped by the East End store while heading out of town late Friday afternoon. Almost no wait.

What my wife brought home was very good. For a "stop and go" for baked goods, I don't necessary care about the theming. I just care about the quality. Would I wait in line for hour and half for baked goods, no. However if I could do a virtual queue and do something else I would consider it.

Our first ever taste of Gideon's was from the East End location in Dec 2019. I had been following their Instagram page since they started selling cookies at Polite Pig which were reviewed highly by vloggers. We uber-ed to the East End from Universal for about $50 each way & arrived there early on a Sunday morning. We were first in line & they only allowed 6 cookies per person to be purchased, so with 3 of us, we were able to buy 18 of the various flavors including their December specials (Von Krampus & White Chocolate Coffee Toffee). We ate a few & froze the rest when we got back to WDW. There was a really long line that formed after us but it did seem to go quickly because most people already knew what they wanted. Not much themeing besides the display case. It's just a counter in a building along with other vendors. It does seem like the ordering system has shifted outdoors since covid hit. This location is tiny with limited baking/storage space as well, so going early was the key to getting the best selection. I don't know if they are baking more at the DS location & supplying the EE location? We don't usually rent a car, so having them in DS was an awesome development, but the wait being 90mins plus is tough for me. We'll see how things are at DS when we're there in a couple weeks. We might have to visit the EE location if we can't get cookies from DS easily.

Our first ever taste of Gideon's was from the East End location in Dec 2019. I had been following their Instagram page since they started selling cookies at Polite Pig which were reviewed highly by vloggers. We uber-ed to the East End from Universal for about $50 each way & arrived there early on a Sunday morning. We were first in line & they only allowed 6 cookies per person to be purchased, so with 3 of us, we were able to buy 18 of the various flavors including their December specials (Von Krampus & White Chocolate Coffee Toffee). We ate a few & froze the rest when we got back to WDW. There was a really long line that formed after us but it did seem to go quickly because most people already knew what they wanted. Not much themeing besides the display case. It's just a counter in a building along with other vendors. It does seem like the ordering system has shifted outdoors since covid hit. This location is tiny with limited baking/storage space as well, so going early was the key to getting the best selection. I don't know if they are baking more at the DS location & supplying the EE location? We don't usually rent a car, so having them in DS was an awesome development, but the wait being 90mins plus is tough for me. We'll see how things are at DS when we're there in a couple weeks. We might have to visit the EE location if we can't get cookies from DS easily.
The baking is actually done at a separate kitchen nearer the East End Market location.

On Saturday Feb 13th, we got in the virtual queue for Gideon’s at Disney Springs at 2:47. The text said 295 miles. We did some other shopping and stuff, including waiting in the crazy line for the M&M’s store and eating at Maria and Enzo’s.

The text that said our spot was ready came at 6:46. So just about 3 hours instead of the almost 5 we were originally quoted. After getting in the actual line, it was probably 30 minutes or less to get in.

I asked about the East End location because I am semi-local (I live in Tampa) and if I just wanted to get the cookies, seems like I could drive to the other side of Orlando and back faster than I could wait in that crazy line.

I wanted to know about the theming because some people coming from out of town are wanting to get the whole experience. So when they come, guess we will have to Disney Springs it. Maybe I’ll try going earlier or during the day on a weekday.

So I drove over there yesterday (a Tuesday). Got there about 10:30 or 11. Absolutely no wait. It isn’t as cool an experience but it is the same amazing cake and cookies.

I wonder if the owner came up with the theming, the “fire” at the counter, etc... Or if Disney will offer you some sort of Imagineer consulting or something along those lines to help business owners in Disney Springs spruce up their offerings.

We waited 3 hours in the Virtual Queue last Thursday night and then another hour in the regular line once we were called. I wasn't thrilled with the wait, but after trying one of those cookies I can't wait to get more.

I wonder if the owner came up with the theming, the “fire” at the counter, etc... Or if Disney will offer you some sort of Imagineer consulting or something along those lines to help business owners in Disney Springs spruce up their offerings.
Imagineering was definitely involved with the backstory and theming of the Disney Springs location, as they are with all locations at Disney Springs.

East End market has order ahead. When we are in town we place an online order and pick it up. no wait at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter