Giant Eagle shoppers....20 cent fuel perks on gift card=12% savings

pittsburghmom

Mouseketeer
I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the "Disney Gift card deals" thread, but wanted to point out that with the fuel perks savings it actually totals a 12% savings. I bought $3000 in Disney gift cards and earned $360 in free gas which is a 12% savings. I understand that the savings is not instant at the register, but still, down the road, it still is a great savings. Hope this helps some disappointed Target shoppers.

*Edited to change the original posted savings at 20% to 12%....I did the math totally wrong the first time....my apologies to anyone this may have affected!

You know what? You DID make me feel better! Thanks! :goodvibes We have a large SUV, and it holds the full 30 gallons. I have been feeling kind of sad that my Target manager wouldn't allow the discount. Perspective is everything!

You know what? You DID make me feel better! Thanks! :goodvibes We have a large SUV, and it holds the full 30 gallons. I have been feeling kind of sad that my Target manager wouldn't allow the discount. Perspective is everything!

:) Another positive, is they sell the Disney cards in $25, $50, $100, and $500 increments....so no need to buy 200 cards just to pay off your trip!!

So how long do the fuel perks stay on your card? Like say I earn $600 of fuel perks, and I bring gas cans and take 30 gallons of gas... how long do I have to redeem my $600 of gas? Help, I'm confused! :)

So how long do the fuel perks stay on your card? Like say I earn $600 of fuel perks, and I bring gas cans and take 30 gallons of gas... how long do I have to redeem my $600 of gas? Help, I'm confused! :)

From the Giant Eagle Fuelperks FAQ:

Your fuel discounts will expire on the last day of the month, two months after they’re earned. For example, discounts earned during the month of April will expire on June 30 of the same year.

Check your Giant Eagle receipt each time you shop to see when your discounts will expire, or login to your Gianteagle.com account to check your available discounts and expiration.

Help me with my math here.

$100 in gift cards = $.40 off per gallon. $.40 x 30 gallons (you can only get 30 gallons max) = $12

Isn't that a 12% savings, not 20%?

Help me with my math here.

$100 in gift cards = $.40 off per gallon. $.40 x 30 gallons (you can only get 30 gallons max) = $12

Isn't that a 12% savings, not 20%?

Oh Goodness. You are absolutely right!! My deepest apologies:blush: I will edit my original post.....

I posted this a couple of weeks ago on the "Disney Gift card deals" thread, but wanted to point out that with the fuel perks savings it actually totals a 20% savings. I bought $3000 in Disney gift cards and earned $360 in free gas which is a 12% savings. I understand that the savings is not instant at the register, but still, down the road, it still is a great savings. Hope this helps some disappointed Target shoppers.

*Edited to change the original posted savings at 20% to 12%....I did the math totally wrong the first time....my apologies to anyone this may have affected!

Yep and if you have a CHASE REWARDS VISA beginning in January thru end of March there is 5 percent cash back reward when you buy gift cards at GETGO. Well anything really at a gas station but for our gift card needs, getgo Disney cards! I wait for the double fuel perks in Jan or Feb and then use this visa. 17 percent in total! CH CHING!

Hi there! Yes and even if car is smaller, no worries just bring gas cans. My garage holds several at any given time...I buy ALL gift cards this way for any place but Disney of course can rack it up quickly b/c you buy so many!!!

On a similar vein, our Krogers is offering 4x fuel points for gift cards through the end of the week. $300 in Disney Giftcards will give $1.20 in discounts on fuel purchases. The limit at Krogers is $1.00 of per fillup 35 Gallon Maximum. I split mine up between November and December. It's a 14% discount if you get the full 35 gallons.

We do this in December every year for our DVC annual dues and then I buy them when Discover has their 5% cashback during the year on grocery purchases along with the 20 cents fuel perks and these cover our food and extras for our trips. So nice to get all the free gas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter