Ghost Stories

Lucrezia

Mouseketeer
I've been trading ghost stories with Dis'ers on a different, non-ghost story dedicated thread and now I'm addicted.:lmao:Anyone have a good one (or ones) to share? Bonus points if it happened in DL or WDW. :hyper:popcorn:::hyper:

My family just moved out of a house that was haunted:eek: We had lights flashing around the bedrooms, crazy noises all the time (mostly whispering, sighing, knocking). Things on my bedside table and dresser would go violently flying off in the middle of the night. My son woke me up in the middle of the night terrified saying there was a woman in his room that disappeared (he was very young at the time and didn't know about "ghosts"). My DD complained that the person talking in her room kept her up at night. Light bulbs exploded on a weekly basis and when DH was deployed, he actually saw something walk across the room between me and the camera while using FaceTime. He didn't tell me until we had moved out! I'm actually glad that DH saw something because he was always the skeptic, explaining away everything that happened...well he couldn't explain that one:scared1: When we moved, I asked the owners if they had experienced anything like that and they said yes. Their kids always had nightmares, cabinets opened by themselves etc... I was so happy when we got new orders and moved out of that place.

My family just moved out of a house that was haunted:eek: We had lights flashing around the bedrooms, crazy noises all the time (mostly whispering, sighing, knocking). Things on my bedside table and dresser would go violently flying off in the middle of the night. My son woke me up in the middle of the night terrified saying there was a woman in his room that disappeared (he was very young at the time and didn't know about "ghosts"). My DD complained that the person talking in her room kept her up at night. Light bulbs exploded on a weekly basis and when DH was deployed, he actually saw something walk across the room between me and the camera while using FaceTime. He didn't tell me until we had moved out! I'm actually glad that DH saw something because he was always the skeptic, explaining away everything that happened...well he couldn't explain that one:scared1: When we moved, I asked the owners if they had experienced anything like that and they said yes. Their kids always had nightmares, cabinets opened by themselves etc... I was so happy when we got new orders and moved out of that place.

OMG! That just gave me goosebumps! :eek: I love ghost stories. So fascinated by them. keep em coming!
....sadly, I have none to share. :(

Yeah thanks for this...
DH is about to deploy and I am a huge scaredy cat!

My husband and I moved into our house in October of 2011. Almost immediately, we started noticing strange things happening. We had one room in our house that was always freezing. It would be in the 80's outside, the rest of the house would be perfectly comfortable, and this room would be absolutely frigid. There was nothing we could do. Our daughter was not yet two at the time. She would be in one room playing and we would hear her talking to someone. We would go into the room and ask her who she was talking to and she would point to no one at all. She and I would be sitting around playing and she would look over my shoulder and start laughing uncontrollably. She would say, "He's so funny, mommy!" I would ask her who and she would, again, point over my shoulder to no one. We thought that was a bit odd, but chalked it up to kids having wild imaginations. After a while, though, our daughter wasn't laughing at "him" anymore. Instead, she would say that he wasn't funny and that she didn't like him. She'd point to no one and ask us to make him go away. Our kitchen was another area that things were a bit creepy. We would be cooking or eating in there and everyone would get the strangest feeling. You could see that it would hit us all at the same time. I can't really explain the feeling, but we all had the urge to get out of the kitchen. When my husband and I would be working on Bible Study or praying, things would sometimes fall off the walls. One time, we had a glass vase go flying off of our refrigerator across the kitchen and crash to the floor on the other side - much farther away than if it had just fallen. We had our home blessed and haven't really had any problems since. We later found out from our neighbors that the people who had the house before us loved to play with the ouija board and do seances and such.

It's funny, though. No one ever really believes in that sort of thing until they experience it for themselves.

Back about 3 years ago one of our jack russell that sleeps in our bed
woke me and my wife up about 3 am barking at a chair we have in the room.

Me and my wife jump up out of bed and turn on the lights and she keeps barking and looking at this chair. Her hair is standing up we open up the bedroom door she jumps down and runs out of the room into the hallway still barking and such.

Well I look into the kids rooms and check the windows and doors all is fine my wife is trying to make her calm down she is not wanting to go back into our room so my wife takes her and put her back into bed with us.

Well after like 10 min of her growling and whining my wife and me hear foot steps going down our hallway :scared1:

I get up and check it out and the hallway was cold as could be :eek:

I do not know what or if anything was in our room that night but it sure had her up in arms. About a year later she passed on :sad1: But I for one will never forget that night.

The first time I saw a ghost was in early 1975, when one night I saw a dark shadow-like figure walk across my bedroom's floor.

One morning in 2002, I was laying in bed and I felt two cold hands grip my bare feet. It was nearly 1:30 in the morning. I've seen several shadow people in the years since then, and on several occasions I've seen cat ghosts. The cat ghost I've seen was usually an orange tabby shorthair.

goofyintoronto - I have a Toronto one.

One of the Three Men and ________- movies - I think it's the first one. If you watch it - in one scene in a downtown Toronto home/apartment? there's a boy standing in a dining room scene by the drapes. Just standing there while the three men go back and forth in the scene.

He has no feet. :rotfl2: I've seen him.

Apparently, no one saw him while filming and they missed him on edit and he's there in the scene. And the story is that he died there.

Anyway, I shared this in another.

My sister lived in a haunted house for years. And didn't care. :rotfl2:

It was a small town north of Toronto called Brougham. Many houses had hauntings. There is a lot of history with, I think, the War of 1812 and something about unjust hangings in the area.

My sister's house was priceless. EVERYTHING.

Lines of sand around beds in the morning. Outlining the bed. My niece once had charcoal marks on her face from nowhere in the morning. Childrens' voices when my nieces were not at speaking age. Clowns playing on their own. Endless scratching at times. Porch doors opening and closing. Steps to the door with no one there. TV and radios on and off.

Pool balls clacking in the night and all out on the table in the morning when they were all put back. No one was up.

She had a boarder who moved out in the middle of the night - he couldn't wait until morning. :rotfl2: Friends who stayed over and refused to again.

My sister never told us at first. So we experienced with open minds.

Many of the homes had dirt basements. That would be enough for me. :lmao: Stories of people buried in them.

My nieces were just laughing about it the other day. They're adults now. The eldest said she jumped on a little girl once and she vanished. She said she thought jumping on her would see if she was real. :stir:

I guess she wasn't. :rotfl2:

This had its periods of time. It came and went. Activity and not. My sister was not bothered because it wasn't all the time. I would have been out of there.

She actually thought at least one ghost was a male because she often said when she was seeing someone was when the activity would be on the absolute upswing.

My parents' friends lived in the same town and they said were often visited by a young girl who came to the foot of their bed.

And many other neighbours had similar stories.

Ooh, I love hearing about other people's ghost stories, I'm already getting goosebumps reading these! Which is funny since I HATE scary movies :lmao:

I don't have a really good story personally but I did live in a haunted dorm room my senior year of college. It used to be the summer home of a very wealthy family back in the early 1900s before it was bought by the university and converted/expanded. I lived in the original part of the house and my room was where a young boy supposedly died. My best friend and I were in single rooms adjoined by a bathroom in the middle, and sometimes the bathroom would inexplicably be locked from the inside on both sides (the doorknobs were really old with no locks, you had to deadbolt the door if you wanted to lock it, so there was no way to accidentally lock it on the way out). The girl who lived there before me had once woken up and felt someone sitting on her bed in the middle of the night! :scared: She had the room blessed by a priest, which might be why nothing too crazy happened to me? I am a total scaredy cat and had heard all the stories but it didn't faze me from signing up for that room, and historically it was always one of the first to be taken...what college kids will put up with for a single and a private bathroom! :lmao: However, I did sleep with all the lights and my TV on the first night, as I had moved in early and was the only one in the original part of the house that night. :rotfl2:

One of the Three Men and ________- movies - I think it's the first one. If you watch it - in one scene in a downtown Toronto home/apartment? there's a boy standing in a dining room scene by the drapes. Just standing there while the three men go back and forth in the scene.

He has no feet. :rotfl2: I've seen him.

Apparently, no one saw him while filming and they missed him on edit and he's there in the scene. And the story is that he died there.

This one's been de-bunked. Snopes 3 Men and a Baby

This one's been de-bunked. Snopes 3 Men and a Baby

That explanation is odd, since Ted Dansen was on a local news show and said that it wasn't something that was on the set. He never explained it away and even said something about the gun. And there is actually another scene where it looks like a gun is leaning against the wall by the bed.

Not saying snopes is wrong, but the movie folks must have wanted to play up the ghost story.

My story is about my mom's house. My dad died there 15 years ago. Several years after his death, my son and his wife were staying there with mom as they were moving back here from another state. Dil would not stay in the house by herself. She said she kept hearing things. A certain cabinet closing, sounds like someone coming in the back door, a leather chair squeaking. We thought she was just silly.

So, later, our house burned and we had to stay with mom until we got a place to live. I found out she wasn't being silly.

Mom's house is built with no hallways. You just go in the backdoor at the laundry room, through that door and then into the kitchen/dining room and living room with the bedrooms and family room doors coming out of those rooms. When someone comes in the back door, you can feel it at the other end of the house and if the bedroom doors are closed they move slightly.

Sitting in the living room (which is at the far end of the house), we would feel/hear that back door open. Then it would sound like one of the cabinets opening and then someone sitting in the leather chair in the family room. When Daddy was alive that would be just like his routine in the afternoons. He would come in from whatever he was doing, stop and get a cup out of the cabinet, get some water and then sit down in that chair to watch the news.

It wasn't scary, more comforting. And I would have thought it was just me, but dil (who didn't really know my dad) heard, dh and ds heard it and while we were living there dd and yds heard it. Mom would never say.

It seems to have stopped but it did it for a very long time. Do I think my Dad was haunting his house? Not really. Its more like he left an impression on the house and we were just hearing his regular routine. If he was really going to hang out somewhere, it would have been at a baseball park!!

Mine is kinda lame, but kinda involves Disney ;)
I woke up about 3 one morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went to sit in the living room to peruse the internet. I somehow started reading about Tower of Terror and it's design and ended up researching the Roosevelt Hotel and was reading about how that was haunted. At about 4:20, as I was in the thick of this, my alarm clock went off! And I had never set it! Scared the bejeebus out of me! :lmao:

My wife, 8-year-old son and I temporarily moved into an old house while our new one was being built. The house was from the 1920s, so very drafty and noisy. We all felt something weird in the house but I chalked it up to it just being an old house.

One night, I begin tucking my son into bed and he tells me, "Daddy check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy there’s somebody on my bed."

I quickly jumped up and the bed was empty. I pulled my son out from under it and we moved out that night.

My wife, 8-year-old son and I temporarily moved into an old house while our new one was being built. The house was from the 1920s, so very drafty and noisy. We all felt something weird in the house but I chalked it up to it just being an old house.

One night, I begin tucking my son into bed and he tells me, "Daddy check for monsters under my bed." I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, "Daddy there’s somebody on my bed."

I quickly jumped up and the bed was empty. I pulled my son out from under it and we moved out that night.
:scared1: :faint:

Ohhhhhh, I LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF!!

ok here's my story: My grandmother died when I was 11 and my parents bought her huge, 18 room, very old home. Not long after we moved in I saw my grandmother standing in the kitchen in vivid detail. Occasionally you would hear footsteps, lights would come on or go off, doors would open or close. Nothing major. No one was scared. Just a few strange unexplainable things.

Fast forward 10 years. I'm 21 and have a new baby via c-section with complications. My husband just opened a restaurant and worked very long hours so I temporarily move back home to get help and rest. WEIRD stuff starts to happen. The footsteps are daily, doors open and close, furniture rearranged, TV's, lights, candles would go on and off. Stove turns on and off (Yikes). Thumps. Cold areas in the house.

Mostly my mom and I would witness these things. My dad and husband were skeptical.

However the spookiest things were when my mom (on many occasions) would leave the house and could not get back in. Her keys would unlock doors but she could only get the door open 2 inches like something had been put behind the door. Now this house was huge. There were 5 doors to the outside and she would try all. Same thing. Like something was trying to keep her out. The only way in was to ring the doorbell and have my day or i let her in. That freaked me out.

Also, the day my dad went to the attic and found his father's funeral memorial book, laid open at the top of the attic steps was another freaky day. It was open to a page that had letters he wrote to my grandmother. No one had seen the book since his death in the 60's.

More strange things continued after I moved out and my parents eventually sold the old mansion in 2000. It was turned into apartments for college students.

Sometimes I want to knock on the door and see if my grandmother is still roaming around. :scared1:

Also, the day my dad went to the attic and found his father's funeral memorial book, laid open at the top of the attic steps was another freaky day. It was open to a page that had letters he wrote to my grandmother. No one had seen the book since his death in the 60's.
:

That's a nice one. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter