Ghirardelli Discontinues Use of Peanut Products in Disneyland and Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of other places to get peanut filled ice-cream treats elsewhere. Great news for many!

There are plenty of other places to get peanut filled ice-cream treats elsewhere. Great news for many!

There aren't plenty of places to get Ghirardelli peanut filled ice cream treats; in fact there was only one place at Disney World. Accommodating one (small) group shouldn't mean taking away from the much larger group that is able to enjoy those treats.

There aren't plenty of places to get Ghirardelli peanut filled ice cream treats; in fact there was only one place at Disney World. Accommodating one (small) group shouldn't mean taking away from the much larger group that is able to enjoy those treats.

Well it is an inconvenience for you not to have a "Ghirardelli peanut filled ice cream treat", while it could be a life threatening issue for that "small group" to have exposure. Good for Ghirardelli!!

Well it is an inconvenience for you not to have a "Ghirardelli peanut filled ice cream treat", while it could be a life threatening issue for that "small group" to have exposure. Good for Ghirardelli!!

It wouldn't be life threatening to that small group unless they actually went in and ordered something.

I guess the next thing will be to try to force Disney into getting rid of peanuts and peanut products in the parks.

Your empathy is amazing! Thanks for your care for others in the world!

You're very welcome.

Although one poster at the link at a great idea - bring in the individual packets of peanut butter, and add it to the regular sundae. Won't be quite the same, but at least we can still get the Ghirardelli hot fudge.

Ghiradelli made a business decision. I doubt they will lose many customers over removing one sundae when they offer so many other choices. The vast majority of people are not going in there for peanut butter. They are likely to gain more customers than they will lose.

Ghiradelli made a business decision. I doubt they will lose many customers over removing one sundae when they offer so many other choices. The vast majority of people are not going in there for peanut butter. They are likely to gain more customers than they will lose.

Absolutely, no doubt it's a business decision, and it's certainly their right to make such a decision. I just think it stinks how there seems to be this campaign to rid public places of any peanuts or peanut products to cater to a tiny minority.

I don't expect all public places to be peanut free, but it's not to have a few options. Those who don't have peanut allergies have many more options than my daughter has, but I guess for some people that just isn't enough.

I like how Disney handles the peanut allergy issue. They open up a fresh container of ice cream and prepare the sundae in a separate area that is free of peanuts. They do it as a courtesy. This is expensive. Ghiradelli chose not to do this. It probably costs less to just eliminate peanut products.

OurBigTrip....you are the type of person who makes it EXTREMELY difficult to live with life threatening food allergies. You apparently don't care about anyone else. And only the majority matters? I'm just going to assume that you don't have any family with food allergies? the attitude of those like you still amazes me. I don't get where the lack of empathy comes from. I apologize if my (and other individuals) allergies inconvenience you so much....

I think this is great. Ive had a reaction to peanuts just by walking too close to the bulk bins at Whole Foods. The past few years, I have not been able to accompany my parents when they want Ghiradellis in Disney because the one time I did, I had a reaction from the peanuts dust. I'm glad that this year I will be able to go in with them since Peanuts is my only allergy that bad. I'm excited about that. And it is so great for those with only a peanut allergy to have another food option. This is why we travel to Disney so often...Taking allergies seriously is so important to them and I appreciate the fact that I am able to breathe easy and relax when eating at Disney because they are so amazing.

OurBigTrip....you are the type of person who makes it EXTREMELY difficult to live with life threatening food allergies. You apparently don't care about anyone else. And only the majority matters? I'm just going to assume that you don't have any family with food allergies? the attitude of those like you still amazes me. I don't get where the lack of empathy comes from. I apologize if my (and other individuals) allergies inconvenience you so much....

I think this is great. Ive had a reaction to peanuts just by walking too close to the bulk bins at Whole Foods. The past few years, I have not been able to accompany my parents when they want Ghiradellis in Disney because the one time I did, I had a reaction from the peanuts dust. I'm glad that this year I will be able to go in with them since Peanuts is my only allergy that bad. I'm excited about that. And it is so great for those with only a peanut allergy to have another food option. This is why we travel to Disney so often...Taking allergies seriously is so important to them and I appreciate the fact that I am able to breathe easy and relax when eating at Disney because they are so amazing.

Seeing as I don't have a business that sells food, there really isn't any way for me to make it difficult for those that have food allergies. It's possible to care about people with allergies and still believe that they should be responsible for taking care of themselves instead of trying to force everyone else to live like they have allergies as well.

If Disney were to ban everything that you're allergic to in order to accommodate you, we'd all be eating allergy chicken nuggets and gluten free buns for three meals a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter