Ghiradelli Soda/Ice Cream Shop

vod2117

DIS Veteran
Is it true that the Ghiradelli Soda/Ice Cream Shop uses Edys ice cream and its not exactly their own ice cream? I heard that from a CM I am friendly with and she said if you went into the ice cream shop on Main Street USA, you would get the same stuff as Ghiradelli? Just curious.

That may be true, but the toppings sure aren't the same. You can not get hot fudge like that anywhere else on property. :)

Is it true that the Ghiradelli Soda/Ice Cream Shop uses Edys ice cream and its not exactly their own ice cream? I heard that from a CM I am friendly with and she said if you went into the ice cream shop on Main Street USA, you would get the same stuff as Ghiradelli? Just curious.

Not sure but I can tell you that the shakes they make are out of this world :thumbsup2

The ice seems different to me then the Edy's you get on Main Street and I eat a lot of ice cream but I agree with the other posters it's the toppings that you are really after no where else can you get dark fudge like you can at Ghiradellis! YUM!

I don't believe this is true. Dryer's/Edy's chocolate ice cream is nowhere near as rich and delicious as Ghirardelli's chocolate ice cream.... but I'll do another taste test on our trip in a few weeks! ;)

I'm a former cast member who used to work on Main street USA and have eaten the ice cream in the park and Ghiradelli well over 100 times and I can say without a doubt they are not the same. While the park ice cream is great the Ghiardelli ice cream is in a class all it's own

the best hot fudge sundae you will ever have is at the Ghiardelli ice cream shop...from the ice cream to the fudge, nuts and even the giant cherries they blow everything else out of the water.

it is a must do every trip!

The hot fudge sundae sure tastes yummy.

GhirardelliSundae.jpg

ooo, I didn't know you could buy it and bring it home..I may have to do it when I next visit:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter