GFV- Member Grand Opening Celebration Next Week

Sounds awesome...glad that some of you got in. As a local it would have been fun to pop over, but no invite.

Will they have models open to show at the new villas over the next few months? I know not long after BCV opened we were able to tour a model there. We have a reservation in January, but as I'm over there pretty often I thought I might pop in one day to get a peek.

This was a lovely event. Full breakfast complete with champagne cocktails, the lithograph and pins for everyone. $200 gift card giveaway ( I didn't win). Then a tour of a studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms and a grand villa. These rooms are absolutely stunning. Really, really high end. The marble, furnishings, wood floors are beautiful. The granite in the bathrooms is beautiful. I have lots of pics that I'll post when I get home.

The GVs are absolutely, amazingly simply stunning. So spacious, so elegant. The media room with a gorgeous couch that would easily seat 8-10 people. I cannot wait to book one of these for a really special family vacation. My parents 50th next year and I have my eye on one of these for a night or two. Hey are THAT special.

This was a lovely event. Full breakfast complete with champagne cocktails, the lithograph and pins for everyone. $200 gift card giveaway ( I didn't win). Then a tour of a studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms and a grand villa. These rooms are absolutely stunning. Really, really high end. The marble, furnishings, wood floors are beautiful. The granite in the bathrooms is beautiful. I have lots of pics that I'll post when I get home.

The GVs are absolutely, amazingly simply stunning. So spacious, so elegant. The media room with a gorgeous couch that would easily seat 8-10 people. I cannot wait to book one of these for a really special family vacation. My parents 50th next year and I have my eye on one of these for a night or two. Hey are THAT special.

Were you there the whole 1hour or just a portion?
Sounds nice...

So excited to just get an invite for this next week. Tour of the new villas, snacks and drinks. Buy in offers. And the lithograph as a gift plus a drawing for a $200 gift card! Yippee! Can't wait. Check your Inbox if you will be in WDW on Oct 15th and sign up!

I got the invite for the preview presentation on the 15th, too, but unfortunately, it was full by the time I read it. However, when I arrived at my OKW resort and checked in yesterday (the 15th) I asked a castmember if there was any chance I could squeeze in. (I had already called the sales office at DVC and they said no). He called someone and told me I could go over there and see if maybe someone didn't show up, so I did. It turns out that they did have a waiting list even though they had told me on the phone that there would not be one (I was party #9 on the list). I was fortunate enough to get in and really enjoyed it. The presentations are at the 3 times the above poster mentioned and it is at Citricos on the 2nd floor of the GF. There was a harpist playing Disney music when I went in, a nice buffet that even had champagne punch, a special VGF trading pin given to all attendees, a special lithograph (one per family) different from the one you may have gotten from watching the online video about VGF, a blue DVC shopping bag, a DVC folio with a pen and legal pad, and a drawing for a $200. gift card. The presentation was similar to one on Disney cruises and they had special promotional prices (don't ask me what they were). Then we went to see the new VGF and they are just beautiful...especially the grand villa which is huge.
I am mentioning all this to tell you that they are doing this presentation again next Tuesday. At least that's what one of the salespeople told me. So, if you get an invite and it's full, or you're staying on property next Tuesday I would recommend you try and get on a waitlist if you miss the invite and enjoy this event if you can.

I just got the invite today for the event on October 22! I signed up right away for the 11am time slot, and it looked like they were filling up quickly. I'm excited to go!

Were you there the whole 1hour or just a portion?
Sounds nice...

The presentation did go about an hour before we toured the villas. It was while we were eating and drinking, so wasn't bad. They played a few short promo videos. I wasn't in any hurry anyway because I was waiting for the rest of my family to arrive on the Magical Express to the resort (I had driven there). It was really a special experience to be able to see the resort like this.

I just got the invite today for the event on October 22! I signed up right away for the 11am time slot, and it looked like they were filling up quickly. I'm excited to go!

Oh, that's great. You will be blown away. Don't forget your camera!

The presentation did go about an hour before we toured the villas. It was while we were eating and drinking, so wasn't bad. They played a few short promo videos. I wasn't in any hurry anyway because I was waiting for the rest of my family to arrive on the Magical Express to the resort (I had driven there). It was really a special experience to be able to see the resort like this.

Thanks so much!

We arrive next week. Did receive the invite/email. Did not even attempt to attend. They are beautiful for sure!

wish I was there! Feb is too far away!

Can't wait to see the lithograph & hope an enterprising sort will list one on ebay even though that feels like cheating.

What a grand party!

Sort of surprised by the promo pricing--wonder how it is selling and when it will jump, if it does.

Fabulous pictures!!!!

Sort of surprised by the promo pricing--wonder how it is selling and when it will jump, if it does.

I was surprised by it too...Does anyone who was there know what the promo price was?

The pictures are wonderful, thank you! I can't wait to stay there!!!

wish I was there! Feb is too far away!

Can't wait to see the lithograph & hope an enterprising sort will list one on ebay even though that feels like cheating.

What a grand party!

Fabulous pictures!!!!

This is the litho that I received at the event.

There wasn't any promotional pricing on VGF - that was $150/pt. The promos were for AKV and Aulani.

No, not true. There was similar promo pricing for GFV. You had to meet with a guide to get that "scoop". The promo pricing was better on the Dream a few weeks ago.

No, not true. There was similar promo pricing for GFV. You had to meet with a guide to get that "scoop". The promo pricing was better on the Dream a few weeks ago.

A super super secret handshake deal and different from what they presented? Ok - and what exactly was the pricing?

They didn't officially present the GFV deal but it was the same as they presented for AKV. It was around $50-15 off pp point depending on how many pts purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter