• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GFC Meal Question

mhara

Eating poisonous apples since '86
Hi all. We're having a meal at Grand Floridian Cafe after our Buena Vista Palace wedding in October. We're only a small group, 9 confirmed, possibly maximum of 11. What I wondered was, have any of you done similar in GFC, a normal booking for a similar number of people, as your wedding meal, and how did they seat you?

I'm thinking we'll probably end up across two tables, has anyone had any luck in getting one larger table for a regular dinner? We're booked in for 5pm BTW. Thanks!

Hi all. We're having a meal at Grand Floridian Cafe after our Buena Vista Palace wedding in October. We're only a small group, 9 confirmed, possibly maximum of 11. What I wondered was, have any of you done similar in GFC, a normal booking for a similar number of people, as your wedding meal, and how did they seat you?

I'm thinking we'll probably end up across two tables, has anyone had any luck in getting one larger table for a regular dinner? We're booked in for 5pm BTW. Thanks!

I've never gone there for a wedding but they do have some table tops that can be put together so I imagine they will seat you at one long table. I think its best to contact them directly to ask them what they plan to do.

We are also having our wedding meal at GFC in October. I tried many many times to contact GFC direct, GF Reception desk and Disney dining but got nowhere trying to request a group booking.

In the end we made 2 seperate bookings online (i think the most you can book for 1 table is 12 people). As we are staying at GF before the wedding i plan to just ask beforehand whether our tables can be together.

Perhaps you will have more luck than me when you book (maybe it was my British accent they couldnt understand!?!haha) :rotfl2: x

Thanks guys. And good luck Fonz, I'll let you know if I manage to get hold of anyone at GFC.

I think the best option is t e-mail the manager of the restaurant directly. This is what I did when I booked our Citrico's meal for 14. She couldn't have been more helpful!!! Our every want/need was accomodated!!! I don't think I have the address of the manager of the GFC, but somebody on here may be able to help with this.

Thanks guys. And good luck Fonz, I'll let you know if I manage to get hold of anyone at GFC.

Thank you :)

Hi Tinkerbell, i have had a scout round for an email address but so far havent been able to find one. We arrive at GF on 3rd Oct, wedding on 9th Oct so im hoping between this time i will be able to speak to someone who can help x

I have the e-mail address for the manager of Citrico's, and you could e-mail her and ask the address of the manager of the GFC. I used to have the e-mail address of the manager of the GFC, as I contacted them early in our planning about the possibility of a reception meal there, but when we dis-counted it as an option, I must have deleted the address from my contact list. Sorry!! Would you like me to PM you the address of Citrico's manager?

If you are getting marries onsite I would ask the wedding coordinator to locate a contact person for you. I would assume you are booking this through dining so they should be able to help. Otherwise contact GF directly and try having front desk find a contact person for you.

Spoke to DFTW today and give them our reservation number, they are going to try and arrange this for us. See how we get on x

Hi again all

DFTW got back to me today, they said they have spoke to GF Cafe and they cannot guarantee we will be sat together. As they have bookings in before us they dont know what time those customers will be finished in order for us to use the tables.

I thought they would have tried to be a little more accommodating if i am honest but hey ho if they have a busy restaurant i suppose there is little they can do.

Will just have to see what happens on the day i guess, not to worry x

As I think I have mentioned before, this is one of the reasons we decided to go with Citrico's for our reception meal. It was the only one (to whom we made enquiries) who would guarantee that our party would all be seated together. I think the official line for all Disney restaurants is that they will make no such guarantees, and Citrico's was the only one who would do so. I wasn't sorry we went with Citrico's in the end - it was amazing!!!

As I think I have mentioned before, this is one of the reasons we decided to go with Citrico's for our reception meal. It was the only one (to whom we made enquiries) who would guarantee that our party would all be seated together. I think the official line for all Disney restaurants is that they will make no such guarantees, and Citrico's was the only one who would do so. I wasn't sorry we went with Citrico's in the end - it was amazing!!!

Hi Tinkerbell

Yes i remember you mentioning this. I had a look at Citricos menu but i just didnt feel like it was for me, im sure it is lovely food but i couldnt pick anything off the menu.
I really want a laid back chilled day so the Cafe seemed perfect, burger and fries all round :lmao:
I still dont regret my decision im sure it will work out on the day x

Oh sweetie
I really didn't mean to suggest that you had made a wrong decision. I hope you didn't think I meant that. Quite the opposite, I love the food at the GF Cafe and it is a really pretty setting too!!! What I meant was, that Citrico's being the only restaurant of the ones on our list of possible reception venues, to guarantee that our party would all be seated together, was a huge deciding factor for us. I do admit that the food sounds a tad 'fancy' when you read through the menu, and I did have my doubts whether it would suit all of our party, but in the end everybody said it was one of the best meals they had ever had!!!! Praise indeed from my very fussy 11year old son and my veggie friend!!!!
I have no doubt at all that your reception meal at the GF Cafe will be fabulous and they will do all they can to seat you all together.

Oh sweetie
I really didn't mean to suggest that you had made a wrong decision. I hope you didn't think I meant that. Quite the opposite, I love the food at the GF Cafe and it is a really pretty setting too!!! What I meant was, that Citrico's being the only restaurant of the ones on our list of possible reception venues, to guarantee that our party would all be seated together, was a huge deciding factor for us. I do admit that the food sounds a tad 'fancy' when you read through the menu, and I did have my doubts whether it would suit all of our party, but in the end everybody said it was one of the best meals they had ever had!!!! Praise indeed from my very fussy 11year old son and my veggie friend!!!!
I have no doubt at all that your reception meal at the GF Cafe will be fabulous and they will do all they can to seat you all together.

Oh no i didnt take it that way, its just a shame GF Cafe cant make the same guarantee as Citricos with regard to sitting together. Cant believe how quick its coming round now, we will be there in no time!! :-) x

Hi Fonz86
I am having an escape wedding in December and we are using the GFC for our lunch after the cermony. We have a confirmed number of 15 with a possibility of 17. I booked our lunch directly with GFC. I didn't go through DFTW or the website. It took me calling a few times over a couple days but once I got a manager on the phone he ensured me that we would all be together and they would move a couple of the tables so that it would be one long table. He said they had just done a wedding the week before for 18 people and that it wasn't a problem at all. Hope this is some help or at least eases your mind. Happy planning.::yes::

Hi Fonz86
I am having an escape wedding in December and we are using the GFC for our lunch after the cermony. We have a confirmed number of 15 with a possibility of 17. I booked our lunch directly with GFC. I didn't go through DFTW or the website. It took me calling a few times over a couple days but once I got a manager on the phone he ensured me that we would all be together and they would move a couple of the tables so that it would be one long table. He said they had just done a wedding the week before for 18 people and that it wasn't a problem at all. Hope this is some help or at least eases your mind. Happy planning.::yes::

Thank you, im sure we will be fine, if not i will just cry and hope they take pity on me!haha :rotfl:

x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter