GF - view?

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
Does anyone have experience with the different "views" from the rooms at the Grand Floridian that they could share with me? At the moment, the lagoon view sounds really nice, but not sure what the view from the lodge tower is, and am concerned about the construction on the castle making the theme park view useless.

Thanks!

We were upgraded to a lagoon view on our May trip. We have 3 kids so we needed the day bad. The first room we were assigned had a nice view on the top floor. Wehn we were moved to a room (still lagoon view) with a day bed on the second floor the view was bad. We could see the Poly but the trees blocked about 85% of the view. Had I paid for the lagoon view I would have asked for another room, but since it was an upgrade I didn't complain.

We stayed in a lagoon view room and loved it! We would watch the electric water parade each night. I've been going back and forth about which room to book for my next trip in October (I've already switched three times). After my last chat with a somewhat grumpy CM on the phone I switched back to a lagoon view from a lodge tower room. The reason I switched was because we can see the electric water parade from a lagoon view room (plus it has a daybed) whereas the lodge tower rooms only offer a view of the courtyard pool or the marina by Gasparilla's Grill. If you don't care about seeing the electric water parade from your room or having a daybed, the benefits of the lodge tower room are that it is bigger (has an additional sitting area and 2 tvs instead of 1) than their regular garden view, lagoon view and mk view rooms. Now if any of the aforementioned is wrong, please don't flame me....I received all of this info from a CM over the phone not even an hour ago.

Can they guarantee the Lagoon view? I called today to try to get get RPC lagoon view and they said I could request it, but wasn't guaranteed that view - could end up being assigned to garden or courtyard view.

Yes, when you pay for a lagoon view, you get a lagoon view. I think it's a different story with RPC though, but we aren't staying there.

Can they guarantee the Lagoon view? I called today to try to get get RPC lagoon view and they said I could request it, but wasn't guaranteed that view - could end up being assigned to garden or courtyard view.

Now depending on what room type you have also plays a big part in the view as well. We have stayed in RPC many times in a regular room and have always requested Marina/Castle view aka lagoon view. We also understood it was just a request and never guaranteed. But I have to say our request has always been granted. We would keep it simple like Marina/Castle view or I would give them a room number (4404) to be close to. The CM was correct in telling you that you could be assigned to a garden view or courtyard view which are not really bad views either. But for us, it has always been Marina/Castle view (4404). That is dead center the Marina with the Castle straight ahead. You mostly see the Castle and nothing else but at night with the Castle changing colors is :cloud9:

Yes, when you pay for a lagoon view, you get a lagoon view. I think it's a different story with RPC though, but we aren't staying there.

Yes you are correct on both lagoon view and RPC.:flower3: Also, we have stayed in the SL as well and the views there are of the pool/courtyard or the marina.

We stayed in May and paid for a MK view room. We were in the top floor of Boca Chica- we could see the castle, watch the MK fireworks, and had a great view of the electric light parade from our balcony. It was a really nice room with great views. My siggy has a pic of my dh and dd on our balcony. The view of the castle was just to the right of the tree- we could see it fine!

HERE IS A COURTYARD VIEW ROOM
100_0819.jpg

100_0748.jpg

AND HERE IS A LAGOON VIEW OF THE CASTLE
100_0179-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter