GF v Y and B Club

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
I was convinced that I was going to rebook and go back to the GF next year (for the monorail more than anything). BUT!! We haven't as much money this year and don't want to go back to the CR and dislike the Poly, so I'm thing about Y and B club. So, I thought i'd ask you lovely, lovely people you opinion :

GF v YBC???

We prefer the MK area since we spend so much time in the MK, but others prefer EPCOT - so in that case YC/BC makes sense for convenience.

Benefits of GF:
- Better table service dining options
- Boat service to MK
- Better marina (with the faster sea-racers if you enjoy that kind of thing)
- Monorail to MK/EPCOT
- Better concierge levels
- Nicer rooms (all with balcony)
- Nicer lobby
- MUCH better quick service/informal/take-out dining (24 hour, too)
- Better room views (on the whole and IMO)

Benefits of YC/BC:
- Stormalong Bay
- Walking distance to EPCOT
- Boat service to the Studios
- Closer self-parking

We like both resorts, but prefer the GF. Out of Yacht Club and Beach Club, YC is nicer IMO - a slightly more "deluxe" resort theme and a better room decor.

i agree with everything in the above post, including the YC over the BC..

we vastly prefer the GF, however we have stayed at the YC....mainly when we want to be within walking distance of epcot and when we're in the mood to spend some time at stormalong bay...
we've stayed at both BC and YC, but much prefer the YC...

but YC/BC is not my second choice after the GF...
my second favorite resort at WDW, after the GF, is the wilderness lodge..

I've stayed at the GF and YC (club level at the GF and 'normal'/club level at YC).

I prefer the YC :goodvibes

The GF is a beautiful resort, but I found the cast members lacking (both club level and on the front desk - not very good for the 'flag ship' resort), the lobby was 'mobbed' during the main hours of the day with people arriving for the restaurants/to look around, I wasn't overly impressed with the monorail either (during peak times the monorail was often full and didn't stop, so you had to wait for another one), although I did like the little boat to/from the MK. I wan't over impressed with my room view either, but that's another story ;)

Now, onto the YC. Again, it's a lovely resort, I feel it's more 'classy' than the GF in an understated way. Every CM I've encountered at the YC has gone over and beyond.

The rooms are newly refurbished, and like the resort itself, quite understated. The loby is not as busy, and it's nice to take time out and relax. Of course, Stormalong Bay (the pool at the YC) is one of the best, if not the best, on property. I love the location of the YC, there's a fantastic selection of dining opportunities both within the resort, over at the Boardwalk, or at Epcot, all within walking distance. You can stroll into Epcot or HS (or take the boat) any time of the day during opening hours. If you go for a waterview room (and request lagoon view) you will have a beautiful view of Crescent Lake/the Boardwalk, also some of the rooms you can clearly see Illuminations.

The only 'downside' to the YC is there is no decent counterservice restaurant, unlike the GF that has more variety (although it's not as great as the moderate food courts).

What about a split stay? I'm doing a split stay at a MK resort (Wilderness Lodge, first time) and then the YC (one of my favourites) to take in Epcot and HS.

You've got to go with what appeals to you the most, for me, the GF was always somewhere I wanted to stay, I'm glad I did it but it's now crossed off my list and I'm not going to return.

i just re-read your question - i didn't notice the mention of club level...

if you're a bit short of cash, but still want to do club level, the wilderness lodge club level is usually less expensive than both the GF and the YC.

And the WL club lounge has lots of food - you can actually skip dinner after eating what they offer in the club lounge.

But to answer your question more directly, the YC concierge is actually quite nice. The club lounge is small compared to others, but the food offerings are good. Not as good as at the WL or AKL for that matter, but pretty good.

And Stormalong Bay is a great pool - assuming you like pools. We're water people, so are easily swayed by things like that.

Also, being able to walk into Epcot is nice. And take the boat over to DHS.

Go ahead and try the YC. Try something new.

the truth is, we've stayed at every property in WDW (other than saratoga springs and now BLT) and have enjoyed ourselves in each and every one of them (we have our favorites, but we enjoy all of them). I don't really think you can go wrong, no matter what you pick. :goodvibes

Thank you so much everyone!!

We'ev just booked standard room in GF!!!! I wanted YC, but DW and 2 DS's wanted GF, so that's what we've got!! Can't go wrong though, so it's all good!!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much everyone!!

We'ev just booked standard room in GF!!!! I wanted YC, but DW and 2 DS's wanted GF, so that's what we've got!! Can't go wrong though, so it's all good!!:thumbsup2

so you've picked my #1 favorite disney resort!! woo hoo!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Great restaurants, including citricos, my absolute favorite restaurant in all of WDW...
24 hour fast food....
marina, two pools (the beach pool with slide and the big quiet pool in the center of the resort), the spa - and by the way, GF guests are entitled to use the work-out room in the spa, the monorail and the boat to get over to the MK, the monorail to get to epcot, outstanding private dining..
and just overall a really nice resort....
i really love it there...
but of course, one man's junk is another man's treasure....
so just because i love it, doesn't mean someone else will....
but it really is a lovely place to stay!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter