GF Tonga Toast?

brighteyes

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if Kona's Tonga Toast can be made GF?

Has anyone ever had it or made this request?

Thanks in advance.

Last I heard they stopped offering GF Tonga toast. It's a shame as it was a real treat but from what I understand not all chefs could do it and it was time consuming to make for those who could and it was in very high demand. At least that seems to be what I can remember about why it was stopped though there may have been different reasons.

Last I heard they stopped offering GF Tonga toast. It's a shame as it was a real treat but from what I understand not all chefs could do it and it was time consuming to make for those who could and it was in very high demand. At least that seems to be what I can remember about why it was stopped though there may have been different reasons.

:sad::sad2: This makes me very sad....No tonga toast for me :charac2:

Does anyone know if it is possible to request special tonga toast in advance and they will accommodate ?

We want to go to Kona ONLY for Tonga Toast, but have multiple food allergies (not GF; but a list of allergens). It is literally the only thing we would order there.

I would hate to make the trip to Poly, wait, and then find out they can't do it.

SW

My personal approach to ADRs is that if there is only one thing on a menu that somebody in my party will eat and it's not just a simple protein with simple side (ex steak or chicken breast with fries or rice) then I won't book the ADR.

My personal approach to ADRs is that if there is only one thing on a menu that somebody in my party will eat and it's not just a simple protein with simple side (ex steak or chicken breast with fries or rice) then I won't book the ADR.

Ha ha, and that is exactly WHY I book my ADRs.
My DS only eats chicken, and or rice and fries and salad. No pork or beef.
I think he ate more adventurous when he was younger!

I am however craving Tonga Toast but can only have GF now. My son would eat eggs or waffles for breakfast there.

I won't take a chance of the restaurant being out of or unable to make that one item leaving somebody with nothing to eat. I'm also dealing with an autistic teen and 3 separate lists of allergies between us so I'm likely more cautious than some.

We were just there in April and they don't do the GF tonga toast anymore. But I love their GF macadamia nut pancakes so I was ok with that.

Our plan was to have breakfast at our resort then a couple hours later do Tonga Toast at Kona (though Captain Cook's may be an option). For us, the allergies are milk, peanuts, tree nuts, seafood.

When we get closer to our trip I'll write to special diets and see what they say. Worst case, no Tonga Toast.

SW

Does anyone know if it is possible to request special tonga toast in advance and they will accommodate ?

We want to go to Kona ONLY for Tonga Toast, but have multiple food allergies (not GF; but a list of allergens). It is literally the only thing we would order there.

I would hate to make the trip to Poly, wait, and then find out they can't do it.

SW

I would write to Special Diets and explain that you have multiple allergens and have specific questions about whether they can make a certain item allergen free for you at Kona and request to speak to the chef or see if they can forward your question to them for an email response. We have a difficult set of allergens for my kids and speak to all the chefs in advance of our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter