• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF sugar loaf

Peanut

Mouseketeer
Sugar Loaf is a concierge building at the GF right? Also, how many floors does it have? Thanks!

Yes it's the less expensive concierge option... aka 'lodge concierge'. I think it has four floors. The building is very conveniently located, closest to main building, Gasparilla Grill and boats.

Has anyone stayed here? If so, how was your experience? Would you recommend it or not?

I stayed there August of last year for 4 nights and thought it was worth the extra $ (I had a discounted AP rate $340 incl tax, not worth it at rack rate). My room was very nice, though I think identical to non-concierge in size. We had great bathroom toiletries that might be upgraded from normal rooms. It wasn't the normal mickey soap and shampoo. It was my first and only Disney concierge experience, so I can't compare it to other resorts. I've heard Poly and AKL are better, but have no personal experience with either.
I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton in concierge accommodations and feel that it compared favorably.
The staff was helpful when you asked for something, but not particularly chatty otherwise. For example; The boat launch to FW broke down at the dock while I was trying to get to the Hoop Dee Doo and unfortunately I wasn't going to make it in time... a quick call to the concierge desk offered me the choice of a full refund or seats to the later showing, that was nice. On another night I wanted to move up my late PS time at Chef Mickeys and asked the concierge if there was anything they could do, they tried, but couldn't do anything about it.
The food offering was good & enough for a filling continental breakfast, a light lunch and an evening snack, certainly not enough to replace dinner. No liquor. Items were available from early morning into the evening.
If I had a complaint it was only that the concierge staff at the desk seemed uninterested in pampering the guests. When I think concierge, I think of smiling faces greeting guests, waiting and willing to please. This wasn't the case... if you asked- they helped, but otherwise they were part of the scenery.

sofifi97

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter