GF or Contemporary ???

LuvDisney09

Mouseketeer
I currently have a reservation to stay @ GF with free dining in Sept. But with the new room only offers we would save money doing it that way so I am thinking of changing my reservation. But my question is do I do a theme park view @ GF or @ the Comtemporary. Any opinions or suggestions???

Thanks in Advance. :dance3:

I have to laugh as I will be no help, we are at the GF next October and now I'm waffling about going to the Poly!

I have to laugh as I will be no help, we are at the GF next October and now I'm waffling about going to the Poly!

LOL.... That one was on my list too... This is our first time staying at a deluxe resort and I don't want to regret my decision cause who knows when the chance will come around again.

If opinions are what you want, I have my two cents. GF IMO is not worth the extra dough. At CR, you can walk to MK, and your view is better. CR rooms are larger because they were built in the 70's. I was initially impressed with the "storyline" of the GF when it came out, but was highly disappointed when I finally got there, its so bland! It claims to be the flagship of WDW, but IMO, it is more bark than bite.:confused3

I love the GF from the outside but looking at pics I just don't think I am going to love the inside. The CR isn't beautiful outside but I love the inside. The rooms look really nice in pics. I am leaning toward CR just gotta convince the hubby. He thinks DD will love the GF more than CR but I know she will LOVE either one especially with a theme park view.

I would go with the Contemporary because in my opinion they have a much better Theme Park View. Over there you get a full view of the whole Magic Kingdom and at the Grand Floridian I believe it's just a view of Cinderella's Castle. Personally I think that a Theme Park View should be of the whole park and not just one specifc part of it, so at the Contemporary that's what you would be getting.

I would go with the Contemporary because in my opinion they have a much better Theme Park View. Over there you get a full view of the whole Magic Kingdom and at the Grand Floridian I believe it's just a view of Cinderella's Castle. Personally I think that a Theme Park View should be of the whole park and not just one specifc part of it, so at the Contemporary that's what you would be getting.

That's exactly what I wanted to know... I don't want to pay for a theme park view and only see the top of the castle. So I guess CR it will be. Thanks :)

+1. TPV at Poly and GF can often mean a view of a single spire of the castle when the wind blows the palm fronds just so. A TPV at the CR is just that. Full on view of the whole park.

+1. TPV at Poly and GF can often mean a view of a single spire of the castle when the wind blows the palm fronds just so. A TPV at the CR is just that. Full on view of the whole park.
Plus the Theme Park View at the Contemporary is less expensive then the Polynesian or Grand Floridian, so at those resorts you would be paying more for a view of Cinderella's Castle way off in the distance.

Plus the Theme Park View at the Contemporary is less expensive then the Polynesian or Grand Floridian, so at those resorts you would be paying more for a view of Cinderella's Castle way off in the distance.

So excited !! Changed reservation to CR with a tower theme park view and saved over 300 $$. YAY !!!

Definitely Contemporary! We just returned from atrium club level theme park view and loved it! Could see the castle very clearly from our balcony. We did the deluxe dining too because we wanted to do several signature restaurants and dinner shows. The only thing we had extra on the meal plan was the snacks so we went to the Confectionary on the last day and got 28 treats to bring home lol!
:lmao: The rooms are large and they really kept the club well stocked and clean.

definitely Contemporary for the view!! I've stayed at the Grand 2 or 3 times, and the Contemporary 2 or 3 times, and there's NO beating the Contemporary view! enjoy!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments it helps reassure me I made the right choice for our first deluxe resort stay... !!! :) :)

We have stayed at the Contemporary twice (tower with MK view) and were completely spoiled! Our family is too big to stay there now but it will forever be our favorite :goodvibes

It's walking distance from MK with incredible views! We love it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter