GF - is 2 weeks too much?

pluto2010

Earning My Ears
Hello! We have booked the Grand Floridian for 2 weeks (last week of April and 1st week of May) and I am a bit concerned it is too long at one resort. I was considering a split stay with the Contemporary or Beach Club (but have concerns about the transportation to MK/Blizzard Beach with this one). Our last trip was in 2005 and we did the Poly and AKL and I have a 9 year old son.

Any thought would be appreciated as I am very indecisive!

Thanks!

Well, my first thought was, "I don't know, but I'd love to do it and get back to you with an answer." If you want, you can send me there for two weeks and I'll have a report back to you well before you leave as to whether it is too much time in one place. :rotfl2:

I think you'll enjoy it. :thumbsup2 I have grown to prefer staying at one resort, even on the longer trips, it leaves more time to unpack and relax.

I would have to say it's not too much. We're at the GF for 10 days coming up here in a few days. Did 10 days last year too and we could have stayed another week.

I wouldn't want to pack up the family mid-trip and schlep to another room with all the angst about 'is it the right room?'. Besides, for my family, I'd rather we spend that 'moving day' and the drama before hand with packing it all up and hoping we got everything, either in the parks or at the pool.

I know lots of people do split stays. It's just not something my DH would be willing to do. And neither would I.

Enjoy your vacation!

We've gone for 2 weeks and I was bored. Switch to another resort midway.

Split stays are easy and fun, IMHO. I would go for Beach Club instead of the Contemporary as the second resort since it's a whole different area on property.

pwDebbie - lol...if I win the lotto I will remember you:rotfl:

Thx for the responses - had not even thought about the stresser of getting the right room etc. I think we will stay put and use the extra half day for golf!

Leads me to the next question...I would like a decent view...we booked GV, is there a particular building or area we should try and avoid? i cannot bring myself to pay the extra for the MK view when we are there so long.

appreciate the help...the tips on annual passes and codes and all the dining help made our last trip spectacular...I can hardly wait to go back!!!!!!

Unless you would make plans to be at the parks the day you would check-in to your 2nd resort, you could be without a room until 3:00 PM or even later. So that's something else to consider and what transportation would you use when going to your next resort? The only good thing is that WDW will send your luggage to the next location you happen to be staying at.

I would stay with the garden view. GF is so lovely and their grounds are so pretty throughout the resort. I had a garden view in Sago Cay first floor. The lake extended around the back of this building and there were lovely flower beds around the balcony. It turned out to be such a pretty and quiet and peaceful view. I had room service bring breakfast out on the patio/balcony a few times. Happy to hear you are there for 2 weeks..1 week often isn't enough. I just got back and could have used a few extra days to just relax.

Heh, we just returned from a two week trip at ASMo and our family dynamics made it hell on earth. :lmao:

In the beginning everything was great but by the end I wanted to kick the nearest five year old into the bushes.

I never heard so many whiny tourists in my life.

To answer your question, I guess it depends on how well you do with your family 24/7 +7.

I'm so jealous!!! I'd love to do 2 weeks at the GF. Heck, I'd be happy to spend one week there.

Anyhow, I am the type of person that doesn't like to move. If I go on vacation, I want to stay at one place and not have to worry. Plus like a PP said, you could be without a room for quite a long time for the day you switch resorts and then you have to take time to go to the new resort and check in.

I would do a split stay with the Beach Club. Kinda like 2 vacations in one.

Too long. The most I will stay on property is 8 nights the rest off-site.
Off site I do the beaches, outlets, water parks, grocery etc.

Just the Disney food for more than 8 days would be too much.

For 2 weeks I would split the stay, one week MK resort and one week Epcot resort

For 2 weeks I would split the stay, one week MK resort and one week Epcot resort

I agree. Although I don't like split stays it would make perfect sense especially for 2 weeks. Do all your MK and AKL visiting while at the GF and then all of your Epcot and DHS visiting while at an Epcot resort. I think your 9 year old son would love SAB if you stayed at the BC. Plus this will give you time to relax and enjoy the pools at both resorts.

We've done both. We've stayed two weeks at GF, YC and BC and we've done split stays too (split between and MK and EPCOT resort).

DH loves the two week in one resort stay. After doing both, while I'd be more inclined to do a split stay than DH, I too like unpacking once, getting settled in and relaxing.

Disney does make doing a split stay as painless as possible but there is still the packing/unpacking/packing again ordeal.

We're sticking with the two weeks in one spot again next year -2 weeks at BC!

I'm in the same boat...husband wants to stay in 1 place, and I thought the BC would be fun for a change...I guess i am a little worried as last time we went we did 2 weeks (we come from west coast of Canada so stay a while to make it worth the trip) and the first week was at the Poly and while we enjoyed the resort we were VERY disappointed with the rooms. We were so happy when we went to AKL so the split was perfect. My husband doesn't think he can be unhappy at the GF:confused3.

Cheers!

We stayed for 10 days at the Poly once and it was too short in my opinion. You only live once! Try it and if it's too long, you know to shorten it up next time.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter