GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, or the Wave???

Tnkrbelle565

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW in February for a girls weekend. One of the nights, we plan to be at MK and want to go to one of the monorail hotels for dinner. We are on the DDP and only want to use 1 credit for this dinner. If you had to pick between GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, or the Wave...what would you pick? Good, bad, and ugly reviews please!!!

Out of the three I've only been to Kona Cafe....which I would choose!! I think it may be a nicer atmosphere for a girls night out!! Have fun.

:)

Funny, we had an ADR for both GFC and The Wave this past Sat. night. I cancelled GFC and thought we'd try The Wave. AND, was I glad we did that! The Wave is a new "must do" for our trips. Here's a link to my review....I am working on getting photos up soon.

Check it out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2000902

We do like Kona and have eaten there a few times, but NOW I'd definitely choose the Wave over the MANY eating establishments in WDW especially for a "girls night out"!:thumbsup2

GFC all the way, from apps to entrees to desserts it is fantastic. Kona has great wings and bread but I dont really care for the menu and the Wave menu isnt doing it for me....well the dessert menu does but thats it.

I've never tried GFC, but we had dinner at Kona and the Wave in August. Of the two, we preferred food at The Wave. Service was spotty at both (for different reasons). I think Kona has slipped recently.

I've been to the Wave (last week) and was not impressed...I don't think I'd eat there again. I love the Kona and don't see how ya could go wrong with the GFC.

I've had dinner as well as lunch at all three and enjoy all three. But the menus are quite different.

Kona can suffer a bit from the people lining up to get into 'Ohana. Plus the podium has been moved further into the waiting area. When we had breakfast at Kona last month, the line to 'Ohana was in front of Kona. I can imagine it being worse at dinner but not sure as we didn't have dinner at Kona this trip.

Still, to me the menu would be the deciding factor if you plan to dine at just one. Pick the one that appeals to your family the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter