GF bed under television question

oldkeysara

Earning My Ears
We just booked a 2 bedroom at GF!!!! I was wondering about the bed under the tv. Is it ok for.an.adult or more.appropriate for.our 7 or 5 year old? thanks! :goodvibes

Haven't seen the bed at the VGF yet (we have a 1 bdrm booked for January 2014) however, from the pictures I've seen it looks comparable to the pull down bed units at the VGC, which I felt was a standard twin size mattress. Our 11 year old grandson (who was about 5' 3" at that time) was with us at VGC in January, 2013 and had no problems with it....don't know if it would work for someone 6' 1", but, I think anyone of average size should be ok.

I saw the bed a couple of weeks ago and it's bigger than the pictures make it seem.
It's big enough for anyone under 6 feet tall for sure. If it's not the same size as a twin, it's very close.

The MS website calls it a pull down bunk size bed. So I would think that it is smaller than a twin bed.

Here you go-

Looked to me like it would be comfortable for anyone under about 5 feet tall. BTW, I saw the models the other day, and took several pictures.

It looks similar to the one at POR. That one had a mattress about 5-1/2' by 3'. So not quite twin sized, but bigger than crib sized.

It looks similar to the one at POR. That one had a mattress about 5-1/2' by 3'. So not quite twin sized, but bigger than crib sized.

The POR bed seems to be fine for a pre-teen...beyond that there will be some/many teens that would much prefer hanging off the end of a small bed vs sharing a longer bed.
For the OP, its good for 5 and 7 yo.

Anyone know if DVD addressed the lost drawer storage space these beds take away from the studios? When the models first opened this was a concern of many and I thought DVD agreed and said they would address the issue.

Laura

LauraLea said:
Anyone know if DVD addressed the lost drawer storage space these beds take away from the studios? When the models first opened this was a concern of many and I thought DVD agreed and said they would address the issue.

Laura

There are drawers under the bed. Also there is a "door" at the front of the bed that you can open and put a suitcase underneath.

There are drawers under the bed. Also there is a "door" at the front of the bed that you can open and put a suitcase underneath.

Did you mean under the TV? That space is actually a door that swings open to have access to the DVR. There is no space available to unpack a suitcase unless you can hang it up in the closet.

Laura

There are 2 large drawers on one side of the bed (side facing the couch) and there is a real door on the end of the other side of the bed that opens for you to slide your suitcase under.
I don't have pics but the bed has been updated with this feature since the models opened.

:rotfl2:
Tell her to brush her teeth, that's why they put TV's in the bathroom mirror;)

Brilliant! But, A TV in the bathroom means Dad is hiking to the lobby to pee.

Laura

I studied the storage when I toured the GFV model 2 weeks ago. There's a little, but still an issue. 2 Kids? probably OK. 2 Adults? tight. 3 Adults? No way. In most scenarios, there's going to be some living out of suitcases.

UK mum of 4 said:
Would you say 2adults and 3 children would be ok there for just 3 nights?
We're staying 8 night OKW 1 bed and 8 nights AKV 2 bed value but have 3 nights in the middle to cover. We've never stayed on the monorail before so thought VGF would be a goo place to start but only have enough points for a studio?

I would say it will depend on if you have much luggage and stuff with you. All of it will have to be sitting around the room. I can't imagine fitting in if you have a lot of things like a stroller too.

Would you say 2adults and 3 children would be ok there for just 3 nights?
We're staying 8 night OKW 1 bed and 8 nights AKV 2 bed value but have 3 nights in the middle to cover. We've never stayed on the monorail before so thought VGF would be a goo place to start but only have enough points for a studio?

I saw on your other post that you had four kids (one under the age of three). If you try to fit all four kids plus two adults, it will be overwhelming in that studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter