Geyser Point location and logistics

hardlabor

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Wilderness Lodge and have a free morning on our trip next week. We are thinking of cabbing from BCV to WL to explore the lodge and having breakfast at a Geyser Point before we bus to AK for the afternoon. Is it far from the main lodge? Is this a feasable plan? I know that property is huge so just trying to figure out if it would be worth it vs. relaxing at BCV pool.

You will likely get more input if you ask this question on the main Restaurant Forum, rather than here on the Dining Review Forum

We have never been to Wilderness Lodge and have a free morning on our trip next week. We are thinking of cabbing from BCV to WL to explore the lodge and having breakfast at a Geyser Point before we bus to AK for the afternoon. Is it far from the main lodge? Is this a feasable plan? I know that property is huge so just trying to figure out if it would be worth it vs. relaxing at BCV pool.
Actually, the WL resort is not very big at all. GP literally sits just behind the main Lodge past the pool. From the time you walk into the main lobby--prepare to be awed, by the way--until you make it to GP, I'd say the time would be less than two minutes if you head straight to it. Once you're in the lobby, bear left, head down a long hallway that leads to Roaring Fork (currently closed for refurb), and walk out the doorway on the right that leads to the pool. Walk around the pool and you're there. Barring that, once you step into the lobby, head right past the check-in counters and the Mercantile, and walk out the doors that lead to the old DVC Villas. Once outside, take the sidewalk to the left, and you'll be there in less than a minute. Either way, however, you might want to allow an extra 10 minutes or so to take in the lobby. It's majestic, awe-inspiring, and worth exploring for a few minutes before heading to breakfast. Oh, if you take the first route (to the left), you'll walk right by the Territory Lounge where they serve coffee, espressos, lattes, etc. Grab a specialty coffee there before heading to GP. Have fun!

Compared to BC, WL is going to feel tiny! :-)

Your plan requires criss-crossing property, but that's OK. To me, it would be "worth it" to spend a bit of the morning at WL.

If you don't feel like taking a cab, you could always walk from BCV to the front of epcot and take the monorail to MK. You can then take the boat from MK directly to WL and walk right to GP. The walk from where the boat docks to Gp is less than two minutes. Then take the WL bus to AK. I agree that you should give yourself a few extra minutes to check out the WL, the grounds are really beautiful as well as the lobby. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter