Getting your drink on in the most magical place on earth

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I told my husband about it and I almost made a grown man cry of joy! What about mimosas? Any chance they are available with any breakfasts anywhere? (I mostly mean parks, because we don't venture to many resorts - we like to stay in the parks)

Thanks!

The bakery in France sells orange juice and champagne, so you can make your own mimosas while enjoying a pastry. :)

I just want to second the comments made way earlier in the thread about the sangria at Mama Melrose's.... I could drink a whole pitcher of that by myself, it's so tasty! :goodvibes

One question: does anyone know of anywhere with good whiskey or bourbon drinks? My boyfriend isn't much of a drinker but he loves his whiskey and bourbon cocktails, so I'd love to go somewhere where he will enjoy the drinks also!

I just want to second the comments made way earlier in the thread about the sangria at Mama Melrose's.... I could drink a whole pitcher of that by myself, it's so tasty! :goodvibes

One question: does anyone know of anywhere with good whiskey or bourbon drinks? My boyfriend isn't much of a drinker but he loves his whiskey and bourbon cocktails, so I'd love to go somewhere where he will enjoy the drinks also!

The Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS used to have some really good bourbon drinks. I would think they would have them in the new lounge.

Hi! We will be staying at Swan/Dolphin and I really enjoy a glass of wine with my meal. I know you pay heavily for a glass of wine at a restaurant normally so I was expecting it to be high, but $15 per glass!!?? I haven't had a chance to search the 24 pages of this thread yet, but hoping to find out if there might be a list of restaurants where it is a better deal than others, and if there are any that allow you to BYOB.

Hi! We will be staying at Swan/Dolphin and I really enjoy a glass of wine with my meal. I know you pay heavily for a glass of wine at a restaurant normally so I was expecting it to be high, but $15 per glass!!?? I haven't had a chance to search the 24 pages of this thread yet, but hoping to find out if there might be a list of restaurants where it is a better deal than others, and if there are any that allow you to BYOB.

Don't go to Kimono's is all I can say!! We ordered 4 glasses of wine and it was over $100!

I just want to second the comments made way earlier in the thread about the sangria at Mama Melrose's.... I could drink a whole pitcher of that by myself, it's so tasty! :goodvibes One question: does anyone know of anywhere with good whiskey or bourbon drinks? My boyfriend isn't much of a drinker but he loves his whiskey and bourbon cocktails, so I'd love to go somewhere where he will enjoy the drinks also!

Bluezoo in the Dolphin has bourbon cocktails.

I've done it every which way:
  • Rent car : Buy wine/spirits from Food Lion and/or the spirits shop in front of it
  • No Car: Buy wine/spirits from the resort shops on site
  • Suck it up and just pay at the resort lounges

DH and I went down in 2011 for a business trip of mine and, of course, I didn't book myself into a Disney hotel but we did stay at the Hyatt Grand Cypress and did what we called "Cocktails around the World" one evening..which was dinner at Puck in DTD and then boats and monorail around the Deluxe resorts for wine at each (um..yes...it was a lot of wine - LOL). The wine was expensive but we selected fairly good wines - not the best - but not the cheapest. I think we averaged $18 per glass. But the lounges are beautiful and a nice break for the kiddie scene.

I always have coctails in the room as we like to have a little wine and cheese or pate in the evenings. You will have no problem if you decide to shop at Food Lion or the little wine/spirit shop in front of it (near Crossroads).

Sounds like you are staying on site but just be aware that the Waldorf in Bonnet Creek is particularly generous with the drink vouchers and we had 2 free cocktails per day as Honors members - a couple of days we had more.

If you won't have a car, I would definitely order delivery. You really dont want to be at the mercy of the resort for the length of your trip. Even for those who can easily afford it, it's a waste and money that can go toward other things.

Cheers!

Another fan of Bluezoo here. My wife adores the Burnt Orange, a fiery taste we've never seen elsewhere.

Yowzas! no i haven't used this before. I've just read online that the best way to get from resort to resort is via DTD. The only resorts we are going to are Ft Wilderness for Hoop dee Do Revue, and the Poly. I'm totally open to suggestions, is there a better way?
resort to mk then boats to ft wilderness and either boat or monorail to poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter