Getting your drink on in the most magical place on earth

I have another drink I'm excited to try!! :rotfl:

For our dinner at California Grill:

Cucumber Fizz
Chopin Vodka, Limoncello, and Cucumber Water with a splash of Sprite

Um, yum.:upsidedow

Does anyone know of anyplace Epcot (or anywhere else within WDW for that matter) that serves a sugarless Margarita? I mean I know I'm on vacation and can certainly indulge, but I can drink them down like water! :rotfl: Just trying to save a few calories.

Does anyone know of anyplace Epcot (or anywhere else within WDW for that matter) that serves a sugarless Margarita? I mean I know I'm on vacation and can certainly indulge, but I can drink them down like water! :rotfl: Just trying to save a few calories.

You mean sorta like a nor cal margarita? Basically soda, tequila, and lime juice? I would think anyone with two brain cells to rub together and access to the ingredients at the bar should be able to make them. :p at least I hope! That's my drink of choice!

Or do you mean a diet version with fake sugar? No clue, but an interesting question!

Go to the Poly's outside bar and have Tim make you a rum runner! Assuming he's still there...haven't been there in a year or so. I've been all over the Carrib and HI and this is the best I have ever had!!

You mean sorta like a nor cal margarita? Basically soda, tequila, and lime juice? I would think anyone with two brain cells to rub together and access to the ingredients at the bar should be able to make them. :p at least I hope! That's my drink of choice!

Or do you mean a diet version with fake sugar? No clue, but an interesting question!

Well for example....I get Baja Bob's sugarless Margarita mix. It's kind of like a Crystal Light packet to which you add tequila and ice. So yes...fake sugar. I know. It's a sad substitute, but not bad and saves the calories. (I'm trying the low carb thing.) But you gave me a nice idea. I know if I go to the margarita bar at DTD, they would definitely make one up for me. (Can you say tip?) Not sure if they could do a frozen slushy version which I would prefer. Hey...maybe I'm on to something. A new kiosk in World Showcase with sugar free drinks. :thumbsup2

I'm not knocking fake sugar, the stuff is delish. :p

But I do love my NorCal margaritas.

They serve a skinny girl coconut mojito thats on the bar menus, thats the only "skinny" drink they make. Mint leaves, odwalla 100% lime juice, agave nectar, skinnygirl coconut vodka, and coconut water. Not a margarita, but they taste great!

I'm not knocking fake sugar, the stuff is delish. :p

But I do love my NorCal margaritas.

I just googled the recipe for a NorCal margarita and it does look good. Although limes are not low carb friendly...but vacation! Indulge! I'll get the ingredients upon my arrival at BWV next week! Thanks!

While all of these suggestions sound mighty tasty, and no doubt I will happily indulge in a few of them, my Disney Reward Dollars will go only so far! We plan on spending some afternoons in the condo and would like to have some cocktails. We arrive on a Sunday and hope to do all of grocery and drink shopping before checking in. Can one purchase hard liquor on Sundays in Florida near WDW? Is the closest liquor store the one next to Publix on 192? Thanks!

As previously mentioned by others... we also always have rumrunners of vodka with us. They are like plastic flasks. We bought them years ago when we used to like going on cruises but now have found them to be quite handy at Disney. We are sensitive to a lot of mixers because we don't eat sugar or artificial sweeteners or anything. So it's a good option for us to be able to easily make our own drinks everywhere. We carry the vodka easily in our pocket and bring our organic unsweetened sodas in our bag. You can get free large cups of ice everywhere. I know that maybe sounds bad but we are really picky about ingredients so have trouble eating and drinking out in the Disney parks. At the resorts we tend to have better options for drinks and we really enjoy the outdoor resort bars so in those cases we might just add a little alcohol from our pocket flask (if needed).

I don't drink hard liquor,but I am a beer snob.I love craft beer and worry there won't be any on property.last time we were there I could not find any.
do they have craft beer there?(sam adams is about as commercial as I like and will drink it if nothing else is around)

I don't drink hard liquor,but I am a beer snob.I love craft beer and worry there won't be any on property.last time we were there I could not find any. do they have craft beer there?(sam adams is about as commercial as I like and will drink it if nothing else is around)

Check out the "Beers in WDW" app...great for beers and locations

We arrive on a Sunday and hope to do all of grocery and drink shopping before checking in.

Can one purchase hard liquor on Sundays in Florida near WDW? Is the closest liquor store the one next to Publix on 192? Thanks!

Yes, you can.

Last November, we drove in on Sunday and had dinner at some steakhouse outside of WDW. I can't remember the name of the place, but there was a liquor store between it and a CVS, or something.

It may not be the closest to WDW, but If I find its location I will reply again.

It worked for me. :thumbsup2

I don't drink hard liquor,but I am a beer snob.I love craft beer and worry there won't be any on property.last time we were there I could not find any.
do they have craft beer there?(sam adams is about as commercial as I like and will drink it if nothing else is around)

Here now staying at Yacht Club and also a beer snob. Crews Cup Lounge at Yacht Club has a Sam Adams IPA on draft that I didn't particularly care for as well as Dale's Pale Ale and Racer 5 IPA, both of which are very good. The Liberty Inn restaurant in Epcot has a Sweetwater IPA that I really like. Nothing that I care for at MK (with only BOG serving beer) or Animal Kingdom so far.

Hey Guys,

This might have been asked before but do the hotel bars have a happy hour? I think I might have been spoiled on the disney cruise where they had buy-1-get-1, but is there any kind of happy hour discount or drink of the day situation?

Thanks

Meg

Not really. House of Blues and some of the Downtown Disney establishments do though.. HOB's actually has a great happy hour.

We had grapefruit and vodka at the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW in December and it was a HEAVY pour!

The Gurgling Suitecase is a great bar, I think best on property for hanging at the pool, or sitting in the bar (there's a couple of stools). The bartenders there will also offer a "double" for another dollar or two. Worth it.

The biggest thing is to know where to buy from! IMO

There is a Hess gass station across from DTD, and there you can get a case of beer,a bottle of wine or the such at a much better price than at a resort.
Hard liquor is also sold at the resort gift shops, and can be reasonably priced, depending on what you're used it (alcohol appears to be much pricier up here in Canada haha!)

If you're looking for specialty drinks in the parks, you will be paying around $10 per drink, but there are a lot of fun and delicious ones you might not have tried before, check out some of the drink menus and pick a few you'd like to try, or split with a friend.

My favourites include:

-Grand Marnier Slush, France kiosk in Epcot
-Dad's Electric Lemonade: Tune In Lounge (50s PT) at DHS
-Sarafi Amber(?) beer found at various DAK locations
-Welsh Dragon, rose & crown, uk, Epcot
-Any variety of the margariats in Mexico, in Epcot (blended, the fiesta or avacado is my fave, on the rocks, I really enjoy the cucumber one!)

Also HOB on the club side has free drinks for ladies between I BELIEVE 10 & midnight on Sunday nights. It's packed, and full of a lot of the younger cast members, but is a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter