Getting your drink on in the most magical place on earth

We take a case of beer with us, but this last trip it didn't get opened. We spend most our nights at the pool bar. At Epcot, DH drinks the beer from that country and I usually get one fruity drink then switch to beer. This year I tried the Welsh Dragon, the German beer flight, and I think something from Norway. Didn't get a Magical Star this year but I love those. You can order that without the light up ice cube and it's a bit cheaper.

It's $5 from Beach Club to DHS for instance (when trying to rush between Fantasmic and Illuminations LOL). $20-25 from MK to Pop or Art of Animation, otherwise, somewhere in between. I've never paid more than $20+tip traveling from opposite ends of the resort. POR is pretty central and shouldn't cost that much unless you're maybe going to AKL.

Wholeheartedly endorse the taxi recommendation. That's what we did last trip when going to MK or AK from the Yacht Club. We've stayed at Port Orleans in the past and it can take a while using the buses to get to the parks, much less another resort. Going from Port Orleans to Poly could take anywhere from 30 minutes minimum to well over an hour - best case is 15 minutes to MK after you board the bus (and you have to walk to bus stop and wait for a bus), then you have to walk over to the monorail/boat and wait for one, then a 5-10 minute ride to Poly, etc. A taxi from Port Orleans to Poly will take about 10-15 minutes and cost no more than $20.

I'd say exactly the opposite. I have never had a heavy pour, only light ones.

I think I have managed to figure something out. Sealed bottles are basically the same price in Disney as everywhere else in Florida. I believe it may be one of those states that have somewhat fixed pricing on liquor and wine. There is a gift shop near the Boardwalk that has decent wine for like $15 a bottle. I grab one every day and kill it during the mid afternoon resting period between parks. I've also brought bottles and beer along in the bag along with snacks as one posted mentioned.

I like to call it "laying the base" and then I hit the good drinks like the Red Stag lemonade to end the night in a good way.

Oh no, they are marked way up. I don't know about wine but a 375mL bottle of Smirnoff was $12.95 at that same store.

We bought booze at our grocery stop on the way in. Every night we'd make a big drink and also fill a large bottle with our favorite libation. We'd sit by the lake on the boardwalk and enjoy the festivities and the fireworks from Magic Kingdom. When we needed more ice the people in the hot dog stand would fill our cups.

We walked in to EPCOT for Illuminations with our drinks as well.

The prices have to be controlled somehow. How a pint is $12.95 in the resort when I was getting 750ml's of wine for like $13.99? If you compare prices and they were proportional to off site that bottle of wine should have been $30.

Also...doesn't it seem really weird that 750's of imported vodka in Norway are the same price offsite? Name me one other product that is the same price on site as off site.

I'd be willing to bet 750ml and larger size bottles are price controlled. Beer and smaller sizes are not.

Just to elaborate on the avocado margarita, if I may...they put a half an avocado in that thing! It is truly a meal--the most delicious drink I've ever had.

Also, if you happen to swing over to OKW, go to the Gurgling Suitcase bar and get yourself a Turtle Krawl. Four different rums + fruit = feelin' fine. :cool1:

We pre-ordered beer, as well...delivery was super simple. This year, I think I'll get some wine in Italy and France and have them deliver it to the resort...

Drinking at the parks and resorts is DH and my FAVORITE thing to do on vacation! No kids yet so we can do this easier than others. We are using our next trip as a possible 'last hurrah' of being able to be as carefree drinking around Disney as we want (definitely not sloppy though...hopefully). My favorite picks are the Grand Marnier Grey Goose Orange Slush from France in EPCOT and the Lapu Lapu at Poly!!! The first Lapu Lapu is definitely a bit pricey but the 2nd they price the same as a Mai Tai...I know...I know...who get 2?! The best bloody mary I have had on property was surprisingly at the pool bar at POFQ...yum!

Drinking at the parks and resorts is DH and my FAVORITE thing to do on vacation!

And here I was thinking I might be the only one who enjoyed a martini or two at Chef Mickeys. After a martini or two at the Outer Rim, of course :)

This past trip we also noticed the bottles in the gift shops of CSR and AKL. Didn't think ~$20 for a bottle of Crown was unreasonable at all.

Over the course of 17 days we would enjoy a drink or two at a resort lounge each evening and had one of those bottles of Crown back at the room for a nightcap or a relaxing sit around the quiet pool.

I second many things on this list: taxi, Garden Grocer delivery, Cava tequila bar.

I'll add my flask. Small one. Barcardi or Barcadi Limon. Buy a giant coke/diet coke. Pour in flask. Done. We mostly do this for ballgames because I'm way to cheap to pay stadium prices or leave my seat once the game is on. I suspect this would be a good solution at the world too. I tuck in the back of my pants and tie a shirt around my waist.

Also, TIW is you are eligible. 20% of the booze in restaurants and many resort bars.

The prices have to be controlled somehow. How a pint is $12.95 in the resort when I was getting 750ml's of wine for like $13.99? If you compare prices and they were proportional to off site that bottle of wine should have been $30.

Also...doesn't it seem really weird that 750's of imported vodka in Norway are the same price offsite? Name me one other product that is the same price on site as off site.

I'd be willing to bet 750ml and larger size bottles are price controlled. Beer and smaller sizes are not.

They aren't controlled in Florida. We used to own a liquor store. The prices are whatever Disney (or Norway) feels like selling it for.

If you've ever been to Vegas or New York, the drink prices at WDW are actually cheaper.

Also, the bartenders tend to have a heavy pour.

I don't know where you are drinking at in vegas, but mine are always free. I just tip the drink girl a buck and get some super varieties on beer!

375mL is less than 13 ounces, but anyway. I did see the bottles in Norway and they were pretty expensive for the volume. Never saw them off site though. Never saw any "large" bottles on site, but a 1.75L bottle of Burnett's vodka was less than $20 at a nearby store.

love this thread- drinking at wdw is one of my favorite hobbies :) big fan of La Cava and I'm not even a marg fan usually!

Its hilarious to see people on opposite "sides" of the FP+ issue in this thread. People who have vehemently argued against each other.

I say, lets all meet up in the world and have a drink !?!?!?

We enjoy our vodka, and I agree on the Norway bottle price. So much better then the small ones at the resort!

We are staying at AoA, does anyone know if you can get alcohol (Cocktails etc) at the pool bars, It would be nice, after a hard days trekking around the parks. to chill out with a cocktail.:drinking1
Mick

We are staying at AoA, does anyone know if you can get alcohol (Cocktails etc) at the pool bars, It would be nice, after a hard days trekking around the parks. to chill out with a cocktail.:drinking1 Mick

Yes at the Big Blue pool there is a bar.

We drive down from Kentucky and I usually bring a two cases of beer and a few bottles of wine.
When we come back to the resort early afternoon for my daughter to rest I usually drink a couple in the room and then I go to pool bar alone to unwind.

My wife would rather me have a few at the room so I won't have too many in the parks because of costs.

Its hilarious to see people on opposite "sides" of the FP+ issue in this thread. People who have vehemently argued against each other.

I say, lets all meet up in the world and have a drink !?!?!?

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter