Getting your drink on in the most magical place on earth

I'd say exactly the opposite. I have never had a heavy pour, only light ones.

I think I have managed to figure something out. Sealed bottles are basically the same price in Disney as everywhere else in Florida. I believe it may be one of those states that have somewhat fixed pricing on liquor and wine. There is a gift shop near the Boardwalk that has decent wine for like $15 a bottle. I grab one every day and kill it during the mid afternoon resting period between parks. I've also brought bottles and beer along in the bag along with snacks as one posted mentioned.

I like to call it "laying the base" and then I hit the good drinks like the Red Stag lemonade to end the night in a good way.

Great Thread. However, someone noted "heavy pour"....hmmmmm. I've yet to see a heavy pour. Care to share where that was?:scratchin

I've been treated very generously, consistently, at the Tambu lounge over the years.

So I'm no alcoholic...but I can't imagine I won't want a drink or three after returning from the most "magical" place on earth after I get back to my resort. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that drink prices are on the "holy ****" level.

So all of you experienced boozers out there, what's the best strategy? Do I smuggle it in my luggage? Suck it up and buy the $15 Mai tai at the resort?

What's the best way to get your drink on?

Disclaimer: obviously not sloppy, cover your kids eyes drunk...just feeling a little more "magical".

I always bring my own but also have something from there especially when I'm eating.

Well that's convenient....we're staying at POR and will be hopping on the boat to DTD to catch buses to the other resorts for some ADRs. May have to make a pit stop before boarding!

What's the policy for walking around with drinks? Obviously not in MK, but what about HS or EP? I'm guessing the resorts are ok with it.

Have you done this before? If you havent, just wanted to warn you this is a VERY long process, depending on what resort you are dining at. The DTD bus will make a stop at Typhoon Lagoon before going to the resort. A few years ago it took us an hour and a half to get to BOMA at AKL. Over 4 hours for dinner!

Have you done this before? If you havent, just wanted to warn you this is a VERY long process, depending on what resort you are dining at. The DTD bus will make a stop at Typhoon Lagoon before going to the resort. A few years ago it took us an hour and a half to get to BOMA at AKL. Over 4 hours for dinner!

Yowzas! no i haven't used this before. I've just read online that the best way to get from resort to resort is via DTD. The only resorts we are going to are Ft Wilderness for Hoop dee Do Revue, and the Poly. I'm totally open to suggestions, is there a better way?

So I'm no alcoholic...but I can't imagine I won't want a drink or three after returning from the most "magical" place on earth after I get back to my resort. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that drink prices are on the "holy ****" level. So all of you experienced boozers out there, what's the best strategy? Do I smuggle it in my luggage? Suck it up and buy the $15 Mai tai at the resort? What's the best way to get your drink on? Disclaimer: obviously not sloppy, cover your kids eyes drunk...just feeling a little more "magical".

We have been here for the last 11 days (leave tomorrow) and definitely planned on enjoying adult beverages while here. Not to perpetuate the stereotype any further, but we're from Wisconsin and have some experience here....

We brought some gallon ziplock bags of mini or personal sized spirits with us in checked luggage. They're usually a buck a piece or less at home. We ordered mixers and beer from garden grocer and their prices were very fair and extremely convenient. I just told the lady my DOB on the phone when she called to verify my order and that was that.

We have enjoyed a lot of lounges and had some fantastically heavy handed drinks at Tambu Lounge, The Belle Vue Lounge and also at La Cava. I'm sure it all depends on who is tending bar though. Just personal preference but I have always found that anything pre-mixed and frozen (slushies in France,Margaritas from the outdoor stand, etc. tend to be seriously lacking alcohol.

Yowzas! no i haven't used this before. I've just read online that the best way to get from resort to resort is via DTD. The only resorts we are going to are Ft Wilderness for Hoop dee Do Revue, and the Poly. I'm totally open to suggestions, is there a better way?

For Ft. Wilderness, I would bus to MK and then take the boat. For the Poly, I would again bus to MK and then monorail (assuming your trip is after March, since the resort monorail is now down from 11 AM-7 PM). The boat to DTD is a nice relaxing ride but does take a while. The bus system at DTD is undoubtedly the worst on property and can take a VERY long time.

Take the bus to:

MK then a boat or bus to Ft. Wilderness

MK then the Monorail to Poly

Thanks! I will take your advice :thumbsup2

In staying true to the thread theme....looks like the dinner shows have an all you can drink policy :cool1:

Anyone know how the Sangria is?

Two suggestions if you buy a cocktail onsite:

Epcot, American Experience, Fife & Drum: Red Stag Lemonade w/Jim Beam(OMG)

Any resort with a lounge: The Antioxidant Cocktail....it doesn't sound good but take it from me...it IS good!:thumbsup2

I second the Antioxidant Cocktail. Had it last week and its fabulous.

Also, love the Tequila place inside Mexico, margaritas on the rocks and you pick your tequila, great combinations available. Didn't get there last week but its on the must do list for April.

I also highly recommend La Cava!! It's always one of our first stops at the World! The avocado marg is :lovestruc

Taxi. Take a taxi and you won't waste your vacation dollars on time lost due to convoluted transportation routes. I swear by taxis at WDW if I don't have a car. Sometimes even when I do.

Taxi. Take a taxi and you won't waste your vacation dollars on time lost due to convoluted transportation routes. I swear by taxis at WDW if I don't have a car. Sometimes even when I do.

We have a family of 5, do they have larger taxis? How much should I plan for it to cost?

Some of my favorite places to get drinks are at the Dawa bar in Animal Kingdom - I love their specialty cocktails, and watching the Jammin' Jungle from there with a drink is really the best way to see it. LOL.

I also like: the lounge at Port Orleans Riverside watching Yeehaa Bob, the pool bar at Pop Century, the bar outside Sci-Fi (that lady definitely pours it heavy), the lounge in Jambo House at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the bar at the Poly (Lapu Lapu!). Oh and I really love that 'Magical Star Cocktail' that they make about everywhere, but it's especially nice to sip it sitting at a table on the Boardwalk watching the jugglers from a distance and sometimes catching a glimpse of Wishes over the Yacht/Beach club.

Oh... and the dessert wine flight in Germany is especially delicious.... geesh... I didn't realize how much I drank when I was at WDW....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

There are taxi vans. The cost should be close to $20.

It's $5 from Beach Club to DHS for instance (when trying to rush between Fantasmic and Illuminations LOL). $20-25 from MK to Pop or Art of Animation, otherwise, somewhere in between. I've never paid more than $20+tip traveling from opposite ends of the resort. POR is pretty central and shouldn't cost that much unless you're maybe going to AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter