Getting worried that Disney is going to excercises Rofr on my BWV purchase.

That is great information, thanks for doing the work and sharing. I would love to have a product that I can sell to the consumer, take it back a few years later and sell it again. What a great business model. Anybody in the market for some ABC gum?

My son's school bookstore does the exact same thing.

Stephen

Wow! Another good reason why financing a luxury purchase is very seldom (if ever) a good idea!

We were in the market for BLT resale, and the 2 that we were interested in (because of UY) were owned by owners who could not take less than "X" because of their financing. One owner, did go down 1 more dollar, so whether to us or to Disney, that contract is sold!
If I were in trouble financially, I think I would rather lose just a little bit more than dig in my heels and wait for the full price.

We were in the market for BLT resale, and the 2 that we were interested in (because of UY) were owned by owners who could not take less than "X" because of their financing. One owner, did go down 1 more dollar, so whether to us or to Disney, that contract is sold!
If I were in trouble financially, I think I would rather lose just a little bit more than dig in my heels and wait for the full price.

It also comes down to spending more money on something you will not be able to keep (foreclosure/deed in leau) vs selling and throwing more good money after bad. From what I've read on the boards, Disney doesn't do a lot of checking on your credit report prior to the sale and also doesn't report the payment/non-payment of the loan on DVC. If there isn't any downside (credit reporting wise) to having Disney talking it back, then why sell and bring monty to the table.

I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm incorrect on this. :rotfl2:

John

Well I guess I had a reason to worry Disney excercised its rofr on my bwv contract. 150 pts march use year loaded contract. I guess i started one month early. With all the ROFR and the possibility of changes coming on March 20 i may never buy. Disney is screwing this up. They are going to price the middle class right out of Disney.

Well I guess I had a reason to worry Disney excercised its rofr on my bwv contract. 150 pts march use year loaded contract. I guess i started one month early. With all the ROFR and the possibility of changes coming on March 20 i may never buy. Disney is screwing this up. They are going to price the middle class right out of Disney.

IMO even though dvc is raising there price for direct sales there is always going to be a resale market that will fluctuate from time to time (like the frenzy right now and back in 2011 right before they changed rules for resale)

I do not believe resale will command anywhere near a price increase as direct and for that matter I do not see them going up that much at all once the demand decreases and after the dust settles!

I cannot believe people are lining up in waiting list to buy direct for 115.00PP because dvc has made them believe its a "DEAL". I do get the direct low point buys of 25 - 50 points other then that its crazy!

Good luck going forward hope you get what you want!

I'm sorry you missed out on that one. Good luck next time!

I'd re-offer on something after 3/20 - if re-sale becomes venue specific there's a real possibility re-sale will hit all time lows :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter