• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

getting two trips on one photopass cd, help!

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a trip to WDW from 1/2-1/7 and I pre-ordered the photopass CD before I left for $99. We are going back with my mom and sister from 2/17-2/22. I have 30 days to activate my photopass card, correct? And then another 30 days to view the pictures? So if I wait until 1/23 or later to view the photos from my January trip, they will still be active when we return from our February trip correct? So then I could add the 2nd card and have both on one cd? Any reason why this wouldn't work?

I am not expert, but your logic seems correct to me. I would think it would work.

Kim

I could be wrong but I thought your pictures only stay for 30 days and then start to disappear. I would call and double check about that.

OK - So curiousity got the better of me. I found this in the Terms & Conditions section of the Photopass site

Storage Policy and Photo Availability

Photos taken by Disney's PhotoPass Photographers and linked to a Disney's PhotoPass I.D. number will be available online by the morning after the photos were taken. Guests must claim photos within 30 days from when the photos were taken. Photos not claimed within 30 days from which they were taken will no longer be available. Once photos are claimed and associated to a DisneyPhotoPass.com account, they will be available for viewing, sharing and purchasing for 30 days from the date they were claimed, after which the photos will no longer be available. Disney reserves the right to refuse to post or upload or remove any photos which contain content that might be deemed to be offensive.

I still think the OP is correct by reading this.

Kim

I could be wrong but I thought your pictures only stay for 30 days and then start to disappear. I would call and double check about that.

That's what I thought too...its why all the shares that occurred here in the past had to have everyone's trip dates fall within a 30 day period.

If you view them on 1/23 though, won't they expire the day you get back from your 2nd trip? I would wait until early Feb to view then, then you'd need to edit your other ones pretty quickly after you get back.

You can do it. I just did when I shared my photopass w/ my mom. I went Sept 19-26, she went Oct 22. I waited til 30 days after I took my 1st photopass pic. Then I had 30 days until they expired after that. I think I loaded mine Oct 17 or 18...mom then had only 2 weeks to edit & finish up hers when she got back, but it worked out.

So as long as you load yours within 30 days after your first pic, you'll be fine. You may want to wait til the 30th or so before you load, otherwise, PP is right, your 1st trip photos will expire before you return from your 2nd trip.

I have done exactly what you want to do on several occasions.

I agree with the above. Wait until Jan 30 or 31 to claim your first set of pictures, make sure they are edited. Then you have at least a week after your trip to claim your second set of photos and edit them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter