Getting to Wide World of Sports Complex

hmgolden

<font color=deeppink>Disney Bride June 25, 20
We are staying at AKL this March and have tickets to a Braves spring training game while we are there. We hadn't been planning on renting a car, but I am wondering the best way to get to the game. If we take a taxi there are they easy to get at the stadium after the game? Or are we better off renting a car for the day?

We are staying at AKL this March and have tickets to a Braves spring training game while we are there. We hadn't been planning on renting a car, but I am wondering the best way to get to the game. If we take a taxi there are they easy to get at the stadium after the game? Or are we better off renting a car for the day?

I would take a taxi; to get to the Sports Complex, you have to take a bus to DHS and then transfer to the Sports Complex bus. I did it last year and it was a lot of waiting for buses.

Taxis are always right outside the resorts, or they can call one and they just miraculously arrive in minutes.

I would take a taxi; to get to the Sports Complex, you have to take a bus to DHS and then transfer to the Sports Complex bus. I did it last year and it was a lot of waiting for buses.

Taxis are always right outside the resorts, or they can call one and they just miraculously arrive in minutes.

My DH and I have gone to a lot of spring training games at the Wide World of Sports and have gotten the bus at DHS except for last year when we had to go to I think it was Caribbean Beach. But you said you didn't have to do that. We are going again in March but we are renting a car and will probably drive there if we can't get a bus at DHS. Do you know if we will be able to do that. It was so easy that way and we are at Boardwalk so we can walk.

My DH and I have gone to a lot of spring training games at the Wide World of Sports and have gotten the bus at DHS except for last year when we had to go to I think it was Caribbean Beach. But you said you didn't have to do that. We are going again in March but we are renting a car and will probably drive there if we can't get a bus at DHS. Do you know if we will be able to do that. It was so easy that way and we are at Boardwalk so we can walk.

I guess I am completely confused by your posting.

From what I am understanding, no matter what resort you stay at, you have to transfer at DHS. I don't know of any resort bus that goes direct.

You say you are renting a car and asking if you can park at the Complex? Yes, there is plenty of parking at the Complex.

You also said you are staying at the Boardwalk and wanted to walk - to DHS or the Complex. I know you cannot walk to the Complex; it is isolated by itself. I know you can walk to the BW from Epcot, but I don't think you can walk to DHS from BW.

But I could be totally off-base as to what you are asking....:confused3

You certainly can walk from the Boardwalk to the DHS. It's about 12 minutes or so and a nice walk if the weather is good. You also have the option to take the Friendship boat to the DHS from any of the Epcot resorts or from the Epcot International Gateway.

A few years ago, a CM at Boardwalk Villas told my husband to take a bus to Downtown Disney, then transfer there to WWoS.

Wrong.

By the time he got back to the boardwalk, the game was half over. He didn't go.

The bus departs from Hollywood Studios, and the stop is away from the rest of the stops, it's closer to the walkway to Epcot.

I don't believe the buses run from DHS to WWOS anymore.

Here's is what the WWOS website says regarding transportation:

TRANSPORTATION
All guests are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex and other event competition venues unless special transportation has been arranged specifically for your event.
Bus transportation to ESPN Wide World of Sports® is available from Disney's All-Star Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort on a limited schedule:
Thursday - Monday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
These buses will also run when events are taking place at the Sports Complex based on the following schedule:
One (1) hour prior to Sports Complex opening until 11:00 p.m. or Sports Complex close,
whichever is later
During the scheduled operating hours, buses from Disney's All-Star Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort to ESPN Wide World of Sports® will arrive at the Sports Complex on the hour and ½ hour.
Due to capacities and schedules, these buses may not be able to accommodate teams and equipment. To ensure your team's on-time arrival for competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports®, please use event transportation if it is included with your event, or make arrangements for your own transportation to the Sports Complex.

If I were you I would take a cab and save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. Fare should be approx $12 plus tip and take approx 10 minutes, it's only a little over 4 miles.

I don't believe the buses run from DHS to WWOS anymore.

Here's is what the WWOS website says regarding transportation:

TRANSPORTATION
All guests are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex and other event competition venues unless special transportation has been arranged specifically for your event.
Bus transportation to ESPN Wide World of Sports® is available from Disney's All-Star Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort on a limited schedule:
Thursday - Monday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
These buses will also run when events are taking place at the Sports Complex based on the following schedule:
One (1) hour prior to Sports Complex opening until 11:00 p.m. or Sports Complex close,
whichever is later
During the scheduled operating hours, buses from Disney's All-Star Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort to ESPN Wide World of Sports® will arrive at the Sports Complex on the hour and ½ hour.
Due to capacities and schedules, these buses may not be able to accommodate teams and equipment. To ensure your team's on-time arrival for competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports®, please use event transportation if it is included with your event, or make arrangements for your own transportation to the Sports Complex.

If I were you I would take a cab and save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. Fare should be approx $12 plus tip and take approx 10 minutes, it's only a little over 4 miles.

With spring training right around the corner, this is good to know.

\From what I am understanding, no matter what resort you stay at, you have to transfer at DHS. I don't know of any resort bus that goes direct.
Buses no longer run from DHS to EWWS. Buses run only from the 3 All-Star Resorts, from Pop Century, and from the Custom House at CBR.
I know you can walk to the BW from Epcot, but I don't think you can walk to DHS from BW.
Guests can walk from any of the Epcot Resorts to both Epcot and DHS.

I don't know what the taxi situation is after a game, but usually if there is a demand, taxi drivers are eager to fill it.

Even if you had to wait half an hour for a taxi, that would probably be less than the time you'd spend traveling to and from an auto rental location and arranging the rental.

I went to Spring Training last year while staying at the Coronado. We hopped a bus to DHS, took a bus from there to POP, and took a bus from POP to WWOS. That was all really fast, we managed to get every single bus within a minute of walking to the stops and it took 35ish minutes.

Then the game got rained out. The parking lot was a mess with the full bus sitting in the lot for an hour before getting out. The only buses that came after that were full of people who saw it was rained out and opted not to get off. We were abandoned for 2 1/4 hours before a bus finally came for us. It took us another hour after that to get back to the resort. FYI- There is no covering at the bus stop here and the drainage system backs up and floods, covering your feet.

Learn from my mistake and call a cab if the weather looks rough. If it's a nice day, it might be worth the risk.

take this number with you... Yellow Cab Co 407-422-2222
i was quoted $9 each way from POFQ to EWWoS... AKL should not be much more and could even be less!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter