Getting to the Pan Pacific

DLgeeks

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at the Pan Pacific next June before our Alaska cruise (yes I know it's a ways out) and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel. We’ll be travelling with two little kids and a bunch of luggage I’m sure so I’m looking for the easiest (not necessarily the cheapest or the fastest, lol). Any advice out there? I’m not planning on bringing car seats along this time if I can avoid it.

Taxis galore at the airport, we did ore book with Legacy limos the official limo company of the Pan. They were prompt and the driver informative.

There is a train line the Canada line that goes direct but with kids and luggage it's not a good idea.

We booked and prepaid with Aerocar, the official car service provider at YVR. We have 3 kids and needed a a stretch limo for all of us, but round trip was about half of the cost of Disney transfers. And you aren't supposed to install car seats in the sideways or rear facing seats in any case.

We just walked out of the terminal and went to the Aerocar stand that is right outside the door. We were able to be on our way in a town car (4 people, lots of luggage) in about 5 minutes. It was probably a little cheaper than using two cabs (if only the Prius was available, we would have needed two) and it made for a nice start to our vacation :)

:cool1:We are going in just 33 days.... I'm wandering how much was the Aercar. We have 4 adults and our flight arrives just before midnight. Thank you

Definitely take a taxi van. Wish we would have. We stayed at the Sheraton Wall the first night before transferring to the Pan. We used the train. Would have had to get all our luggage onto a city bus to complete the transfer, so decided to walk to the hotel from the stop instead. Big city blocks uphill. We took a taxi from the Pan to the airport after the cruise. It cost the same for the 4 of us and was much easier with 2 kids and luggage.

:cool1:We are going in just 33 days.... I'm wandering how much was the Aercar. We have 4 adults and our flight arrives just before midnight. Thank you

If I recall correctly, it was about $65 (CAN) plus tip. I think they will take USD also but I had brought along some CAN just for that reason.

Taxi is the easiest, taxi cabs in Vancouver do not require car seats. We are taking the Canada Line for our cruise at the end of September - we have two small kids but we also live in the Vancouver area so we know what it will be like with two kids and luggage and we know exactly where we are going. If you have never been here just use a cab, it's a lot less hassle.

Another vote for $35 taxi carload.... if you need more space look for a minivan. If none are available. Just offer the smaller taxis to the people behind you as you wait for a van a few minutes behind.

Another option is grab two taxi's.

Aerocar sounds great, but it cost double or more. Here's the rate sheet.
http://aerocar.ca/rates/flat-rates/

Thanks for all of the input! I'm going back and forth between just grabbing a taxi and having a pre-arranged car service (one that will provide a car seat). I haven't booked airfare yet since we're still so far out so I'll probably decide based on what time we end up arriving. I like the security of having something pre-arranged since we've never been, but at double the price it may not be worth it...no way I am going to brave the train with a 3 and an 8 year old! We'll probably just do the DCL transfers on the way back.

We did not get into Vancouver until after midnight. We picked up our luggage and headed outside. There was a Taxi line just outside the door with a representative working the line even at that late hour. Having read on the boards that Vancouver taxis only hold up to 4people, we had already planned on taking two cabs. But when we walked up and told the guy six with one in a wheelchair, he motioned for a van that took all six of us, the folding wheelchair, 9 suitcases, and six backpacks. It was a tight fit but we all went in one vehicle to the Comfort Inn Downtown. Cost was $35. And since I was planning on paying double that I tipped the guy $20. However when we tried to get the same taxi from the Comfort Inn to the port, it was a no go. Turns out the 6person van is based out of Richmond which is where the airport is. But the Vancouver Taxis are no more than 4folks like we read here. But it was a much shorter ride and cost was only about $10 each.

At the Pan Pacific now. Flew in late last night. Family of 4, lots of luggage.

Taxi stand outside of airport was super easy. Believe it was $35.

We'll be staying at the Pan Pacific next June before our Alaska cruise (yes I know it's a ways out) and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel. We’ll be travelling with two little kids and a bunch of luggage I’m sure so I’m looking for the easiest (not necessarily the cheapest or the fastest, lol). Any advice out there? I’m not planning on bringing car seats along this time if I can avoid it.

Turns out the 6person van is based out of Richmond which is where the airport is. But the Vancouver Taxis are no more than 4folks like we read here.
While the majority of vehicles are 4 passenger Toyota Prius's... there are 6 passengers in the Vancouver taxi fleet too that can be ordered for pickup. However they are extremely in high demand during cruise ship embarkation and debarkation. If you mention wheelchair, your request will be escalated.

was just in Vancouver on business this past week. i agree with the vote on the taxi, especially for a family of 4. it will be much simpler and they'll drop you off at the door. having said that, the train is one of the nicer ones i've been on. the train is very clean and easy to get to the waterfront area. if you ever stay at the airport and want to go downtown, the train is a great way to do that.

you'll enjoy the downtown/cruiseport area. the combination of the cruiseships, the city and water views and the sea planes taking off and landing make Vancouver one of my favorite places to visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter