• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Marigot from the Cruise Terminal in St. Maarten

Little c Travel

Mouseketeer
I have a quick question regarding my upcoming cruise.

What is the best way to get to Marigot from the Cruise Terminal? I assume they have cabs.

What is the approximate cost and time to get from point A to B?

Are their cabs metered, pre-established rates or do we need to negotiate a rate before getting in the cab.

Thanks for all your help.

Best I remember it is about $20? Was not bad at all. It is pre set and there is a board at the cab stand that gives rates to everywhere on the island. They take you to the taxi stand at Marigot. I think it is about 30 minute ride going, coming back was longer on our trip, about an hour with the traffic. Very easy to do.

$8 A PERSON. SET RATE WITH CABS AND MINI VANS. WE USUALLYFIND THE MINI VAN GOING TO MARIGOT. THEY WILL WAIT TO FILL IT. USUALLY ABOUT 7 people. WE PAID $8 EACH TO GET THERE. THEN A SHORT WALK THRU TOWN OF MARIGOT to the WATERFRONT AREA. THERE IS A CAB SPOT RIGHT AT THE WATERFRONT. $8 A PERSON BACK. ROUGHLY TOOK US 20MIN EACH WAY. WE HAVE BEEN A FEW TIMES TO MARIGOT. WE GO TO EAT AND HAVE A COUPLE DRINKS. WE ALWAYS GO TO SARAFINAS BAKERY. FRESH FRENCH PASTRY. ITS THE BEST. ITS IN TOWN ON THE ROAD FACING THE HARBOUR. MANY OF THE LOCALS GO THERE. WE HAVE BROUGHT ALMOND CROISSANTS BACK TO THE SHIP.

We took a bus. We walked into town and caught the bus on Back street. It was a mini-van with a license plate that said bus. it was $2 per person. It was a real interesting way to travel, it would stop at random places to pick up and drop off people. My teenage boys said it was a great way to see real people from the island and how they lived.
I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it was a great experience. Buses were clean and air-conditioned, driver and other passengers were friendly.

Taxi from the Cruise Facility to Marigot is at a set rate, and is posted. I have a copy of it here.

(click)

I would allow 45 minutes and hope for a little quicker, each way.

gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter