• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Dolphin from MCO

lala3291

DIS Veteran
We just booked a WDW vacation, staying at the Dolphin for the first time at the end of December.

I was, and am still, a little worried about not staying at a "Disney" resort, especially with no DME.

I booked the Town Car provided by Star Transportation from the Disney site. For those who have traveled from MCO to the Dolphin, is the town car a good option? Or is there a better option?

Disney didn't give me a lot of details when I booked my package about the town car. I booked online. Should I just go to baggage claim and will the driver be there? Just not sure how this works...

Thanks for any advice!:goodvibes

It might be worth investigating a rental car from Alamo/National because you can return it right at the Dolphin hotel.
If you go with the Town Car service, you should call them directly to confirm the meeting location, it is usually in the baggage claim area. Make sure they know what airline and flight # you are arriving on, so they will know which side of the airport to meet you on.

lala3291 said:
We just booked a WDW vacation, staying at the Dolphin for the first time at the end of December.

I was, and am still, a little worried about not staying at a "Disney" resort, especially with no DME.

I booked the Town Car provided by Star Transportation from the Disney site. For those who have traveled from MCO to the Dolphin, is the town car a good option? Or is there a better option?

Disney didn't give me a lot of details when I booked my package about the town car. I booked online. Should I just go to baggage claim and will the driver be there? Just not sure how this works...

Thanks for any advice!:goodvibes

We have stayed at the Dolphin five times and always use a town car. Nothing says "vacation" to me more than a smiling chauffeur waiting for us at baggage claim, holding a sign with our name on. :-D. We don't like multiple stops - just our own family in the car, delivered right to the Dolphin's front door! We have used the grocery stop on occasions, but not always.

An aside, don't worry about the Dolphin not being a "Disney resort". You will fall in love with the resort and the FABULOUS location!! We return next month for our SIXTH stay!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

skelooch said:
It might be worth investigating a rental car from Alamo/National because you can return it right at the Dolphin hotel.
If you go with the Town Car service, you should call them directly to confirm the meeting location, it is usually in the baggage claim area. Make sure they know what airline and flight # you are arriving on, so they will know which side of the airport to meet you on.

We stayed at the Swan and just did car rentals from Alamo for the trip to the hotel and then back to the airport (had the car for less than an hour each time). It was about $45/rental for a full size vehicle and nice not to have to worry about rushing to the next form of transportation (especially because we needed to do the car seat install). Anyway, if you're considering it and don't mind driving (it's an easy trip), I think it's a great choice.

WE LOVE the Dolpin (nothing says Disney like a view of Epcot!) and I use Tiffany Town car or Florida Tours. Recently I have been sticking with FLT and they have been great. You have a predetermined rate, they meet you at baggage claim (holding a sign w your last name) and help with bags. You can request a free 30 minute grocery stop on the way to the resort. On the pickup they have always been on time or even early.

As far as the Dolpin not being Disney - the only thing you don't have is the room charging privledges and you can't put your park admission on your room key. Otherwise you use Disney transportation are included in EMH, can ship packages back to the room etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter