• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Cape May character breakfast

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
with an ADR before Epcot opens if I'm not staying in an Epcot resort and am relying on Disney Transportation?

First I would check to see if DHS is opened early that morning and if so take a bus there and then take the ferry back over to the BC. If not, let the front desk of your resort know you have reservations for Cape May at such and such time and they should be able to help you. In the past, we had to wait for a "Charater Meal Bus" to come along but we always end up waiting 20+ minutes for it. For some reason, Cape May is kind of a pain in the but to get to if you are not staying in the Epcot area, but once you do get there, it is a great character breakfast to eat at, it is one of our favorites and must do each trip.

We would take a cab in this situation.

Resort buses start running to all parks about an hour before opening - you can bounce from there (I'd go with MK - good bus return to YC/BC) if it is early enough.

When we went a few years ago, we were staying at CBR and were told by a CM to take the bus to Epcot and we would be able to walk through the park and out of the IG (our ressie was before Epcot opened). We got to Epcot, went to the character meal turnstile and were held there for a few min while they called Cape May to make sure we had a ressie, then we were let through. Dont know if they will always allow that or if we got some pixie dust that day. :confused3

It's a long walk from the front of Epcot to Cape May, even if they do let you through. Your best options are 1) take a cab and 2) bus to DHS and then either walk or take the boat to YC marina and walk from there. We prefer the walk from DHS--it's about 15-20 minutes and is faster than the boat unless you can walk right onto the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter