Getting through a "munchie" day...?

Darsa

<font color=deeppink>Has an active imagination<br>
Ugh...

Today is my first day back to work after a little over a week since my mom died, and the funeral preps. For some reason today, I've wanted to EAT all day long!

How do you get through a day when all you want to do is munch? I've tried gum, I've tried drinking more water than I usually have, I've tried eating things that fill me up... nothing seems to work on days like this :headache:

Anyone have any other suggestions to try???

Are you craving a particular food or just the perceived comfort that comes with munching and snacking? If you are craving something in particular, I say HAVE IT... have a small portion of what you are craving and maybe the craving will subside. But just a serving.... not a bag full. Dish out your serving into a bowl or cup and put away the rest.

If you are just craving the comfort that sometimes comes with snacking, then you need to resist. Try something hot to drink, like a cup of tea or coffee or even low-cal cocoa. That might fill you enough to get your mind off the munching for a while. You just need to keep your mind and hands occupied with something else.

My guess, after reading your original post, is that you are craving some comfort after the loss of your Mom and the reality of it setting in as life returns to a normal schedule. I am SO sorry for your loss. :flower3: My Mom and I are close and I dread the day she isn't there any more. But I'm SURE your mom would want you making smart healthy choices and keeping your body strong. So think of her and try to resist the cravings.

If you have time later, take a nice walk or run. The increased activity should help with releasing some endorphins to make you feel better and you will be away from the food for a little while. HTH....................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter