• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

getting started

gottalovethem

<font color=magenta>The DIS Moms love you!</font>
I am new to the WISH board and noticed that everyone seems to be pretty encouraging. I am extremely overweight and would like to get started on losing rather than gaining -- I'm done having kids and am nursing my third so it's about time to get started.

I'm gonna be 35 this year and know that I have to make changes now in order to live a better life for my children, but I have been having some real binging problems lately.

I already work out three times a week at the YMCA (twice a week are the aerobics/fitness classes).

Please help me get started and motivated. I need to do this but just don't know where or how to begin.

May I suggest WW? I think it's a great plan, and was especially helpful for the "getting started" phase!

WW is great, I've done it before but can't afford it right now.

However, I have good news. I have started officially today. Slim Fast has a wonderful website that has a nutrition long along with suggested calories, fat grams, etc. You don't even have to eat their foods (though I'll stick a few bars/drinks in there to help me out). So have started logging in my foods today and am starting on the right track -- and I've already had my challenges.

I am trying to remember that I can control food -- not everything else in my life.

Great!! The other thing I was going to suggest is keeping a journal so that you can keep track of your progess. Sounds like you are off to a great start! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter