Getting Rid of Cable and Youtube TV

What sports are you using it for?

Our local MLB and NHL teams (cardinals and blues on fox sports midwest) we also use it heavily during football season for college. But some of those games we can also get on our attenae thru the local stations.

We cancelled cable a long time ago. We still get plenty of channels to our televisions. We have Netflix and have wi-fi only in our home and I got OOMA phone because I wanted a landline, it costs $5/month. Best decision we ever made.

We cancelled cable a long time ago. We still get plenty of channels to our televisions. We have Netflix and have wi-fi only in our home and I got OOMA phone because I wanted a landline, it costs $5/month. Best decision we ever made.
I really just need internet. I just called Comcast and am at $123 a month for 12 months. I feel like there has to be a better deal out there. I am looking for service in the Vero Beach, FL area if anyone is from that area.

I really just need internet. I just called Comcast and am at $123 a month for 12 months. I feel like there has to be a better deal out there. I am looking for service in the Vero Beach, FL area if anyone is from that area.

We pay $85/mo for internet only in NJ. We have the "faster" speed, or else it would be $10 less a month. Still not bad considering we still get over 25 channels on regular tv.

What are you using for internet?

Just a regular Verizon FiOs connection (that's what's available in our neighborhood). I don't pay for crazy high speeds or anything. Of course, we also have a strict no-TVs-in-bedrooms policy in my house, so we don't have multiple TV's streaming at the same time.

We cut cable earlier this year. We have Netflix and Prime. We also got an antenna for local stuff. We recently got YouTube TV. We really like it. We don't have an issue with picture quality; however, when we cut cable, we changed our internet speed to the highest available.

Hi.

My dh and I are seriously thinking about getting rid of cable.

My dd will be moving out and my ds is in college but when he is home, he has a Firestick or something in his TV in case he wants to watch but he watches everything on his phone.

We have Ruku for streaming and I think he said we have Hulu (we have Netflix, Amazon, etc.).
My dh was very excited last night to have a five day trial offer for Youtube TV.
Me, I could care less and watch just a few shows but he seemed very happy with what he was seeing last night.
The picture isn't as "sharp" as cable, but it will save us a lot of money a month since we have many boxes and TVs.

Does anyone use Youtube TV? As much as he makes fun of me for always being on these boards, he did ask me to see what "my friends" would say LOL

Thank you.

We have YouTubeTV and LOVE it. Got rid of DirecTV Now because they kept increasing their prices.

I'm 21 and I don't know anyone in my age group or even a little older that still uses cable TV. I don't watch much TV to begin with but I use Hulu and (normal free) YouTube. It is honestly a waste of money to me personally, because it's pricey and you don't even get to pick what you want to watch, and obviously the ad breaks. I use the cheapest Hulu plan which is $6/month and has ads, but the ads are so short and infrequent compared to cable TV. If you have Amazon Prime, their Prime TV is also included in your membership btw.

I want to get rid of our cable but I keep holding off because of the sports. We have to be able to watch MLB, NFL, college football (especially the B1G), hockey, soccer.... we are big sports fans! It's what keeps me from cutting the cord. Reading everyone's responses is making me feel better about just doing it. From everyone's suggestions, I'm going to look into YouTube TV and see if it will cover what we are looking for.

I want to get rid of our cable but I keep holding off because of the sports. We have to be able to watch MLB, NFL, college football (especially the B1G), hockey, soccer.... we are big sports fans! It's what keeps me from cutting the cord. Reading everyone's responses is making me feel better about just doing it. From everyone's suggestions, I'm going to look into YouTube TV and see if it will cover what we are looking for.

When you look at Youtube TV you can input your zip code and it will give you a list of available channels. They offer all the sports biggies like the ESPN and Fox Sports family of networks. For me, south of Boston it does list the B1G (ACC and SEC too) so I have a feeling that is a nationwide offering. I do notice that NFL network itself is not offered, but all my local stations are so watching football should not be an issue. For Boston our local sports newworks (NESN and NBC Sports NE) are offered so I have a feeling if you lived in say MD MASN would be available for baseball. You will notice that PBS is not offered but I did see where it will be by the end of the year as long as your local PBS affiliate ops-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter