• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting REALLY frustrated with SW rates

05ChristmasSurprise

DIS Veteran
Right now they keep showing $149 each way for our travel days.

I KNOW they can do better!

We leave October 1st - I'm biting my nails - can't d'l DING because I have a mac - uuuuuuuuugh!

Any advice? Any ideas on when things will go down?

SW usually runs a promo right around labor day weekend that is usually when I book my flights for Dec. You really need to check there website almost everyday and it seems they release alot on mondays, just my past experience. Good Luck!!!

Where are you flying from? Keep checking them at least once a day. Last year I checked just before I left work for the day. I was online later that night & a $49 fare each way popped up. You could always book a flight & if a cheaper fare pops up rebook at the lower fare & get a credit to use in the future. This works especially if you are flexible on your flight times. When I find the dates I need getting more difficult I buy the ticket & keep checking back. Usually when they add new dates to the schedule some of the fares drop.

Sign up for their click and save newsletter, too. I get an email just about every Tuesday for sales and specials. HTH

I'm waiting too for Oct 15 or 16-21 from either St. Louis or Kansas City. UGHHHHHH!

Donna

Join the club!!!

I have been waiting for weeks for the ding! specials to extend past Nov. 17 & for the systemwide specials to include either jan to mco or to extend to the dates we need. If it was just me going I wouldn't worry so much but I need to purchase 6 tickets & I'm concerned about getting seats.

COME ON, SW!!! We have everything booked except airfare. It would be really bad to have no way to get there!!!!!

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

I don't mean to upset you, but I booked SW Oct 1 - 6 for $69 each way. It obviously depends on where you are flying from, we are leaving from Long Island, NY. :guilty:

i just booked a flight to mco from louisville for 47.00(each way) with a ding last week, we have to catch a connecting flight in st. louis, on oct 1, so maybe we'll be on the same plane! but i'm still looking to see if we can get a non-stop first. do you have anyone in your family that could download ding for you? someone you would trust with your credit card? good luck!
you might also sign up for fare watcher on travelocity.

Hey neighbors! :)

No big deal if we don't get it - we're a family of 6, too - so we may end up having to drive. We figured it took us about 3 tanks of gas each way last time, and we have Priority Club rewards points for the hotels along the way, so it wouldn't be terribly expensive to do that - it's just a matter of whether or not DH can get that much time away from work. :flower:

But, I know - these high fares are killing me when I see $49 ones from other cities.

Have you looked at Trans Meridian from midamerica?
www.iflytma.com I think is the site..they're right in the St. Louis area and they're a charter (private) company. They only fly down from STL to MCO like three or four times a week (and of course not on our dates) but it might be worth checking into for those of you waiting on a flight. Last time I checked it was $79 each way...and they have first class upgrades for only $25! :)

TMA only flies to Orlando Sanford airport, not MCO. Has anyone flown into this airport? How far is it from WDW.

I would consider TMA, but I am wondering if they will be around in the spring when I need to fly. Many airlines have come and gone from mid-america airport.

Any comments???

I broke down and booked SWA for 10/15/05-10/21/05 from STL to MCO for $192.71 with DING. With the gas prices continuing to go up, I was scared to wait any longer.

Of course, fares will probably go down now! LOL!

Donna

I Tickets from southwest last week for oct. I got them at that 24 hour sale. From Providence ,RI To MCO for $49 each way. I'm surprised you couldn't find any good deals :confused3

I'm also flying from Warwick, RI (the airport is not in Providence! ;) )
I've been watching for the first week in December and yesterday the lowest fares, which weren't that low, were gone!!! I did book flights but I'm also hoping that lower ones will be released.

SWA has a program (DING) you can download off of their website which will pop up on your computer and notify you of special air fares. Although I get nervous as my travel date approaches and go ahead and book with a DING rate, usually they are cheaper on their website. In fact, the day after I booked for $192.71 RT, the fare went down to $136.90 RT. SWA's customer service gave me a refund to my credit card because I had booked the first trip less than 24 hours prior.

Hope this helps!

Donna

You all got your good rates now from St. Louis or Kansas City to MCO in October? Hope so, since they have been on sale. Didn't see any confirmation in the thread so thought I would check.

I would check southwest again for the rates from st lous. I went on SW a few minutes ago an click on "fare frenzy" florida. Than orlando. An st lous was on there for $59 each way. I think dats what is seen, sorry if i looked at it incorrect but i dont think so. So def check it out as soon as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter