Getting ready

disneygirl24

Earning My Ears
This might seem like a silly question but where did you or where are you getting ready for your wedding, I'm still over a year out until our date but am dying to start planning!!!

We booked some nights in the GF on top of our holiday package. Me and my BM's slept there the night before. Me and DH stayed there for two nights after the wedding to get some time away from the family at the other hotel!

WE stayed at the Grand Floridian so I got ready there in my parents room with ALL my girls.. It was crazy but fun
The pics were beautiful of the ones getting ready

I'm going to be at the Beach Club. We're doing an Epcot ceremony and I love the Beach Club. We're just going to be in a studio as we only have me, groom, best man, and man of honor to really get ready. Or just me and man of honor depending on how things go.

I reserved a one bedroom villa at the AKL for 2 nights. My BMs and I stayed there both nights. The morning of the wedding, my mom and flower girl came to the room to get ready. The room was perfect :thumbsup2. We had ample room to get ready and a full size kitchen which helped A LOT. We were able to make breakfast the morning of the wedding (Brides...its very important to eat on your wedding day)!! All in all, it was like a small apartment. I was able to feel relaxed and comfortable that morning.

Oh yeah...the view of the Savannah didn't hurt either ;)

We were married at the Yacht Club Gazebo and were lucky to have a room that overlooked the gazebo. My MOH and flower girls and I all got ready in that room - it was fun to watch the guests arrive for the ceremony!

I also got ready in my parents room at the GF since I stayed with them before the wedding.

I got married @ SBP and stayed in a 3 bedroom grand villa at the BWV with my mom and 2 MOH's the 5 days prior to the wedding. It was a luxury (and A LOT of space for 4 people since the villa sleeps 12), but was totally worth it! It gave Carolyn Allen's room to press/steam the dresses the wedding AM, allowed us to have hair and make up done in the living room, and just gave everyone the extra space they needed which kept the "primping time" nice and relaxed!

(My DH stayed with one of his good friends that week b/c his mom wanted us to "not stay together" - even though we've live together for almost 2 years. OH well! It gave me my "girl time" :))

I'm going to be in POFQ in our room - DF will be off somewhere. We haven't gotten that far as of yet! :lmao:

Thanks for all of your ideas, I'm seriously considering the Grand Floridian maybe stay there the night before with my mum and bridesmaid. Would this count towards the four nights that you have to stay in a Disney hotel as part of the Escape package?

We booked a one bedroom unit at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, plus I booked a studio for my sister. Greg stayed in my sister's room, and my sister stayed with me the night before the wedding...

When we got started with hair and makeup and dress steaming, I sure was glad I had booked the 1 bedroom unit! We needed the space.

My duaghter had a 2:30 wedding. Hair/makeup was being done at 0730 in the room by Patricia LeJeune. We booked a suite (BEST DECISION YET) and had an inroom hospitality breakfast set up (buffet type) as we knew all family members would come in to see the bride getting hair/makeup; bridesmaids were getting hair/makeup done in the room. It was a breakfast without smelling food (no eggs etc) and it was fantastic!!!!!! Everyone came in sat and talked to the bride etc...it was a GREAT decision! There is NO WAY this could have been done in a standard room. Carolyn steamed the dress in a standard room next door!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter