Getting ready to book Discovery Cove!!!

janinca

Mouseketeer
I am just about to book our trip to Discovery Cove. We have spent a lot of time thinking about this. This will be our first trip to Florida and originally we were thinking we would go to Disney World but most of my kids are not interested in going. Everybody is interesting in Discovery Cove though. At first we decided no way were we going to pay that price but now when I look at it, it seems a pretty good value when taking into consideration the other parks we can get into. We are going to get the ultimate package so we can go to Busch Gardens as well. Getting excited to actually book it but at the same time nervous to actually make that final step.

Do you have an American Express card? They have a promo right now where tickets are only $189! The link is on this board somewhere.... may save you quite a bit if you have a large family!

Congrats on making the plunge! I can't wait for our trip :hyper:

Do you have an American Express card? They have a promo right now where tickets are only $189! The link is on this board somewhere.... may save you quite a bit if you have a large family!

Congrats on making the plunge! I can't wait for our trip :hyper:

Thanks for the tip. I was just set to order one when I saw that the offer is only good for US residents. :( I am a Canadian. Oh well, it is a great deal but since I don't already have a card, not sure I could have got it in time anyway.

I am just about to book our trip to Discovery Cove. We have spent a lot of time thinking about this. This will be our first trip to Florida and originally we were thinking we would go to Disney World but most of my kids are not interested in going. Everybody is interesting in Discovery Cove though. At first we decided no way were we going to pay that price but now when I look at it, it seems a pretty good value when taking into consideration the other parks we can get into. We are going to get the ultimate package so we can go to Busch Gardens as well. Getting excited to actually book it but at the same time nervous to actually make that final step.

Hello, fellow Canadian :wave2: ,

I get the same way.....particularly when I get ready to book our flights. Once its all done, though, and the plans are "final", its soooo much fun to kick into planning gear and start counting down to an amazing vacation.

Where are you staying and when are you going? How old are your kiddos?

Discovery Cove is absolutely amazing.....we have been twice this year, once on New Years Day and once on August 29th. Check out my trip report links in my signature for lots of details and photos. In the January report, there are lots of pictures of SeaWorld, and in the August report, we visited Aquatica twice (both parks you will likely visit on your trip as well, since they are included with your DC admission). We love, love, LOVE the SeaWorld parks.....just as nice as Disney, in our opinions. SeaWorld is our favourite park in all of Orlando, and we have visited all the major ones....all 4 Disney parks, both Universal Parks, SW, DC and Aquatica.

Did you see that Dine with Shamu at SeaWorld has recently had a price drop? (there's another thread about it here on the boards). It was $49 pp, now its just $29 pp. Maybe something you might want to add on to your trip plans?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here on the boards as there are tons of people who can help you plan your getaway ::yes:: (and share in your excitement!!).

Contrary to what I was told on the boards the price can/does increase as you get closer to your dates. If I had booked in Mar for our Nov trip the non-dolphin swim day was $149, I waited and it went up to $159. When I finally made the res. around the first of Sept. it was $169., so it doesn't pay to wait. :sad1:

Hello, fellow Canadian :wave2: ,

I get the same way.....particularly when I get ready to book our flights. Once its all done, though, and the plans are "final", its soooo much fun to kick into planning gear and start counting down to an amazing vacation.

Where are you staying and when are you going? How old are your kiddos?

Discovery Cove is absolutely amazing.....we have been twice this year, once on New Years Day and once on August 29th. Check out my trip report links in my signature for lots of details and photos. In the January report, there are lots of pictures of SeaWorld, and in the August report, we visited Aquatica twice (both parks you will likely visit on your trip as well, since they are included with your DC admission). We love, love, LOVE the SeaWorld parks.....just as nice as Disney, in our opinions. SeaWorld is our favourite park in all of Orlando, and we have visited all the major ones....all 4 Disney parks, both Universal Parks, SW, DC and Aquatica.

Did you see that Dine with Shamu at SeaWorld has recently had a price drop? (there's another thread about it here on the boards). It was $49 pp, now its just $29 pp. Maybe something you might want to add on to your trip plans?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here on the boards as there are tons of people who can help you plan your getaway ::yes:: (and share in your excitement!!).

We are going next month!!!! We are going to stay at a friend's house which is about a half hour drive away.

I read your trip reports when I first started checking out these boards. They were very helpful and informative to me. :)

I noticed the Dine with Shamu price drop and have been tempted by it but we have 4 kids and it just gets so pricey even though it seems a great deal. I think we will be skipping that unfortunately. My kids are 17, 15, 13 and 11

Our plans have been kind of up in the air because of our broken down van (we are driving down) which we have finally got fixed and the fact that we haven't been sure about whether we should do Disney or Discovery Cove plus the friend we are going with had been a bit unsure about the dates he could go. I think I am going to book it today and we are going for the Ultimate Package so we can go to Busch Gardens as well. I can't wait!!!

You will NOT regret Discovery Cove! It has been the highlight, other than seeing my family of our trip! We really really want to do it again. Enjoy!!

Question for all..

Is it smart to go to discovery cove at the end of October, for fear of weather change and rain?

What's your input?

janinca said:
Wow, I hope it is good to go then as this is when we are going!!

I'm really eager to book, just nervous. I don't want the weather to be chilly being a water entertainment park.
Guess ill just have to bite the bullet & take the risk.

I'm really eager to book, just nervous. I don't want the weather to be chilly being a water entertainment park.
Guess ill just have to bite the bullet & take the risk.

I know what you mean!! I had a few people tell me this is a beautiful time of year to go and am hoping that is true.

We've been from end of Oct - mid Nov for the last number of years and the weather has been great. Only had a couple of days in the low 70s but the rest have been 80s. We have our DC trip booked for Nov 3.:thumbsup2

Question for all..

Is it smart to go to discovery cove at the end of October, for fear of weather change and rain?

What's your input?

Our first visit was New Year's Day. We fretted about the weather and it ended up being a gorgeous, warm, perfect day.

Our second visit was August 29 (hurricane season). We fretted again....and AGAIN, it was simply beautiful.

Florida can have some mighty nice weather. October is still pretty warm so I doubt you have anything to worry about. And if it rains, you are going to be wet most of the day anyway, so unless its storming, it won't ruin your enjoyment of all the areas the park has to offer.

If its chilly, be sure to choose the wetsuit over the vest to help keep you warmer. A couple of the water attractions (specifically the lazy river and freshwater oasis) have super warm water....like taking a bath!

We've been from end of Oct - mid Nov for the last number of years and the weather has been great. Only had a couple of days in the low 70s but the rest have been 80s. We have our DC trip booked for Nov 3.:thumbsup2

So good to hear that! We're going Nov 11th :beach:

sympatico said:

Maybe we'll see you there. Our first DC experience is also on Nov. 3!

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter