Getting Ready the Morning Of

CMA21

DisBride 2013
Ok, so I just got my date for my wedding on October 13, 2013, and I got all the information now regarding the room blocks and stuff. My biggest question is though, what did you all do the morning of your wedding as far as getting ready and hair and make-up went??

Our ceremony is at the WP, so it'd be ideal I'd imagine to get ready there...but I don't know where we should get ready at. There's gonna be me, 6 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, my mom, and a few others there plus the videographers, photographers, and hair and make-up people. Therefore I don't feel like we could get ready in just a standard room?? The suites at GF seem ridiculously expensive also!! My biggest concern is enough space, and also a room we can stay in for a night or two because I don't want to have to worry about moving hotels the morning or night of our wedding (our ceremony is at 2:30 and our reception is at ADH until 10).

Any suggestions, or advice on what you did? I'm really at a loss of what to do!:confused3

We got ready in a conference room at the yacht club conference center (we were staying at the Beach Club). I don't believe that you can book it until 2 weeks before your wedding. I booked it one week and I was fine. There is no room rental fee but you there is a $500 food and beverage minimum which was fine for us because I was planning on getting food and drinks anyway for getting ready.

I know it seems expensive, but unfortunately, b/c of your numbers, a conference room is the only thing that would really work. You can't get ready at the Pavilion, there is only two tiny holding rooms. I can't remember the exact rule on the booking of conference rooms... but I'm pretty sure the reason they wait so late to book it for you is b/c technically, they could make more money on an actual conference if it is needed.

I realize it must be frustrating with numbers... I am getting ready in my room at Wilderness Lodge with 5 of my 6 bridesmaids... the other bridesmaid is my fiance's sister, and she and the mother of the groom are all getting ready at Port Orleans, along with the groomsmen and groom and my two future nieces! Then I have one hair guy and one makeup woman... but I think what's keeping it down for me is I'm not having my photographer or videographer with us while we get ready.

I'm sorry, this really isn't a solution to your problem, just me rambling on about what I'm doing, lol... I just felt like sharing, haha. But talk to your Planner about possible rooms to book... I know it's expensive, but it's really the only way everyone will fit. :-)

Since your reception is going to be at ADH. You could rent DVC points and get a studio or 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk.
I priced a studio villa there for next year for that entire week for only $1000 through David's vacation club rentals. I think the studio might be big enough for everyone, but if not the other sizes should be.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

If you want to rent DVC points you need to decide ASAP. I tried to do this for my trip this year about 8 months out and there were no DVC rentals open that week. You can book with someone whose home resort is BWV 11 months out, so you should book next month.

You could rent a two bedroom DVC villa for one or two nights. They are big with two bedrooms, a kitchen/lounge area and at least two maybe three bathrooms. Quite a lot of space!!!
I second renting points through 'David's DVC Rentals'. As a DVC owner, we often offer our points out to rent through him. He is extremely reliable and offers an excellent service to both owners and renters.

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

You could rent a two bedroom DVC villa for one or two nights. They are big with two bedrooms, a kitchen/lounge area and at least two maybe three bathrooms. Quite a lot of space!!!
I second renting points through 'David's DVC Rentals'. As a DVC owner, we often offer our points out to rent through him. He is extremely reliable and offers an excellent service to both owners and renters.

Exactly what we are doing.

We are using our points for a 2 BR villa at the BW. It is HUGE and has plenty of space for me, my mom, dad, 4 bridesmaids, a grandma, 2 photogs, and a videographer!

Since your reception is going to be at ADH. You could rent DVC points and get a studio or 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk.
I priced a studio villa there for next year for that entire week for only $1000 through David's vacation club rentals. I think the studio might be big enough for everyone, but if not the other sizes should be.

http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

If you want to rent DVC points you need to decide ASAP. I tried to do this for my trip this year about 8 months out and there were no DVC rentals open that week. You can book with someone whose home resort is BWV 11 months out, so you should book next month.

Exactly what we are doing.

We are using our points for a 2 BR villa at the BW. It is HUGE and has plenty of space for me, my mom, dad, 4 bridesmaids, a grandma, 2 photogs, and a videographer!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Super helpful! Maybe I will look into the DVC points. I've never tried anything like that before, but it sounds like it could be the best option especially for the price. Maybe I'll look into both the Boardwalk and Bay Lake Towers. I'll have to decide if it's important / convenient to be closer to where I'll be starting the day, or ending the day! I'll def. look into David's Vacation Club, thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter