• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting pumped about RSR!

JazzyCatsAtDLR

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to Cars Land yet, but I'll be going this upcoming January and I am so excited about RSR! I've watched videos of it and wow, it looks very impressive! What are your opinions of it? What would you give it out of 10?

10! It is such a fun ride!! Now that we've finally decided to start doing single rider (it's just my husband and I, and sometimes our friends), we can go on it even more! :cool1:

I'd give it a 6 during the day, and an 8 at night. Carsland in general is much better at night.

I wouldn't wait more than about 30 mins for RSR, if that. But I wouldn't wait more than 30 mins for many rides.

RSR, and the entire CarsLand area are great! I second the suggestion to visit during the day and after dark. Its a different experience.

I'd say its the most fun I've ever had on a ride or at a theme park! 10 for sure it's really well done

It is great! When everything is working, I would give it a 10. Some of the animatronics aren't working these days. I have heard that the recent refurb did not fix them.
I agree with PP to try and ride it during the day and at night.
Cars Land is amazing. Soak in all the details. It is just like being in Radiator Springs in the movie.
If you enjoy adult beverages, I highly suggest the Vodka Pomogranate Limeade from the Cozy Cone (I think #2 or 3).
We have enjoyed all of our meals at Flo's. The food is good and portions are big enough to share.

I give it a 20! LOL. Seriously, love this ride =) I'm a big fan of the movie though...I have two little boys who LOVE Cars and that's another reason. I just think it's really well done and super fun. Cars Land itself is like walking into the movie. Very detailed and just gorgeous. Try to be there at sunset when they turn the neon on...it's pretty incredible. Have a great time!

I love RSR it's easily my favorite ride now and Cars Land as a whole is wonderful. There are so many in depth touches that really transport you right there.

Love it all. Definitely a 10 !

We've been on RSR over 50 times now and I'd give it a 9 out of 10. I'd also agree its better at night. We have a win loss record of 28/25 since we started keeping track.

We are visiting for the first time in January too and SO excited for RSR. Really excited!!!

I haven't been to Cars Land yet, but I'll be going this upcoming January and I am so excited about RSR! I've watched videos of it and wow, it looks very impressive! What are your opinions of it? What would you give it out of 10?

I give the land as a whole an 9 out of 10. I would prefer more food options as I don't like the food at Flo's. But Flo's as a venue is wonderful. I give RSR a 10 out of 10. It's the best ride in the whole world in my totally biased and Disneyland obsessed opinion.

Love it! Definitely a 10!!! Agree with others, nighttime is even better than daytime!!! We love Mater's ride almost as much as RSR! If you can be there during sunset and watch the lights going on down the main drag, you'll love it even more!!

I like RSR more than other DL rides b/c the first half is the great theming and animatronics then the second half, the outdoor "race" is an exciting thrill ride!! The best of both worlds!! Love!!

Not sure how early in Jan you're going, but the Christmas decor is adorable in CL.

10! We rode it 9 times in a week, the first trip out there that it was open. It was a bit easier then, because they were not enforcing FP return times.

I think about 5X the second trip, but only because of lack of time (busy with D23).

Single rider line is your best friend. AND you simply MUST ride it after dark!!!

PS I adore Luigi's Tires, some people hate it, I really love it, I wish I could ride it for 10 minutes straight.

I love it...one of my favorite rides at DCA!! I prefer to ride it at night (I actually like CL in general better at night), but either way it's such a fun ride. The details they put into that ride and CL are amazing. Have fun!

I would prefer more food options as I don't like the food at Flo's. But Flo's as a venue is wonderful.

We've eaten at Flo's a few times and have never had a good experience. :( My daughter still talks about the horrible chocolate milkshake she had last year...how can you screw up a milkshake?? :confused3 Too bad, because the restaurant setting is adorable and one of my favorite parts of CL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter