Getting Photopass Plus in the Parks

suorkaterina

Belle's Librarian
I have a question about using our photopass card to get photopass plus. We are leaving in a couple days and I had been planning on not prepaying but using the photopass card we got in the mail from Disney. Can I use the regular photopass card to get ride pictures and photopass plus extras with that card and buy the photopass plus package when I get home? Or do I need to pay for a separate photopass plus card somewhere in the parks instead? And where can I get one in the parks?

Thanks for the help.

suorkaterina said:
I have a question about using our photopass card to get photopass plus. We are leaving in a couple days and I had been planning on not prepaying but using the photopass card we got in the mail from Disney. Can I use the regular photopass card to get ride pictures and photopass plus extras with that card and buy the photopass plus package when I get home? Or do I need to pay for a separate photopass plus card somewhere in the parks instead? And where can I get one in the parks?

Thanks for the help.

You need the special card to get the ride/meal photos withoutnpaying for them so you couldn't purchase after returning home.

You will have to purchase a red Photopass+ card at any of the Photopass locations in the parks, DTD or resorts in order to get the benefits of Photopass+. I know the one in DTD is next to Guest relations and the one at the Poly is on the 2nd floor of the GCH on your way to the monorail. You will not be able to use the regular Photopass card and pay for Photopass+ later. :)

Yup, what they said. And keep in mind the card disney sent you isnt "free." If you want the pics you still have to pay for them regardless of what card you use. The photopass in the mail is really just a marketing piece. :rolleyes:

Raenstoirm said:
Yup, what they said. And keep in mind the card disney sent you isnt "free." If you want the pics you still have to pay for them regardless of what card you use. The photopass in the mail is really just a marketing piece. :rolleyes:

Yep, and at the price of prints from Photopass, it's better to prepay if you plan on getting more than 8 pictures taken. (2)4x6 prints of the same image = $14.95. Prepay of the basic Photopass is $120. Plus adds in your ride pics ($15 each) and participating meal pix (about $32 each). Prepay for plus is $170.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

fyi, you must pre-order photopass + 14 days before your arrival or they cannot guarantee delivery of your voucher to get the discounted photopass+

Well we didn't have time to pre-order the PP+ card. We picked one up on our very first minutes in MK and let me tell you, it paid for itself probably three times over. We got at least 15 ride pictures. The regular price for those digital downloads is 14.95, so that in and of itself payed for the card. But of course we got tons of other photopass shots too. It was deffinately worth it. Still waiting to view our pictures online but I'm sure they'll be great. Even without the discount, Photopass Plus is a bargain.

I am leaving in a few days for trip and forgot about the photopass plus. I definitely want it. So can I still purchase in the park first thing first morning? I don't care that I don't get discount, I just want the package for the other savings. Also, we are doing the MNSSHP will that be put on there too or will I get a special card for it? Getting so excited!!!:cheer2:

I am leaving in a few days for trip and forgot about the photopass plus. I definitely want it. So can I still purchase in the park first thing first morning? I don't care that I don't get discount, I just want the package for the other savings.

i am in the same boat. I just realized I missed the window to preorder the PP+ CD, but I will likely want it. We made a great photo album last time, and I know we'll take lots of photos (usually the only time we get family photos!! sad, I know.).

Where do I get the PP+ at the park? Is it available at the resort? (AoA). We're checking in early Wednesday, then going to MK.

I am leaving in a few days for trip and forgot about the photopass plus. I definitely want it. So can I still purchase in the park first thing first morning? I don't care that I don't get discount, I just want the package for the other savings. Also, we are doing the MNSSHP will that be put on there too or will I get a special card for it? Getting so excited!!!:cheer2:

i am in the same boat. I just realized I missed the window to preorder the PP+ CD, but I will likely want it. We made a great photo album last time, and I know we'll take lots of photos (usually the only time we get family photos!! sad, I know.).

Where do I get the PP+ at the park? Is it available at the resort? (AoA). We're checking in early Wednesday, then going to MK.

Yes, you can get it at WDW for the regular price. The 4 parks, DTD, and a few deluxe resorts all have photopass locations where you can get it.

I have prepurchased the regular photopass but am now wishing I had gotten the photopass+. Anyone know if I can upgrade to the plus option by paying the $30 price difference? Can I do that online or at the parks?
Thanks.

I have prepurchased the regular photopass but am now wishing I had gotten the photopass+. Anyone know if I can upgrade to the plus option by paying the $30 price difference? Can I do that online or at the parks?
Thanks.

From the FAQ:

Q.* **I am visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and have already pre-purchased the Walt Disney World PhotoCD online, can I upgrade to the Disney PhotoPass+ Pre Arrival offer?**
R.***** Yes, if you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and have pre-purchased the Walt Disney World PhotoCD you may upgrade your PhotoCD to the Disney PhotoPass+ Pre Arrival offer by contacting our Guest Support team at 407-560-4300 or visiting the Contact Us section of our website.* You will need the name, phone number, and email address that was used to purchase the PhotoCD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter