Getting older, thinking about selling our DVC, but

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
then, I read about Pandora, Rivers of Light, Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Soarin' Over the World, updates to IllumiNations and new dining attractions in Disney Springs, etc., etc.

Now, NO WAY are we selling. I'm going to keep visiting WDW until I can't get on a plane! :teeth:

So excited about all the changes. How about you?

I'm just hoping it's all done before 2042 and a lot of our points, or we, expire! :angel:

Seriously though, it's nice to have the parks getting some love. I do wish for something a little more up my alley for the rides though. Seems like all simulators (turning a little green right now) or kid level rides which I can enjoy but are usually too short. But it all looks like it should be very interesting.

then, I read about Pandora, Rivers of Light, Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Soarin' Over the World, updates to IllumiNations and new dining attractions in Disney Springs, etc., etc.

Now, NO WAY are we selling. I'm going to keep visiting WDW until I can't get on a plane! :teeth:

When you can't fly, then drive, or take the train!

I am excited for the changes! Just purchased Poly in May...I should get a solid 45 years when all is said and done...though...Disney is never done.

I'm excited about the upcoming changes! We took family trips to WDW 1-2 times a year for about five years. Then it stopped being as exciting and fun...and we became busier with our kids' activities and found it difficult to fit WDW in around other trips we wanted to take. We are going back this Christmas for the first time in over two years and there is not much new for us to see. The only attraction I can think of that we are excited about is the Mine Train. My daughter is now too old to be interested in all the new Frozen stuff. We've seen some of New Fantasyland already and my kids were not all that interested as tweens/teens.

Definitely sounds good!

I had exactly the same thoughts. We too are getting older, and a bit "infirm". I was thinking that October might be my last trip. But now, I too will work to make it happen.
Very excited to see everything

I think we should lobby AARP for better Disney discounts! Maybe we could get them to bring back valet parking for senior members :) Count me in the group that will continue to go to WDW until I just physically can't make it. Then I'm gonna send my grandkids and they can Skype me from the parks. :earsboy:

Skype you? Forget that. Make them push your wheelchair!

D'oh! Of course you're right about that Chuck! :thumbsup2 "I know it's 95 degrees & sunny, but grandpa's legs are cold, GET MY BLANKET" Sheesh, I'm getting feeble already :blush:

We are old. DH is 82, I am 68. DH has just suffered a heart attack and has a blood clot in his lung. Resale prices are attractive for sellers right now and we could use some extra cash for medical bills. But, as we old people REALLY understand, life is short and you have to make the most of whatever time you have. We have a trip booked that starts Oct. 13 and making that trip is keeping our hopes alive. We are not selling!

We are old. DH is 82, I am 68. DH has just suffered a heart attack and has a blood clot in his lung. Resale prices are attractive for sellers right now and we could use some extra cash for medical bills. But, as we old people REALLY understand, life is short and you have to make the most of whatever time you have. We have a trip booked that starts Oct. 13 and making that trip is keeping our hopes alive. We are not selling!
You will be there when we are! We start October 12. I'm hoping to go to Disney until I breathe my last. 43 now so hopefully years of trips ahead of me. I tell my kids that I keep fit and healthy so I can keep walking around Disney world.

I'd like to see these changes, but the way Disney drags their feet and the changes you all know they'll make before they open I wonder if I'll see them. I'm already retired and hope this all opens before my kids are selecting my nursing home.

I have regretted selling 100 of our BWV points ever since the day we shipped off the paper work back in January. Now this new announcement, it's going to send me over the edge, lol! Luckily we still didn't get rid of all of our points, but I sure miss those extra 100 now!

I don't think I would ever sell my DVC. When the day comes my DVC ownership will be transferred to my niece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter