• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting off the ship

kalc12345

DIS Veteran
This is our first Disney Cruise. I am just curious as to what time we will get off the ship. We are not flying, we are driving our own car and going to WDW after the cruise. I know times will vary but what is the average time most get off the ship? Thanks :)

I think the earliest you may be able to get if is between 7:30 and 8am, provided there are no delays clearing customs.

They want you off by at least 9am. I got off around 8:30 myself both times.

We had late dining, so late breakfast. We wanted to go to breakfast, you can skip it if you wish. That put us a little later in the flow but we were off the ship by 9:30 and at Sea World by 10:30, even using park-n-cruise.

NORMAL Customs clearance--The big doors open at 7:30, DCL asks that everyone be off the ship by 9. If you are not off by 9:15, they start gently pushing you toward the doors.

If you have late dining which means late breakfast but want to be off earlier, you can get breakfast on the pool deck. This also works if you have early seating and want to sneak in another hour of sleep too.

It took us about an hour to get out, start to finish. No problems with customs but the line took forever and finding our bags was kind of a mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter