• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting Nervous??

MCFADDEN5

MCFADDEN5
Our trip is days away. It’s been so long since we went anywhere. My excitement is starting to turn to nerves. Anyone been recently? How did you find it. Am I worried about nothing?

We are here now. We did universal Friday and HS Saturday (it was extremely busy) and we did a rapid rest this morning and it was negative. We will keep testing everyday until our day to.do our PCR test (as we still don't qualify for the antigen test :furious:). But so far, so good. There are some people still wearing masks and most people will respect social distancing if you ask..

Our trip is days away. It’s been so long since we went anywhere. My excitement is starting to turn to nerves. Anyone been recently? How did you find it. Am I worried about nothing?
We leave in less than a week and I am so nervous about catching COVID before then that I haven’t even been stressing about my normal pre trip things (ie: I haven’t been obsessively checking the weather!)

We're not until March Break, but still wish they would have dropped the return testing altogether. Still holding out a glimmer they may do that if numbers keep falling. We're sticking with our 72 hr/3 day Switch Health test for the return (plus a backup option locally on the same day) vs the antigen option because if someone does test positive, the clock starts ticking on the 10 days from the day of your positive molecular test. We'd already be three days into that by the end of the original trip, whereas if we go 24-hour antigen and it's positive. You still have to go find and get a molecular test somewhere locally in order to start the clocking ticking on your 10-day isolation. It would be so nice if they would just eliminate the testing portion... Maybe if the U.S. does it first they'll follow.

We're not until March Break, but still wish they would have dropped the return testing altogether. Still holding out a glimmer they may do that if numbers keep falling. We're sticking with our 72 hr/3 day Switch Health test for the return (plus a backup option locally on the same day) vs the antigen option because if someone does test positive, the clock starts ticking on the 10 days from the day of your positive molecular test. We'd already be three days into that by the end of the original trip, whereas if we go 24-hour antigen and it's positive. You still have to go find and get a molecular test somewhere locally in order to start the clocking ticking on your 10-day isolation. It would be so nice if they would just eliminate the testing portion... Maybe if the U.S. does it first they'll follow.
I just booked Beeper MD 72 hr PCRs for this exact same reason… we have our switch health 24 hr rapid antigens to take but I want the PCRs to start the clock if needed. I’m not as worried if the results take a while to come back because I just want it for proof of recovery if we are positive.

We just got back Saturday and had an amazing 4 day trip. My husband got covid one week before my sister and I were meant to leave but I by some miracle managed not to get it. It was busy but we did genie plus and bought individual lightning lanes and we were able to do all of the things we wanted to. Has amazing meals at Le Cellier and Brown Derby. We never really felt unsafe. We did the free Walgreens drive thru NAAT test and got our results back within an hours.

Is the USA talking about dropping their testing requirements? I haven't heard anything about that.

We just got back Saturday and had an amazing 4 day trip. My husband got covid one week before my sister and I were meant to leave but I by some miracle managed not to get it. It was busy but we did genie plus and bought individual lightning lanes and we were able to do all of the things we wanted to. Has amazing meals at Le Cellier and Brown Derby. We never really felt unsafe. We did the free Walgreens drive thru NAAT test and got our results back within an hours.
I was craving the soup from Le Cellier, so I googled the recipe and got my dh and the kids to make it for me! LOL Was great, and can't wait to go there again for real!

I just booked Beeper MD 72 hr PCRs for this exact same reason… we have our switch health 24 hr rapid antigens to take but I want the PCRs to start the clock if needed. I’m not as worried if the results take a while to come back because I just want it for proof of recovery if we are positive.
We have Beeper booked as well as a back-up. Hopefully they show up :)

I was craving the soup from Le Cellier, so I googled the recipe and got my dh and the kids to make it for me! LOL Was great, and can't wait to go there again for real!
Is the NAAT Test just as sensitive as a PCR Test for detecting Covid? I may have had Covid over Christmas but it was not confirmed. I really like the idea of having 72 hours to get a test instead of the 24 hour timeframe for the antigen test.

Is the NAAT Test just as sensitive as a PCR Test for detecting Covid? I may have had Covid over Christmas but it was not confirmed. I really like the idea of having 72 hours to get a test instead of the 24 hour timeframe for the antigen test.
In this case you would be better taking a RAT test. Rapid Antigen are generally only sensitive while you are actively contagious. The NAAT is (I think) just as likely to pick up the shedding virus as the PCR weeks after an infection. For safety, I might book both. We're planning for a NAAT the Friday before we drive home and have a couple of boxes of RATs that we think we can get proctored tests in the car on the way home (purchased from a provider who appears will offer the service after Feb 28).

We are here now. We did universal Friday and HS Saturday (it was extremely busy) and we did a rapid rest this morning and it was negative. We will keep testing everyday until our day to.do our PCR test (as we still don't qualify for the antigen test :furious:). But so far, so good. There are some people still wearing masks and most people will respect social distancing if you ask..
air the switch health rapids tests going to be allowed for rentre? I haven’t been able to find our for sure.

air the switch health rapids tests going to be allowed for rentre? I haven’t been able to find our for sure.
The release says :

“Taking a rapid antigen test at home is not sufficient to meet the pre-entry requirement – it must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.”

Switch Health is authorized in Canada where it was purchased, and is administered by telehealth.. so I see no reason why it wouldn’t be. But of course I could be wrong ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter