getting nervous-should we change schedule?

AlwaysLoveDisney

Dis Freak!!!
so i am reading the unofficial guide to walt disney world 2008. i go on dis and hear many good things about emh mornings and have based our schedule a little around those. but in the book, they have nothing good to say about it. they say it's empty around that time, but around noon the park is so amazingly packed. idk if this has to do with the extra magic hours or what, but now i am getting nervous. especially since i am going in june and have also heard bad things about crowds at that time. i guess im just looking for some positive comments for once. haha.
so can anybody give me a little more incite on morning emh and how you think this will be on my trip in mid june?
please and thank you.

We generally go to MK during an EHM (mornings) since most vacationers are too lazy to get to the gates by 8am. (Heck on 12/26/05 we got to MK at 6:45am! Did everything we wanted before the masses arrived!) You will be able to walk on all the big rides until, oh let's say, 10:30-11am. You should be fastpassing your favorites even if you are also riding them during the early morning.

You will most likely be ready to clear out in early afternoon when most folks are just staggering in, holding maps, standing in the middle of Main Street trying to figure out where to go.

Enjoy some pool time and plan to hit another park in the evening. Or come back to MK especially if you still have FP to use!

I can't comment on evening EMH. Never done that. We generally avoid the park with evening EMH.

Hope I was helpful.

KJ

No commando sunrises for me, I try to relax on vacation. I head to the less crowded non-EMH parks and enjoy the day, without crowds.

We also avoid the parks that have emh's, even this next time when we are staying on site we have planned our parks by which ones are not having emh's.

We hit the EMH parks and walk on the rides for a couple of hours. By then we've ridden just about every ride we wanted. By noon we eat lunch and that's it!

We can walk around that park for the rest of the day, head to another park, head back to our room to rest, and prepare for the evening EMH :)

We aren't morning people, so I can't help with morning emh :rotfl: During our June trips we relax, play golf in the morning, hang out at the pool and don't head to the parks till after the afternoon rain storm. The rain usually clears the parks a bit and cools it off. We almost always go to the evening emh park.

If you can manage to be up and to the park for morning emh, then I'd say go for it :goodvibes

If we have a hopper ticket than we do go to the Am emh..we're there just prior to park opening and stay until about 11:30'ish...and hop to another park.

If we do NOT have a park hopper we avoid that park for am emh.

We always avoid pm emh

AM EMH can be quite useful, depending on the park you go to, the time of year you go, and what you are looking to get done. I can't imagine going to Animal Kingdom and getting everything done in one day without it! As for MK, it was fun for us to take advantage of in August, because it was still cool(er) in the morning, and we were able to head back to the room to relax after we had ridden just about everything we wanted!

If you really can get there when the parks open for EMH, do it. But if you're going to stroll in at twenty minutes after EMH starts, then you're wise to avoid that park.

That's my two cents for you today!

Oh, I hope we ALL have our "lazy" tourist moments. Either it's sleeping in or heading back to your room for a nap/pool time.

I wouldn't call it lazy, more like actually relaxing on your vacation! This can be a little hard, with all the fun/excitment at WDW. :banana: :banana: :banana:

We loved the EMH at Mk especially. We felt like we toured through Fantasyland and several other things before the park opened to other guests. We really maximized our time at each of the parks we went to that offered EMH. You can see & ride so many things without the fight of the crowd. Yes, you're on vacation and it would be nice to sleep in--which we allocated time for a couple of days, but at the same time, we really made use of our time and were able to double what we saw just by getting up early. We toured till 11:00, ate lunch, and then park hopped to a different park to get away from the more crowded park we started at. I followed much of the advice of the Unoff. Guide last time (which was in June--the time you're worried about) but the one about the EMH. I think it really plays to your advantage, but then again I have little ones that get up early and want to crash early too, so it works for us.

AM EMH is great, you can get loads done, most folks don't wake up early on vacation, but I would get out of Dodge about an hour or so after regular park opening and hop to a less crowded park.

I would NOT do EMH without the hopping option.

Since the advent of MYW many folks are opting not to buy the hopper add on, so an emh park will always be more crowded on an emh day than a regular day.

AM EMH can be quite useful, depending on the park you go to, the time of year you go, and what you are looking to get done. I can't imagine going to Animal Kingdom and getting everything done in one day without it! As for MK, it was fun for us to take advantage of in August, because it was still cool(er) in the morning, and we were able to head back to the room to relax after we had ridden just about everything we wanted!

Ditto for us. We can get on all our favorites plus semi-favorites by lunchtime if we go to the AM EMH at the MK. We walk on one ride after another, nothing beats it. I don't consider us commandos. We go back to the hotel for the afternoon, sit at the pool and relax.

Hi there, . . i had the same reservations about the EMHs when iw as planning my trip., . . but unlike you, my group and i are going to go to the pm EMHs, .. reasoning being very simple - we're not morning people. We thought aht we might as well spend 3 hrs at the park at night than wake up early and earn only 1 hr in the morning. Reading this forum has also taught me that if you can last through the pm EMH, then the park really thins out.

As for the AM EMH, . . though you only get one hour extra, . . there are a lot of people who don't make it for rope drop. I scheduled one AM emh at MK, . . .and i'm going in 3 days. When i come back, maybe i can give you a more accurate representation of wat happened = )

We went in May and I was worried about this too! We arrived about 8:10 on an EMH day so we avoided the crowd going in and we actually got lots done that first hour. But I don't think we did more that morning than the morning we had CP reservations prior to park opening. We finished up there around 9 and managed to do a lot that morning also(regular park hours that day). Now this was May and it may be more crowded in June! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter