Getting Married and Celebrating with a Disneymoon! October 2012 PTR~Update 5/17 pg 14

Love the dresses, and the color! I think your ADR list looks great! We especially love Kona and Kouzzina for breakfast!

I'm in! You and Chris look great together. So happy and in love!! Your plans look great and I am so jealous that you may be getting to stay at either BWV or BCV. When will you find out? The Boardwalk is my dream resort!

I think it's great that y'all are going to Disney on your honeymoon. We didn't (we went to Jamaica) but we went to WDW six months before our wedding and again six months after which just happened to be the end of Oct/beginning of Nov and it's such a wonderful time to go! Low crowds, great weather plus F&W and MNSSHP! We love it so much that we may be there the same time y'all are this year!!

Your reception venue is gorgeous! Hopefully y'all will have beautiful weather so you can take advantage of the gardens and also have cocktail hour outside.

Good luck with the rest of your planning and I'll be here to follow along! Hopefully I'll be there with you later this year!!

Oh, and BTW I have an AMAZING chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe if you're interested!

Hi! Just joining in! First off, October is an awesome time to be having your honeymoon! I go to the world every year during October and getting to experience MNSSHP and Food and Wine in the same trip is so fun! You will love both :lovestruc Also, I've heard a lot about Wild Africa Trek and it looks amazing so I hope you do it so I can hear about it! Oh, and I am so jealous of all of your ADRs!

Your BMs dresses are beautiful, too. Definitely different. I really like the shoulder detail. Well, that's it for my rambling. Can't wait to read more!

Just want to let everyone know I'm still here and have read all the wonderful, sweet comments. I'm off all day tomorrow so I'll be back then with replies and an update...an...interesting, update....:headache:

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well. Everyday that goes by I get more and more excited for my wedding and my honeymoon! :banana: We just went under the 8 month mark and things are really all falling into place. Thank you all for the kind words on my bridesmaids dresses. Unfortunately, one of my bridesmaids did not agree with you all...Chris' sister. Yes, his sister. Without going into a lot of detail she basically texted me and told me she was not spending $200 on a dress she didn't like and maybe the rest of my bridesmaids lied to me about liking it so they wouldn't hurt my feelings...yea. She really said that to me. So, she is no longer in the wedding. But, I called the bridal store Friday and told them she was not a bridesmaid anymore and for them to place the order on the rest of the dresses...so the order was hopefully place right away, and if not, on Monday! So YAY!! :woohoo: There will be no negativity surrounding my wedding so I'm really not stressing over the whole bridesmaid issue :thumbsup2

On the plus side, Chris and I booked a florist! A woman who my dad works with recommended we go check the guy out, even though the shop is about 40 minutes from our house. Well, it was worth the drive! He was SOOOO nice, and his work is amazing. His company has been doing business for over 30 years and he does ONLY weddings. I actually called one of my bridesmaids who is getting married next year as soon as we left and told her to call and make an appointment and she did! She goes to see them March 10 lol We came in about $700 UNDER budget on flowers too...which is amazing! :yay:

Last Sunday, my bridesmaids Sam, Michelle, Tara, our friend Heather and I went to a bridal showcase at Oheka Castle. It's in Huntington, NY and it is where Kevin Jonas got married. It's $300-$500 A PLATE along with a $10,000 site fee just to start off. Luckily, Sam's cousin works at Oheka and was able to get us into the showcase for free! Clearly I'm not getting married there but the place is AMAZING.

Oheka Castle

At the showcase, Tara and I (she's the one who is getting married next year) fell in love with a company that does custom invitations (lots of bling!) as well as rentals on stuff like seating boards and table numbers. We booked appointments with the company for March 17 and if we both book stuff the lady said she'll give us good discounts! As soon as I know more about that I'll post some pictures :goodvibes

I think that's about it as far as the wedding goes...now time to talk about the honeymoon! Unfortunately, I heard the Hoop De Doo Review is closing for a refurbishment from August 5-December 31 :headache: This really upset Chris because he was soooo looking forward to doing it again. So our options now are to a) do the Spirit of Aloha again or b) choose another "regular" place to eat. Suggestions?

Also, I'm getting really excited because March 29 is the day I can have my DVC friend call and see if we're able to get into (in order of preference) BCV, BWV or VWL! So keep your fingers crossed for us!

Is there anything I'm forgetting? Feel free to ask questions because that makes me remember thing I've forgotten! :thumbsup2

Also, I'm getting really excited because March 29 is the day I can have my DVC friend call and see if we're able to get into (in order of preference) BCV, BWV or VWL! So keep your fingers crossed for us!

Is there anything I'm forgetting? Feel free to ask questions because that makes me remember thing I've forgotten! :thumbsup2

Not sure if your friend can do it online but I found out it rolls to the next day at 8 am and the phone open up at 9 am. Worth a try. Good luck I know you will get what you want.

Wow ! So sorry to hear that your bridesmaid didn't agree ! I still think it's a great choice and an amazing dress :) That is awesome you came in $700 under budget on the flowers . Definitely DOUBLE CHECK on HDDMR they changed the refurb dates Im not positive to what but my cousin made ressies for the end of August and so did a few others on these Boards Im not sure if it will still affect you or not . The Bridal Expo place is amazing but not for that kind of money though I agree :) the place you picked is a Beautiful Place :) Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your wish with DVC!!!!

You made a great choice on the braidsmaid dress, they will fill like princess.

Your dining choice made me hungry just reading over them.

Thanks so much! They make me hungry too lol

AHHHHHH your plans to eat look AMAZING. You did well picking great restaurants!! Some I haven't eaten at but I definitely want to try them!!!! I can't wait to see your reviews on them. You added RAGLAN ROAD!! MY FAVORITE lol... it is in my own opinion that this restaurant does not get enough attention lol!!

Your bridesmaids dresses are beautiful!!!!

ETA: I love that you love the TiW ... I think we're going to invest in that shortly as often as we go!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like RR so much... I was thinking of nixing it but now I won't!

Thank you!

You should get the TiW card!

Hey GIRL! :wave2:

I need to go subscribe to your new trip report asap. I've been slacking on the DIS lately.

Your bridesmaids' dresses are gorgeous! I love that you picked a one shoulder dress.... and the color is so pretty :goodvibes

DISNEY FOOOOOOD! :love::cloud9::love: All of my favorites on your list, so you did good. :rotfl: You'll have to let me know how yall like T-Rex... Jake wants to eat there so badly one day. (He doesn't know we're going in December, so it's a SURPRISE!)

Woooo can't wait for your wedding!!

Hey sweets! :hug: Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

I'm so excited to see Jake's reaction when you surprise him...so video it! LOL I'm excited to try T-Rex!

I'm so happy you'll be at the wedding!

I cannot wait to get my bridesmaids dress in!!! It's gorgeous! And I'm happy you included me through the phone when picking it out. :)

Anything for you dear! :)

*Kona Cafe- Kona is so good! If you want coffee, you guys should get the pressed coffee pot here. And of course, TONGA TOAST! :banana:
*Kouzzina- I've never been there for any meal!Try breakfast!
*Tusker House- This was such a fun breakfast when we went together!!
*Cinderella's Royal Table- I've never been there for breakfast! That should be fun! It's such a neat place to eat. I've never been here at all, I'm excited!
*Liberty Tree Tavern- I'm weird and not a big fan of LTT. :confused3 Never been there and wouldn't do dinner but the lunch menu looks a bit better
*50's Prime Time Cafe- Never been there either!
*Hollywood Brown Derby (with Fantasmic! package)- HBD is so good!! And the Fantasmic package is great. Just be sure to go get your seats close to when they open your entrance. It can still get full fast and you want to be able to pick out a good spot! We did the Fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's once...I can't wait to try fancy schmanzy HBD lol
*'Ohana- I'll be expecting some texts with you're loopy from Lapu Lapu again! :laughing:
*Cape May Cafe- We haven't been here in awhile. We've always liked it though!
*Raglan Road- I know you like it here. We want to try this sometime! We've never been! I think you're thinking of House of Blues where we go a lot.
*California Grill- I love how we are both eating here on our honeymoon. I'll let you know what we have.Please do! We've never been here!
*T-Rex- Little Guy would LOVE to eat here!!!!
*Biergarten- I knew you guys would eat here!!
*Narcoossee's- I hope it's open for you!! I'll be a little jealous. Maybe we'll end up a Citrico's too!
*Hoop De Doo Review- Such a fun meal. We should do it together sometime! It's gonna be closedddddd, booooooooo
*Sanaa- This is another one we want to try. We just didn't have enough time on the honeymoon for everything!!
*Le Cellier- Love Le Cellier. I think it's Fiance's favorite restaurant at WDW.
*Kona Cafe- Eating dinner at Kona will always remind me of the night we all ate together. :lovestruc

The dress you picked out is beautiful! And your dining plans look really yummy. I agree with you on the regular dining plan not being enough credits to do signatures, but the deluxe being too many! So TIW seems the way to go. We ate at a few of those places on our honeymoon - our favorite was Narcoossee's!

Wowwww you have a lot of good meals picked out! I see several that I am dying to try myself!

The bridesmaids' dresses are SO cute! I love that it's a one-shoulder dress too. The color also really strikes me as perfect for a fall wedding :lovestruc

Hi there! I've been a little gone, but I see you have too!:goodvibes

First, CONGRATULATIONS on finishing school!:banana: DS and DDIL are teachers - I know what a huge accomplishment this is!

Love the bridesmaid dress - especially the color you chose! I'm looking forward to your TRs - love your ADR choices - you will have plenty to eat for sure!:rotfl2:

The TIW sounds like a good choice for you!

I have been slacking so much with DIS I 'll have to go back and catch up later but the dress you picked is Fabulous ! I can't wait to see it all come together. I love your restaurant choices :) The TIW Card seems like a good deal ! I probably need to look into that and see how it would work for my familywe maybe going in Sept for Food & Wine if I can swing it after our June 2 day Disney stay and Disney Cruise.
But now unfortunately I have to leave for work in a few minutes but Im going to come back tonight to catch up ;)

I got behind on commenting on everyone's TR and PTR, but just wanted to say that I think the dresses look gorgeous!

I'm finally all caught up! I LOVeeeee your Save the Date cards with the Pooh Quote! The colors are great ! The idea of the Disney songs playing softly while eating dinner is a really cool idea! You really came across an awesome deal with those Southwest Credit Cards the Free Flights for Tinkgurls wedding and your Honeymoon what an amazing savings :) I can't believe your already only a lil more than 8 months away from your Big day ! :goodvibes

Love the bridesmaid dresses! They are beautiful! :cloud9:

And I love all of the ADR choices, too. You've got so many yummy places in there. We did the TiW card on our honeymoon since we had APs at the time and loved it - I wish we still had one! It really is a money saver. :thumbsup2

Gorgeous bridesmaid dresses! I love them!

Love the dresses, and the color! I think your ADR list looks great! We especially love Kona and Kouzzina for breakfast!

All of your restaurants look great! The Hoop Dee Doo is a lot of fun! And I love your bridesmaid dresses!:goodvibes

Thank you!! I'm so sad HDDR is going to be closed when we're there.

I'm in! You and Chris look great together. So happy and in love!! Your plans look great and I am so jealous that you may be getting to stay at either BWV or BCV. When will you find out? The Boardwalk is my dream resort!

Thank you!! We should find out on March 29, our 7 month mark.

I think it's great that y'all are going to Disney on your honeymoon. We didn't (we went to Jamaica) but we went to WDW six months before our wedding and again six months after which just happened to be the end of Oct/beginning of Nov and it's such a wonderful time to go! Low crowds, great weather plus F&W and MNSSHP! We love it so much that we may be there the same time y'all are this year!!

At first we didn't want to do a Disneymoon...but at this point, we can't imagine going anywhere else. We've never been at this time of year so this is our first F&W and MNSSHP.

Your reception venue is gorgeous! Hopefully y'all will have beautiful weather so you can take advantage of the gardens and also have cocktail hour outside.

Good luck with the rest of your planning and I'll be here to follow along! Hopefully I'll be there with you later this year!!

Oh, and BTW I have an AMAZING chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe if you're interested!

Thank you! I hope the weather is good for outside pictures!

Hi! Just joining in! First off, October is an awesome time to be having your honeymoon! I go to the world every year during October and getting to experience MNSSHP and Food and Wine in the same trip is so fun! You will love both :lovestruc Also, I've heard a lot about Wild Africa Trek and it looks amazing so I hope you do it so I can hear about it! Oh, and I am so jealous of all of your ADRs!

Your BMs dresses are beautiful, too. Definitely different. I really like the shoulder detail. Well, that's it for my rambling. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! I'm glad you're here! We can't wait for the Wild Africe Trek. We've been eyeing it for over a year.

That was what I liked about the BM dresses, they're different. Thank you!

Just joining in. Everything looks WONDERFUL. I love your plans!

Thanks for joining in!!

Definitely dont let his sis bug u! :sad2: Im glad ur not letting it bother u :) This is ur day & people will try 2 take the spotlight by starting trouble...

$700 is alot of money u saved :woohoo: u can do alot with that...

Ohana is another option u can try since hoop-dee-do will b closed, especially if u booked around the wishes fireworks, u can eat & watch the fireworks at the same time! :lovestruc

Great update! Sorry about Chris' sister. i just don't understand why people can't suck up their feelings and be supportive!

The castle is amazing and I am glad you have your flowers all squared away! What kinds of flowers will you have?

Is it ever possible to have a wedding without some sort of bridesmaid maid drama/problem?

Be glad your bridesmaid showed her negativity now. Two of bridesmaids left at 1:00 the morning of my wedding. They had the lady at the front desk deliver their bridesmaids dresses to my room with a post it note taped to it that said "Sorry."

Be glad your bridesmaid showed her negativity now. Two of bridesmaids left at 1:00 the morning of my wedding. They had the lady at the front desk deliver their bridesmaids dresses to my room with a post it note taped to it that said "Sorry."

Oh my gosh, Jill!! That's horrible!

You already know how I feel about Chris' sister, so I won't say any of those words on here. :rotfl:

Oh boo, the HDDR will be closed! :headache: Looks like we will definitely be eating there together in 2013!! :) For a replacement, that's a hard question! The Luau is so much fun and so good!! But before you for sure decide, are there any other restaurants you haven't been to and are interested in? Maybe we can help give you feedback about some other places?

been gone a while (probably the only reader to see you hadn't had too many updates because I didn't miss much) ;) That stinks about Chris' sister, but everyone's right...better now than later. My MOH bailed on me a few months before to "star" in a community theater show. Which, to be honest, was fine with me because I wanted to ask my sisters to be my MOHs but DH opened his mouth and told our friend she was the MOH and it was hard to back out of, so for me, it all worked out in the end. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

I'm sorry to hear about HDDR...it's so much fun. But, it sounds like it would be great for you and tinkgurl to do on your next trip together as "NEWLYWEDS!!!"

I'm glad to hear everything else is falling into place. Now, off to read your TR!

Definitely dont let his sis bug u! :sad2: Im glad ur not letting it bother u :) This is ur day & people will try 2 take the spotlight by starting trouble...

$700 is alot of money u saved :woohoo: u can do alot with that...

Ohana is another option u can try since hoop-dee-do will b closed, especially if u booked around the wishes fireworks, u can eat & watch the fireworks at the same time! :lovestruc

I've really totally just let it go...I don't care! I want only positivity in my wedding :)

There's definitely a lot that can be done with $700 lol

We are already DEFINITELY doing 'Ohana! We actually ate and watched the fireworks in June of last year!

Great update! Sorry about Chris' sister. i just don't understand why people can't suck up their feelings and be supportive!

The castle is amazing and I am glad you have your flowers all squared away! What kinds of flowers will you have?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing!!

We're not sure what kind of flowers yet. The florist that we booked wants us to come back at the beginning of September because then he can actually show us what will be available then in the colors we want.

Is it ever possible to have a wedding without some sort of bridesmaid maid drama/problem?

I don't think so :sad2:

:eek: OMG Jill!! That is probably the worst bridesmaids story I've ever heard! You're totally right, better that this happened to me now than later!

You already know how I feel about Chris' sister, so I won't say any of those words on here. :rotfl:

Oh boo, the HDDR will be closed! :headache: Looks like we will definitely be eating there together in 2013!! :) For a replacement, that's a hard question! The Luau is so much fun and so good!! But before you for sure decide, are there any other restaurants you haven't been to and are interested in? Maybe we can help give you feedback about some other places?

lol this is a family website, please don't use those words and get yourself kicked off! haha

Oh yessss, without a doubt in 2013!

Oh you know we loved the luau! We're still not decided on what we're gonna do!

been gone a while (probably the only reader to see you hadn't had too many updates because I didn't miss much) ;) That stinks about Chris' sister, but everyone's right...better now than later. My MOH bailed on me a few months before to "star" in a community theater show. Which, to be honest, was fine with me because I wanted to ask my sisters to be my MOHs but DH opened his mouth and told our friend she was the MOH and it was hard to back out of, so for me, it all worked out in the end. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

I'm sorry to hear about HDDR...it's so much fun. But, it sounds like it would be great for you and tinkgurl to do on your next trip together as "NEWLYWEDS!!!"

I'm glad to hear everything else is falling into place. Now, off to read your TR!

You really didn't miss much! You're so right though, I'm happy it happened now and not closer to the wedding. I can't believe your MOH did that but I'm glad it worked out for the better!!

I definitely look forward to doing HDDR with tinkgurl in 2013!!

Hey I'm usually a lurker on these boards.. I'm not engaged so I don't know if I'm allowed here!! :lmao:

But I had to ask.. I just read your PTR and was wondering where you are having your reception. It looks so familiar! I live on Long Island too. (Plus I work around the corner from Oheka Castle.. AMAZING!)

Everything looks so great.. Congratulations!

Sorry about the drama with Chris's sister :sad2:. I don't get along with Zach's sister really and he's hinted that when we get married he'd really like for her to be a bridesmaid. No way!
I've been to a wedding at Oheka Castle. By far the ritziest place I've ever been to for an event. It's gorgeoussss. Glad you were able to meet some great vendors!
Ooo, I hope you can get BCV!! It would be amazing to be so close to Epcot for your trip!

Hey I'm usually a lurker on these boards.. I'm not engaged so I don't know if I'm allowed here!! :lmao:

But I had to ask.. I just read your PTR and was wondering where you are having your reception. It looks so familiar! I live on Long Island too. (Plus I work around the corner from Oheka Castle.. AMAZING!)

Everything looks so great.. Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter