getting main seating after being waitlisted

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Ok folks ... Lisa is back on (about time) for the 12/13/03 (aka Ann's birthday cruise) we have our ressies linked but I am first seating and she is waitlisted for it. No way we can switch to late seating DS would faint from hunger (they wouldn't swich us would they without my permission) so what are the chances her waitlist will come through. Has anyone been successful in this?

Can't comment on your chances of switching, but don't forget that there are lots and lots of food options; we found it very nice to have a late afternoon/early evening snack of chicken tenders, or some other item - this would keep us until dinner quite nicely.

I concur!!! We love late seating....love ordering some nice room service around 4:30....cheese/cracker plate or chicken fingers, or even chocolate chip cookies and milk, or a tuna sandwich, etc.

FYI....we were travelling with 3 families and 2 of the families wanted late seating and one family wanted early seating due to their child being a diabetic. Well, when we got onboard all of us were moved to early seating and my family and the other that wanted late seating had to get it switched back once onboard. When I had called early in the week I was told the 2 families had late and 1 had early...so just check once onboard to make sure they did not move you.

MJ

I have had to waitlist and switch to main seating a few times. This usually happens whenever we book a cruise just a few months out. I've never been stuck with late seating yet. Here's what I do:

• Get on the waitlist
  • Call every few days to see if anything's opened up
  • If all else fails, go to the dining manager once on board (I've never had to do this)

I've been told by DCL reservations that they do not automatically check the wait list as soon as something opens up. They only refer to it once a day to fill any openings. So if someone calls to cancel, and you then call to check for an opening, they'll give it to you. During the week just prior to the 60-day refund deadline, call every day to check. This is when most cancellations occur. If you booked through a travel agent, badger them into doing this for you.

The call-in method has worked for me a few times. I've also used it to get a higher stateroom category when the one I wanted was full.

I was wait listed for early seating for our last cruise but found that I got what I wanted when we arrived. Apparently everytime some one puts a hold on a cabin they hold their dining spot. When we were looking for a cruise many of the places I was getting quotes for put a complementary hold on the cabin for us. At one point my family had 6 different tables!

You are pretty far out still so there is a good chance of your friends getting moved to the early seating.

Ann, Ann, Ann...:)
We are still months out. Don't worry girl they will move us up...or as these other fine folks have suggested...you all move to second seating. We actually prefer the second seating as we are snacking so much through out the day and not hungry at 6, BUT, main seating is worth it if we get great tablemates like you and Jay and Mike!:)

And Senor...I will not badger my travel agent...LOL...she has been much too kind to begin with...and besides that, SHE will be on the cruise with me!:)

Cathy, if you read this...Ann suggested that maybe if you gave up your main seating assignment...???:):)
Or Michelle, or Alex? LOL

Lisa

Lisa dear.. as much as I adore you I will not give up my main seating to sit with you... Mike will be a HUGE pain in the *** and Jay can't stand to eat later than 6:15 even at home (yes they are creatures of habit).. alas what will be will be now if a moderator decides to suck it up and do the right thing that is wonderful ;) anyhow I do concur that in 8 months time several people may cancell their cruise.

Ann, don't worry about it, Alex was linked to us last December and was waitlisted for main, and he cleared it in plenty of time. I am SURE Lisa will clear main and you guys will be sitting together. :)

See? Listen to Michelle...she is most wise!:)
We will be back on Main and you will have to endure...er, I mean ENJOY having us dine with you throughout the cruise at mealtimes!:)

Lisa

We were waitlisted for early seating this past December. I never checked on the status of our waitlist; I figured I'd try to change it on boarding day. When we got our cruise documents it said we had main seating, so it may come through before your cruise.

Ann, I have the same situation. I have Main seating and our friends who booked before December are waitlisted. We are cruising May 17th. She is still waitlisted. I am hoping that we will be able to get them on main dining. I am a little upset because we were linked with 2 additional families (8 more) that re-booked for a later date and I figured that would allow them to get Main dining since they were linked to me. No chance!!

Originally posted by AnnMorin
Ok folks ... Lisa is back on (about time) for the 12/13/03 (aka Ann's birthday cruise) we have our ressies linked but I am first seating and she is waitlisted for it. No way we can switch to late seating DS would faint from hunger (they wouldn't swich us would they without my permission) so what are the chances her waitlist will come through. Has anyone been successful in this?

We were in the same situation last week, and thought we'd have to try to switch once we got on board. Much to our happiness though, we got our Key to the World cards at the Port and found that we were moved to early seating and were at the same table as our friends.

Good luck!

Originally posted by AnnMorin
Sr. Ferrari who calls you or your travel agent?

Ann,

I'm actually not sure. You'd probably have to check with the travel agent. When I've had to do this, I've booked the trip myself, so I owned the reservation, or I've made any changes before transferring the reservation to an agent. The way I understand it, if a travel agent books your cruise, they "own" the reservation, so they have to be the one to make the changes. However, it seems that if you have your reservation number, they will talk to you directly. I'm guessing it varies between DCL agents.

One one occasion, we booked pretty late, and had to be waitlisted. I could have gotten a bit better price through a travel agent for the same sailing, but I was not sure how persistant they would be in trying to change my seating. I ended up paying more and booking the trip directly, but it was worth it to me to be able to get main seating. There's no way I want to wait until 8:30 to eat, and I want to be hungry when I get to the dining room. I fear that if I snack to tie me over until an 8:30 dinner, I won't be hungry. Remember when your mom told you, "you'll spoil your appetite"? Well, for me it turns out she was right.

My husband and son would never make it either Sr. F.. they would snack and snack and then not want dinner. I am all set for the main seating it is just in hopes that Lisa will be able to be switched. If not I can always slip them some crackers on my way to dinner ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter