Getting magic bands for a vacation booked only a week out?

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, I had to change our vacation and push it back a week and the resort we were booked at (GF) didn't ahve availability so I had to change us over to another resort (BWI), however now in MDE it says we need to customize our vacation because they are shipping any moment. I figured I'd just decline them since we already had our magic bands from when we made the first reservation, just thought I'd ask if you book this close out will they actually ship you magic bands? Or do you just pick them up at the resort? Since I don't need them it doesn't really matter, but it's good to kmow in the future that if we book lipase you can still get customized magic bands instead of having to get grey ones.

Hi guys, I had to change our vacation and push it back a week and the resort we were booked at (GF) didn't ahve availability so I had to change us over to another resort (BWI), however now in MDE it says we need to customize our vacation because they are shipping any moment. I figured I'd just decline them since we already had our magic bands from when we made the first reservation, just thought I'd ask if you book this close out will they actually ship you magic bands? Or do you just pick them up at the resort? Since I don't need them it doesn't really matter, but it's good to kmow in the future that if we book lipase you can still get customized magic bands instead of having to get grey ones.

I think I got this straight if not please feel free to jump in. You declined your bands for the new resort (BWI) and you got the bands for the old resort (GF) You should be able to use them. But can you go back in MDE & accept the bands for the BWI or is it too late to do so? It only takes about a week to get them. I got mine two weeks ago for my trip in Sept, 11th.

Oh yeah I am using my original ones that I got from my GF reservation, I was just surprised they offered to give us new ones because it was so close to our trip. I figured at only 10 days out, they would just expect us to use magic bands we already had or just gave us generic gray bands at check in. I don't need the second set so like I said it doesn't matter, I just thought it was nice to know that even if you book very close to your travel dates that you'd still have the option to get customized magic bands.

I have every color magic band, Disney never realized the fact we were coming down 3 times a year plus the Annual pass magicband , Since each magicband is worth what $20 bucks I am going to keep ordering them just to cycle out the older ones, maybe have a magicband string for our tree at xmas lol

I have every color magic band, Disney never realized the fact we were coming down 3 times a year plus the Annual pass magicband , Since each magicband is worth what $20 bucks I am going to keep ordering them just to cycle out the older ones, maybe have a magicband string for our tree at xmas lol

We are in the same boat. I'm working on fashioning a belt from them all ; )

Disney gets them made in China for pennies (like everything else they sale) and ships them out of TN. They arent even a blip on their budget.

I would decline them, and use the ones you already have. Our trip this month I declined the MB's, and all the bands linked to my acct worked at our resort, dining, shopping, etc.

Disney gets them made in China for pennies (like everything else they sale) and ships them out of TN. They arent even a blip on their budget.

Meant $20 in the stores for people who actually buy them at like a park or somewhere

Yeah, I ended up declining them and using the ones we have, plus I plan to buy one of the pretty character ones when I get there anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter