Getting kicked out of DVC Online Booking after "hold" on reservation.

This just happened to me trying to book Poly at 8am. I had the room, got to the Holding page, clicked to add the names and bam! Back to the search page. Of course the room was gone. I was on Safari. I sent a nice message to MS detailing the issues, but again, not sure how much they can do apart from logging the complaints. Maybe they can get the IT department to at least start checking log files. Has anyone found a browser that's immune from this issue?

The whole system is down. I even had trouble at one point responding to a post on here earlier.

The phone lines were down 1/2 hour ago

I had a thought. Is everybody clicking Search after already being logged in pre-8:00am? As in, this morning, my issues happened when I logged into the system around 7:55am, then put in my dates, room type, resort, and number of people, and clicked Search exactly at 8:00am. It grabbed and "held" my room then, before kicking me back. But what I'm wondering is whether anyone who has had this issue has started the login process right at 8 when the availability boots up, but not before?

I had this issue at 11am- not anywhere near online booking opening time and for a date closer than the last date available to me.

It just happened to me three times!!! Still trying to book Poly for the last week of October. It's a good thing we haven't bought our plane tickets yet o_O

Why do we let DVC/Disney get away with such poor service? We are paying millions of dollars per year for MS and the systems that don't work, makes me so mad!

:earsboy: Bill

Why do we let DVC/Disney get away with such poor service? We are paying millions of dollars per year for MS and the systems that don't work, makes me so mad!

:earsboy: Bill

I completely agree! It's unacceptable that we should not be able to book using points that we are paying for if the room is available. I would understand if the problem was isolated or if the room was simply full, but once it says it's being held, that should be non-negotiable. It's a pervasive problem and I'm very disappointed as a newly minted DVCer that this is allowed to continue for as long as it has. Making 100% sure that members can book their vacations should be a pretty big priority, I would think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter